+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just got back from the Finale Performance filming

PSP

Just got back from the Finale Performance filming

I got an e-mail late Friday offering us tickets to the filming of the performance night of the finale - I accepted. The filming was at the CBS studios in West Hollywood today. Everyone danced with everyone else, so there were a total of 9 dances - there were more than a few which I think will be memorable, if not classics. One in particular had the entire audience as well as all of the choreographers on their feet - and more than one of the "jidges" in tears. It's a "must see" moment .

IMO, there wasn't a clear winner - or even favorite as there has been in previous seasons. The small venue allowed us unprecedented access to the choreographers and former contestants. It was a real kick!

Don't miss it - you will definitely enjoy it!

Re: Just got back from the Finale Performance filming

I'm anxious now... My heart is racing... lol

Quote Originally Posted by PSP;3768269;
    I got an e-mail late Friday offering us tickets to the filming of the performance night of the finale - I accepted. The filming was at the CBS studios in West Hollywood today. Everyone danced with everyone else, so there were a total of 9 dances - there were more than a few which I think will be memorable, if not classics. One in particular had the entire audience as well as all of the choreographers on their feet - and more than one of the "jidges" in tears. It's a "must see" moment .

IMO, there wasn't a clear winner - or even favorite as there has been in previous seasons. The small venue allowed us unprecedented access to the choreographers and former contestants. It was a real kick!

Don't miss it - you will definitely enjoy it!
    Would you care to elaborate?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think I know who got the standing ovation... Nappytabs tweeted that their couple did well and got standing O. hmm...

PSP

Sorry - didn't mean to be cryptic or seem like I'm holding back. It was just an incredibly long day. Let me state for the record that I know very little about dance, so it's tough for me to judge the technical nuances of the performances. In my eye, they are all incredible dancers.

The major standing ovation dance was a lyrical piece with Jakob and Kathryn. I'm familiar with the primary choreographers on the show, but this was a pair of gentlemen whose names I didn't recognize at the time, but I think it could have been Desmond Richardson & Dwight Rhoden.

While all of the performances were excellent, praise from the judges appeared to be centered on three dancers - Jakob and Kathryn for their talent and performance skills and Russell for his dramatic improvement and how he can be an inspiration to young dancers . The general consensus of the audience (many of which had SYTYCD credentials) and the contestants from previous seasons sitting around us was that it would be very close, but that the winner would be either Jakob or Kathryn.

kiariclois, Ashleigh danced beautifully, but IMO she didn't stand out. Same with Ellenore and Ryan. They all had beautiful, solid performances - but that certain charismatic flair that Russell, Kathryn, and Jakob have just wasn't there.

If you are really a huge fan of the show, you owe it to yourself to fill out the ticket request form on the Fox SYTYCD website - that's all I did to get tickets. I was sitting in possibly the worst seat in the house and yet I probably wasn't more than 75' from the stage. Many of the dancers from previous seasons and several of the choreographers were more than happy to chat with us - a very good time!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PSP;3768584;
    ... The major standing ovation dance was a lyrical piece with Jakob and Kathryn. I'm familiar with the primary choreographers on the show, but this was a pair of gentlemen whose names I didn't recognize at the time, but I think it could have been Desmond Richardson & Dwight Rhoden...

[TopCatDC just went into "Awesome Shock" and may take a while to revive. Please talk amongst yourselves.]

^^ hahaha.

I knew Kathryn and Jakob's partnership would be AWESOME. With the right body shape and height, plus the talent -- they're perfect for each other -- Dance wise, that is. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3768724;

[TopCatDC just went into "Awesome Shock" and may take a while to revive. Please talk amongst yourselves.]
    TopCatDC, you must live! I would miss your posts!

Thanks for the info, I can't wait to see this finale. I don't much care for there being a final 6 instead of 4, but I think these group of dancers have been great. I would really be ok with any of them winning I think. but I am pulling especially for Jakob

The major standing ovation dance was a lyrical piece with Jakob and Kathryn
    That doesn't surprise me a bit. I've been itching to see them partner up for weeks now! I'm so excited!

ETA: Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

If you are really a huge fan of the show, you owe it to yourself to fill out the ticket request form on the Fox SYTYCD website - that's all I did to get tickets. I was sitting in possibly the worst seat in the house and yet I probably wasn't more than 75' from the stage. Many of the dancers from previous seasons and several of the choreographers were more than happy to chat with us - a very good time!
    Wow, thanks for the heads up on this! I'll be filling this out next season for sure.

+ Reply to Thread