+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 12/9 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/9 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3765774;
    I have no idea how Benji won when he's so often forgotten when people discuss ballroom dancers. He was one and won. By the way, I try to forget him too. Couldn't stand him, still can't but he sure could dance when paired with Heidi or when he choreographed that number ("West Coast Swing" for Pasha & Sara (Rockefella Skank)).....yowza lol probably one of my favorite routines.

I can't remember what place Heidi and Lacey finished in? Anybody? I could have sworn that Heidi made top 4 as well but can't be positive.
    Heidi was third and Lacey was forth.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Okay I have a huge issue with Ashleigh going to the final, just like I had an issue with Noelle getting a pass simply because....

A few seasons back when Jessi was supposed to dance with Pasha and she got sick and had to go to the emergency room, they did not give her a pass. I mean I didn't care for her as a dancer, but it's still unfair to do that to one dancer and then let other dancers have a pass when they're unable to perform. The judges ended up automatically sending her to the bottom and made her dance for her life where they eliminated her afterward. I really think if there was already a precedent set for it in other shows, they should have followed the same procedure. I bet that if Jessi still follows the show, she's probably feeling extremely bitter and angry right about now.

P.S. - I know a lot of you are going to argue that you can't compare the two seasons, but seriously, I don't think anyone should get a free pass if they haven't given all the other dancers who worked equally as hard a free pass.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3765781;
    Heidi was third and Lacey was forth.
    Thanks!

So Ryan isn't the first and only ballroomer in the final four. Two others before him and then one who won. I knew Benji had won but forgot where Heidi and Lacey placed.

So while he is good at what he does, I wouldn't agree that he is the best ballroom dancer ever on this show. There have been better males and better females who have gone as far if not further.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3765764;
    Yes the waltz and broadway were done very well but those particular routines required no sensuality. Everytime she's had a sultry dance she comes off as a kid dancing in mommy's clothes. She absolutely cannot bring the sexy. Even the can can felt sterile - it had no titillation at all and wasn't that part of the history of that dance?
    Actually, I think she has 'sexy' moments when she dances her solo pieces. It's when she is with a partner she stumbles.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I have no idea how Benji won when he's so often forgotten when people discuss ballroom dancers.
    For some reason, my mind does not connect "West Coast Swing" and "Ballroom"

AND - I can't do this now but I should clarify I was specifically referring to male ballroom dancers. I don't think Ryan is the best ballroom dancer, just that it's nice that that genre isn't completely eclipsed by contemporary dancers.

So while he is good at what he does, I wouldn't agree that he is the best ballroom dancer ever on this show.
    Artem!!
    It's when she is with a partner she stumbles.
    And that's where she should be sexy. Those hips - they do not move side to side in a seductive manner. Noelle had the same problem. Noelle's Samba and Mollee's Salsa were atrocioulsy sexless. Compare to Karen or Kathryn's ChaCha and see the difference!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3765819;
    For some reason, my mind does not connect "West Coast Swing" and "Ballroom"

AND - I can't do this now but I should clarify I was specifically referring to male ballroom dancers. I don't think Ryan is the best ballroom dancer, just that it's nice that that genre isn't completely eclipsed by contemporary dancers.

Artem!! And that's where she should be sexy. Those hips - they do not move side to side in a seductive manner.
    Artem *sighs* Is Carrie Ann over on DWTS still with him? I would have LOVED to see him on that show, too bad he had to go and hook up with a judge. Can we just ditch her so we can have him? Imagine...a show with Maks, Dimitry (spelling?), and Artem! I would die a happy woman.

I think you aren't the only one who doesn't connect WCS with ballroom. I just choose to forget him altogether.

I didn't realize you were referring to males only. Sorry about that.

FORT Fogey

Is this year's format different, and the finale is top 6 rather than top 4? I'm confused...people keep saying the finale??

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

("West Coast Swing" for Pasha & Sara (Rockefella Skank)).....yowza lol probably one of my favorite routines.

I can't remember what place Heidi and Lacey finished in? Anybody? I could have sworn that Heidi made top 4 as well but can't be positive.
    I agree, Pasha & Sara's West Coast Swing is still one of my favorite routines of ALL time.
    Heidi and Lacey both finished 4th.
    In Heidi's season the top 4 were Benji, Travis, Donyelle & Heidi.
    In Lacey's season, top 4 were Sabra, Danny, Neil & Lacey (in that order)

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3765864;
    I agree, Pasha & Sara's West Coast Swing is still one of my favorite routines of ALL time.
    Heidi and Lacey both finished 4th.
    In Heidi's season the top 4 were Benji, Travis, Donyelle & Heidi.
    In Lacey's season, top 4 were Sabra, Danny, Neil & Lacey (in that order)
    Donyelle finished ahead of Heidi? I placed Heidi third without looking it up because I was thinking no way.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I didn't realize you were referring to males only. Sorry about that.
    No apologies necessary. It was my fault for not being more clear (to which the flurry of posts about heidi & lacey can attest ) I always seem to think of male dancers when I think of the ballroomers because it so often seems that the women ballroom dancers can adapt to the other styles a little better.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread