+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3764480;
    I spy Kayla in the audience!
    I think Kayla was assisting this week. Maybe Travis?

FORT Fogey

So, what does FORT think of Ryan's blue sequins? Dazzlingly fabulous or fashion mistake?

FORT Fogey

Jakob & Mollee - Viennese Waltz (Jason Gilkison) to Ordinary day

Good solid routine - but as I've said before it's hard to get votes with a waltz. Oh, they just gave Jakob some leaps to spice things up. Mollee was kind of forgettable for me in that.

Adam: So beautiful; great casting, choreographer, and idea. One more week saying one of the best dancers I've ever seen. Loved the last lift and the butterflys.

Mary: Great partnering; made the "pretzel turns" work and great lifts. Mollee is gaining confidence with each routine.

Nigel: Beautifully crafted simplistic routine takes my breath away. Had the constant flow of movement. Fit together like a beautiful jigsaw puzzle.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 12-08-2009 at 08:25 PM.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I wonder if it was Russell that got stuck with the partner that couldn't dance again? It has to be either him or Legacy, and Russell already had that happen with Noelle a few weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3764510;
    I wonder if it was Russell that got stuck with the partner that couldn't dance again? It has to be either him or Legacy, and Russell already had that happen with Noelle a few weeks back.
    It is Russell.

FORT Fogey

Legacy & Ellenore – Contemporary (Travis Wall)

Yes - that's Kayla assisting Travis.

That is one DANGEROUS routine - flipping around on the table. And Legacy jumping over. Great number! I want to see that again! Travis, I think I hear the Emmys calling!

Adam: I love any choreographer who understand how close dancing and murder are. It was like watching home movies of my parents! Maximized the couple to beautiful effect.

Mary: So strong and tailor made for the two of you; the roll up and roll down; the flip over the table; Ellenore was fearless.

Nigel: Loved that it was so dangerous; being pushed that hard. The headstand on the table! Travis has Emmy potential.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 12-08-2009 at 08:38 PM.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3764513;
    It is Russell.
    That sucks. He did ok with Melanie the last time though, it will be interesting to see how they handle it this week.

I didn't really like that Travis routine, and normally I like his stuff. I think it's because it wasn't an original idea, Mr and Mrs. Smith and the table has been done before. Plus, I don't like Legacy (what IS his real name, anyhow?).
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Russell & Ashleigh – Hip Hop (Shane Sparks)

Shane is back! And Russell's got him!! The fact that Ashleigh has been replaced can only work in Russell's favor.

Russell is KILLING this. (Did you have any doubt?) Classic HH; none of the storybook NappyTabs stuff. Loved it!

Adam: Missed Ashleigh doing hip-hop. But Russell was smokin'. Great performance level, energy.

Mary: Loves watching Russell; hard hitting; great attacks.

Nigel: Bad night for the romantics in the audience. Props to Rachel for stepping in. Shane didn't compromise; pushed you and you kept up.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 12-08-2009 at 08:51 PM.

OK, I'm just throwing this out, I'm not sure I actually believe it, it just kinda jumped into my brain (scarry, that). Anyway, Russel doesn't have any dance training and I'm wondering if his lack of training leads to injuries, not to himself but to his partners as this is the second time his partner has been injured in rehearsals. Opinions?
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast