+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are they having the finale so soon?

Why are they having the finale so soon?

They still have six dancers left. Don't they usually wait til the final 4?

FORT Fogey

Re: Why are they having the finale so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3766185;
    They still have six dancers left. Don't they usually wait til the final 4?
    Yes, but to go one more week would put the finale on Dec 22 and 23 during Christmas week, and
    • I'm sure they wanted to let the dancers go home to their families after being away since late August
    • There would be no time for post-show publicity, talk show appearances, etc.
    • The audience wouldn't be interested with parties, church and school concerts, family functions, shopping, etc.

I hate that there's a F6 this season, but I'll have to deal. In a way, it's appropriate, with there being a final 6 in season 6. I'm expecting them to go back to a F4 this coming summer, so I'll look forward to that.

Since we're on the topic of the finale, does anyone know when they'll release the tour dates? I was unsure if I wanted to go, since I just went to the S5 one (it was amazing, btw), but after watching the season, I definitely want to see some of these dances live. It has been a great season IMO.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I forgot to ask: does anyone know how the finale will be styled? Will everyone be dancing with one another? I was thinking that they would be paired with each member of the opposite sex once, and then there would also be two dances with each gender (one with all 3 guys, one with all 3 girls). And possibly a group routine. But that's just an assumption. If they did the finale this way, we would have:

Ashleigh and Jakob

Ashleigh and Russell

Ashleigh and Ryan (if they get paired, please let them get a ballroom/latin dance--it would be hot!)

Ellenore and Jakob

Ellenore and Russell

Ellenore and Ryan

Kathryn and Jakob

Kathryn and Russell

Kathryn and Ryan

Ashleigh, Ellenore, and Kathryn

Jakob, Russell, and Ryan

Ashleigh, Ellenore, Jakob, Kathryn, Russell, and Ryan

That would be 12 dances. That'd be a lot to fit into 2 hours, but I'm sure the editors can pull it off. They've done it before with the Top12 show, as each of the 6 couples performed twice.

I would actually prefer it this way. I don't want to see them only paired with one person, as it is in other weeks. This is the finale! It should test these dancers. Also, with more couples, there are more dances, which increases the chances of us getting awesome routines in the finale.

ETA: Never mind, I just checked the spoiler thread. They're not doing the gender dances or the group routine, since they only have an hour. I would have wanted a 2-hour finale instead.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 12-11-2009 at 03:05 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3766275;
    Since we're on the topic of the finale, does anyone know when they'll release the tour dates? I was unsure if I wanted to go, since I just went to the S5 one (it was amazing, btw), but after watching the season, I definitely want to see some of these dances live. It has been a great season IMO.
    I too am surprised they have not released any tour dates, or mentioned a tour at all... usually by this time in the season they have mentioned the tour many many times. I've checked the official website, but haven't found anything. Could it be that they are not having a tour this time???? I will be very disappointed if that is the case. I wish I could email Nigel to ask him what's up with the Season 6 tour.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3766317;
    I too am surprised they have not released any tour dates, or mentioned a tour at all... usually by this time in the season they have mentioned the tour many many times. I've checked the official website, but haven't found anything. Could it be that they are not having a tour this time???? I will be very disappointed if that is the case. I wish I could email Nigel to ask him what's up with the Season 6 tour.
    The tour has been mentioned, but you are right, usually by this time the tickets are about to go on sale. Maybe they are having a hard time lining up venues in the spring. Arenas, especially some that are empty in the fall are busy in the spring balancing basketball and hockey.

FORT Fogey

I'm disappointed about the "finals" consisting of 6 - never heard of that before! And an hour show??? I think they're robbing these contestants of this last opportunity they should have for multiple pairings and to show off what they can do. Who cares about a 2-hour finale show? Let's see them for 2 hours on Tuesday and pare Wednesday's show down to an hour! Cut out the fluff, people!!!

A final note, I'd LOVE to see Kathryn paired with Jakob - I think these two are PHENOMENAL and should get to dance together!

Nigel has announced that there will only be couple dances in the finale - all of the gals will dance with all of the guys - but no other group dances.

FORT Fogey

That's a loss - I thought seeing the girls paired and the guys paired really gave a great sense of skill and presence. Last year after the Kayla pimping, Jeannine really ruled the stage. And the Joshua and Twitch dance was great too, and was it Benji and Travis?

They had to cut the guys dance and the gals dance for time, since there are 6 finalists.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast