+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I think Katherine is something special, the same way Jeanine and Sabra and Katee were special. They combine fantastic technique with consistency, passion for dance and performance whilst lifting their partner up. Legacy has not been as good without her. She has had some sucky draws, too. Not as bad of luck as Russell but pretty bad luck. Great solo by Katherine tonight. She is really fighting for it, but Russell or Jakob will win (Russell is coming on strong).

I like Katherine, Russell and Jakob for the finals. I'd put Ellenore in there too though she has been inconsistent. Ashleigh really puts her heart into it and has proven consistently versatile. I think both Ryan and Legacy deserve their top ten spot but that it should be the end of the line soon as they have not really been that great outside their own style, save a couple of great choreographies (and great partners).

Mollee is the worst dancer to ever be hyped repeatedly by the judges. Her flexibility and gymnastics aside, she does not finish her movements and her dancing is frequently small rather than extended -- and she makes her partner look weak and not in sync with her. Every week Nathan looked better than her, particularly on rewatch. She seems nice and she is a decent but immature dancer and there is no excuse. Katherine and Noelle are both only a year older than Mollee. I thought both routines with Jakob were boring and I usually find his routines fascinating.

Also didn't love the Travis routine, though I usually like his stuff. It seemed a little contrived and copycat in concept. Like he was reaching for an emmy nod after Dmitri got one last year. I also didn't think they executed as well as I expected the two of them to do, as it looked better in rehearsals. Good but not great. Not as bad as alien hip hop, though, and I usually like Nappytabs.

I really think that Russell is cursed. Two partners injured... Hmm...

I only rooted for Ryan and Jakob for this week... others -- Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar;3764831;
    I think Katherine is something special, the same way Jeanine and Sabra and Katee were special.
    The difference is that Kathryn is a better dancer than those other girls. Her technique is better and she just has a better stage presence. Plus, there's a lightness to her dancing that was missing, particularly with Jeanine, who I never really "got." Frankly, I think both Sabra and Jeanine won on personality (along with Benji). I'd like to see someone win who has both technique and stage presence. There are number of them to choose from this season, which is why I can't decide which two I think are are going home tomorrow.

I'm torn, because I really haven't liked Mollee up to this point, but she danced better than Elenore tonight. Of the guys, I think Legacy should probably go. He's grown a lot, but he's still not on the level of the other three guys. I think Ryan is the strongest partner of the guys, Russell has the most sparkle and Jakob....well, Jakob is the best dancer, period. I really feel for Ashleigh and I hope she doesn't go because I think she deserves to be in the finals. I pegged her and Kathryn as the final two girls.

My hope is that it's either Mollee or Elenore for the girls and Legacy of the guys to go home tomorrow.

You know, if they had online voting like ABC does with DWTS, I might actually vote.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was really behind on this season, but now I am finally all caught up! For a while, I avoided any SYTYCD talk in real life and on FoRT, to avoid spoilers. I missed the SYTYCD forum.

I really do not like that there's a Final6 this season. Getting to the Final4 is a special moment for the contestants, and I've really gotten used to the idea of there being 4 dancers at the end of the season. Plus, I don't really know what you guys think, but personally, I've really been enjoying this season, a lot more than S5. Maybe it's being a little greedy, but I would like two more weeks to watch more dances and more of these dancers.

Tonight's show was a little sad to watch. Ashleigh is my favorite, and it really sucked to see her not dance tonight. I think she blew any chance at winning that she had with her injury. If she somehow makes it through, there are going to be a lot of people who are going to be unhappy that she stayed, since she didn't dance. But then again, you can say the same thing if she were to be eliminated. Remember Jessi's elimination in S3? I remember a lot of people being unhappy when the judges decided to eliminate her. I'm just really curious as to how all of this will turn out. I want her to stay, but at the same time, it would be hard to see one of the other girls go, as they all worked really hard on their dances tonight.

Out of everyone that remains, I wouldn't like to see Russell win. Maybe it's because of the dances that he has been getting. It has been voiced repeatedly that he doesn't have the best luck of the draw. Or maybe it's because I like everyone else more than him. I expect him to make it into the finale, and possibly even win. If he was able to take Noelle into the Top10, then that just shows how many people are voting for him.

ETA: If Ashleigh doesn't make it through, I guess I'd like to see one of the girls win, as I like them all somewhat. Jakob is talented, but he's not someone I'm rooting for. The guy is super good though. I like Legacy somewhat, but I feel that most of his pieces have been tailored a little too much to his style. If they weren't tailored that much, then we would have possibly seem more growth in him. And Ryan is a good partner, but personally, that's all I kind of see.

Oh, and was it just me, or was Adam really annoying tonight?
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 12-09-2009 at 03:54 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I think Jakob is the best dancer, period, followed by Ashleigh and Russsell (tie). Russell will win--write it down. He isn't nearly as amazing as Jakob, but I think he is more of a crowd pleaser, and he has stage presence, sparkle, "it" factor, or whatever you want to call it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3764885;
    I think Jakob is the best dancer, period, followed by Ashleigh and Russsell (tie). Russell will win--write it down. He isn't nearly as amazing as Jakob, but I think he is more of a crowd pleaser, and he has stage presence, sparkle, "it" factor, or whatever you want to call it.
    Talk about crowd pleasing - how about the Santa suit and Teddy bear? Talk about pulling out all the stops! A bit over the top, I think.

To the Point

I think that Jakob is a tremendous dancer. He is incredible. I also think that Kathryn is amazing. She has incredible technique, lines and movement. She has this beautiful quality to her dance. She just is a bit quieter about it somehow. I think she has been very under rated to this point. While I like all they dancer left at this point, I do think these two are at the top. Have they danced together at all? I can't remember but don't think they have. I hope they still have everyone dance with each partner because I'd love to see Jakob and Kathryn dance together...(maybe they already have and I'm just having a lapse).

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3764903;
    Talk about crowd pleasing - how about the Santa suit and Teddy bear? Talk about pulling out all the stops! A bit over the top, I think.
    Exactly...and it wasn't even that good.

As much as I hate to say it, the best solo last night was Mollee with Kathryn a close second.

Jakob's and Legacy's were boring, IMO.

The two I think should go home is Ellenore and Legacy.
    But I don't vote, so.....

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3764903;
    It was a tad over the top, but he's a krumper, so to come out with a solo so sweet...I was smiling through the whole thing... I can't help it, I just love that kid. I busted out laughing when he hit the stage in that santa suit!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast