+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3764703;
    Awww... Ryan! What do you think ladies? That body PLUS he loves his wife so much he's willing to sacrifice his votes for her. Is this the perfect guy, or what?
    He's sweet on his wife::what's wrong with that? Maybe he knows she wants it more than he does. He's pretty close to perfect if this is true.

WOW that Nappytabs routine was awful!

I really would have liked to have seen Ashleigh dance tonight. She would have done great with those two routines.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3764745;
    Free phone call? I thought it was a toll call to vote?
    Nope, it's free.

Very interesting night! Here's where I see people falling:

Boys

Russell - He's top of the heap tonight. What? You're felling sorry for Russell because he lost his partner at the last minute? Get in line! Thousands will be dialing in to support Russell, who had two great dances tonight. I don't begrudge Russell his votes. Her earned them. (Well, he earned a lot of them.)

Legacy - Legacy was blessed by St. Travis this week. One of the best routines of the season. Yes - the hip-hop sucked. But on two performance nights, audiences tend to vote based on the good routines. The bad ones fade from memory. This should work in Legacy's favor. Plus he's got fans.

Jakob - Yes, folks. I think the Russell / Ashliegh drama will drop Jakob down into the danger zone. You see, Jakob didn't have a sick partner or wife, or get a number choreographed by a former SYTYCD contestant who can now mambo on water. All he did was dance well on two good routines.

Ryan - It's so hard to tell how all this sentimental stuff is going to fall out. But I think Ryan is still the one to leave this week. I think. His cha-cha was hot stuff - which kind of puts him in the same situation as Legacy. But I don't think he has the fans Legacy has, and that may do him in.

Girls

Kathryn - As last week, the girls are all really close. But I put Kathryn at the top of the pack. First she had that hot Cha-Cha with Ryan, and she came off better in the Disco than he did. Add points for degree of difficulty since both were outside her style. But the biggest plus is that Noelle is gone - so Kathryn has no competition in the pretty contemporary dancer race.

Ellenore - She did that great Travis number. Lucky break for Ellenore and she pulled it off extremely well. (Then the sucky NappyTabs, but well pretend not to notice that.)

Mollee - Love her or hate her, Mollee has continued to improve. She benefited so much from the Jakob partnership. I was not a huge fan of her waltz, but the Broadway was strong and the character was right on. (OK, dumb blond wasn't that much of an stretch.)

Ashleigh - She has fans and they will vote whether she dances or not because that's what fans are for. She will get some sympathy votes. But I find it difficult to believe that a mass of people will abandon dancers they can see for one they have to imagine. I think tomorrow Ashleigh will be doing her Brando impersonation: "I coulda been a contender!" - along side her husband. (Bring a handkerchief - it's going to be teary night!)
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 12-08-2009 at 11:46 PM.

FORT Fogey

I would love to see Mollee or Elenore go. Elenore has had so many directly related to her style dances, and she always looks sloppy to me. Mollee is a good dancer, but nothing that stands out from any other good dancer, and she is way too perky and immature for me.

Legacy and Russell are great guys, but Legacy has had limited good dances. Russell deserves to be in the finale because he has had to dance three times with teachers or assistants and still pulled off the dances. Legacy could go, and I would be fine.

Ryan and Ashlee are my favorites. They blew me away. Ballroom to other styles is extremly hard. Ballroom has specific posture, hands, arms, etc. I would love to see them make it to the finale.

Jakob is the best dancer by far. He should take this easily, but the best dancer never wins.

Kathryn is fine, but she is also nothing special.

I want to see Ryan, Ashleigh, Jakob in the finals for sure.

FORT Fogey

Ha! Just saw a poll that voted Legacy and Ellenore both the best (Travis Contemporary) and worst (NappyTabs Hip-Hop) performance of the night! I'd say that's about right.

(Although a lot of folks also loved Ryan and Kathryn's Cha-Cha!)

FORT Regular

I'd definitely agree that their nappytabs was the worst, but I felt like the Travis routine was a bit too much like Mandy Moore's (which was much better, imho). Plus, didn't we have another table/business deal type routine already this season? Or am I making that up?

Quote Originally Posted by Momof5Boys;3764805;
    I'd definitely agree that their nappytabs was the worst, but I felt like the Travis routine was a bit too much like Mandy Moore's (which was much better, imho). Plus, didn't we have another table/business deal type routine already this season? Or am I making that up?
    Nope. You aren't making it up. Ryan and Noelle had the hip hop routine by NappyTabs just last week.

I love Kathryn. My favorites are Russel, Kathryn, Ashleigh and Jakob. Legacy and Ryan are on my second tier. The rest can go now.

I will admit that Mollee danced beautifully tonight. I wonder where she'd be if Jakob had been her original partner? She was especially good in the Broadway number they did. But Kathryn and Ash have been consistently good all season. So, IMO, they deserve to be in the finals more.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

It's nice to have a ballroom guy this late into the competition, it makes such a positive difference. Hopefully, we'll see more of that in coming seasons.

As for who will make it to the finale: haven't a clue. This is typically the week for a surprise elimination, and with Ash injured, that makes it even more difficult to predict. Tomorrow will be a very interesting show.

I can't believe that next week is the finals aren't there usually only four people in the final? It feels like they're cutting it shot by a week.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast