+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 12/9 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/9 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3765361;
    I feel it's disingenuous for the judges to constantly say that Russell doesn't have any dance styles other than krump in his repertoire, because it's just not true. And I love Russell, but to keep touting like he is from the streets and only has street training is not right.
    Why punish Russell for the judges' comments? He made it clear he had trained in other styles.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;3765363;
    Well.....you are definitely entitled to your opinion, but I (and am sure a ton of others) highly beg to differ with that comment. IMO Ashleigh is not even on the same level as Elenore.

Ellenore was in the bottom 2, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;3765367;
    Why punish Russell for the judges' comments? He made it clear he had trained in other styles.

I know ... I'm torn on that. I love Russell ... but to keep touting something that isn't true isn't fair to the other dancers that really do have training in one style only, and do a great job in styles that are truly foreign to them.

I'm fine with Russell winning ... just would like the judges to stop being so impressed when a b-boy or hip hopper dances in a different genre.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3765290;
    I don't think so. Ryan is a good ballroom dancer but not quite up to the same level as Louis, Maks, Tony, Derek and the rest, and also (and again, I'm being mean tonight, sorry) he is a butterface. He doesn't fit in with the rest of the DWTS guys, imho.
    Ryan has a tremendous body that is equal to if not better than Maks' or Dmitry's. He is built better hands down than the rest of the DWTS pros. Now, whether he can dance as well as they is hard to tell. I have not been able to see him dance ballroom with someone whose field is also ballroom in order to try to compare him to the DWTS pros.
    Tonight Ryan had his hair combed down into his face, and for the first time, I thought he was truly very fine looking!
    (IMO unless he is in costume, I think he should skip the slicked back hair).
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3765379;
    I know ... I'm torn on that. I love Russell ... but to keep touting something that isn't true isn't fair to the other dancers that really do have training in one style only, and do a great job in styles that are truly foreign to them.

I'm fine with Russell winning ... just would like the judges to stop being so impressed when a b-boy or hip hopper dances in a different genre.
    This is where my comment last night came from, all I keep hearing is that the guy is basically an untrained street dancer. And, personally, I hate that style of dance. I know there is a discipline to it, but to be honest, I don't see it. Personally, I'd rather see Jakob, Ryan or one of the girls win and not Russell. Nothing against him personally, he seems like a sweetheart, has a beautiful smile but the pimping over the season (or at least what I've seen, and now learned about him) just puts me off and since this is about a favorite dancer as opposed to best dancer, he'll probably win, but I won't vote for him.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3765383;
    Ryan has a tremendous body that is equal to if not better than Maks' or Dmitry's. He is built better hands down than the rest of the DWTS pros. Now, whether he can dance as well as they is hard to tell. I have not been able to see him dance ballroom with someone whose field is also ballroom in order to try to compare him to the DWTS pros.
    Tonight Ryan had his hair combed down into his face, and for the first time, I thought he was truly very fine looking!
    (IMO unless he is in costume, I think he should skip the slicked back hair).
    For some odd reason, I see a little bit of a young Burt Lancaster in Ryan, esp. with the hat he wore last night. I like Ryan's dancing and could see him in DWTS. Will he win SYTYCD, probably not. I'm still happy he made it this far!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

Re: Asheigh

The way I see it, Ashleigh made it to the finals fair and square. She did it the way everyone else did: by audience votes. As a matter of fact, she had the harder task - get people to vote for her even through she wasn't dancing. This is where she reaped the benefit of dancing well all those weeks this season. I especially like the fact that the judges did not insert themselves into the process. They let America decide, which I think was the right thing to do. You may disagree with the way America used their votes - but what else is new? We yak about that all the time.

Re: Mollee

I'm fine with Mollee not making it to the finals, but from the comments over the past two days I get the impression that most people didn't really see Mollee dancing last night - because she was a complete dancer for the first time this season. The waltz was mature, nuanced, and beautiful. The Broadway was perfectly executed and in character. My theory is that people had already made up their minds about her - and they saw the image they had come to dislike - the giddy High School Musical girl. Even when she finally was able to put aside all those things, in many people's minds she was already type-cast. If you have last night's show recorded - go back and look at those numbers. I don't think Kathryn or Noelle could have done them more beautifully.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3765419;

The way I see it, Ashleigh made it to the finals fair and square. She did it the way everyone else did: by audience votes. As a matter of fact, she had the harder task - get people to vote for her even through she wasn't dancing. This is where she reaped the benefit of dancing well all those weeks this season. I especially like the fact that the judges did not insert themselves into the process. They let America decide, which I think was the right thing to do. You may disagree with the way America used their votes - but what else is new? We yak about that all the time.

Re: Mollee

I'm fine with Mollee not making it to the finals, but from the comments over the past two days I get the impression that most people didn't really see Mollee dancing last night - because she was a complete dancer for the first time this season. The waltz was mature, nuanced, and beautiful. The Broadway was perfectly executed and in character. My theory is that people had already made up their minds about her - and they saw the image they had come to dislike - the giddy High School Musical girl. Even when she finally was able to put aside all those things, in many people's minds she was already type-cast. If you have last night's show recorded - go back and look at those numbers. I don't think Kathryn or Noelle could have done them more beautifully.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3765419;

Well said. Some people just don't get REALITY TV sometimes... I did that too sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;3765363;
    Well.....you are definitely entitled to your opinion, but I (and am sure a ton of others) highly beg to differ with that comment. IMO Ashleigh is not even on the same level as Elenore.
    For me, Elenore may have good technique, but she's not memorable. I never remember her performances, unless the choreography was great and her partner did a good job. Ashleigh just has more stage presence. At this point though, it's all splitting hairs. They're all very good and it's not easy to see any of them go.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread