+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 12/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3761470;
    Yeah. It seemed last night that Nathan's spirit was pretty much broken, but I was still a bit surprised that he went tonight. I thought it would be Ryan. As good as Ryan is in his partner dances, his solos suck, so I don't think he'll last much longer.
    I was sad that Nathan didn't do better. He's a fantastic dancer! But there are others that I like better, so I guess I'm glad that he's gone instead of them.
    And see I thought his solo was fantastic. It went perfectly with the song. He wasn't just leaping and spinning around like some of the others.....

I'm hoping Russell is the next guy to go simply because I like looking at Ryan and Legacy. Jakob is a given in the finals. The boy has no joints.

For the girls.....I liked Noelle, but I really loved Kathryn's chemistry with Legacy, so I'd like to see her stick around. And she did look angelic in the first routine with Nathan on Tuesday.
    Ellenore is quirky and goofy and I love that about her.
    And I do like Ashleigh. That kiss between her and Ryan last night was HOT. I did the rewind three times!
    Mollee.....meh. She's good but she just looks sooooo young! Like 13 instead of 18, so I sorta feel uncomfortable watching her do some routines. I was glad she didn't get Ryan as a partner because that would have really creeped me out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3761584;
    OMG that is exactly what I was thinking. They look like twins and are so similar in their dancing ability, I find them completely interchangeable. I don't remember another season where they had two dancers who were so similar.

I'm hoping for Jakob and Russell to be the final 2 guys. Not sure who I'm rooting for in the girls... maybe Ashleigh and Elleanor?
    I am new this season to SYTYCD and only came in when there were 12 dancers left, so I haven't had the chance to develop as much of the "favorite" mentality yet as others. In addition, I have watched and board FORT analyzed DWTS, so I thought I would take a stab at what I thought "might" be going on ( I acknowlege right here that I could have the entire wrong end of the stick!)

Elinore appears to have taken the momentum - both the fans' and the judges' favor at the current moment. All of the contestants are talented and skilled, but she has the personality and uniqueness that is setting her apart from the other women. She also has a completely different physical look, and she has been extraorinarily lucky in her paired up partners.

Kathryn and Noelle on stage at elimination looked like sisters. While Kathryn might be a just a little more technically controlled than Noelle, Noelle has more stage personality. When I think of Kathryn, I think of her dancing those intense, dramatic parts. She leaves a very lasting impression, but Noelle's personality will carry her into places that Kathryn's won't.

I'm sorry, folks, but I saw Nigel priming what happened to Nathan last night to happen as I have seen it happen to many contestants by the judges on DWTS on several seasons. Nigel set that up by his very harsh comments a couple of weeks in a row and then tried to cover over it with his comments of "tough love" and helping Nathan with his career when actually cutting Nathan's time short on this show will hurt his career more than to help it.
    On the other hand, Nigel appears to want to push Mollee along.
    Mollee is being coddled by the judges, but they really like Kathryn as shown last night, and of course they recognize the ability, charisma and popularity of Elinor.
    How far does Mollee go? How much do the kids vote?

Russell is so charismatic and versatile. So far there is nothing he can't do, and supposedly he hasn't had any formal lessons?
    This is the format (on DWTS) to go right up there with the finalists.

The judges are high on Legacy, but he showed cracks the other night in his vampire routine. He may have peaked or is getting close.

Jacob is absolutely incredible in style, technique, and even in dramatic presentation - yet someone said the best never wins. He may not win this one, but that kid is going to win big - huge - in the dance world!

Ryan was actually alone and at the top of the voting poll the other night, yet he was in the bottom 4.
    As a ballroom dancer, it is much harder to judge him and his ability than the other guys who dance alone.
    He dances well, of course, and he is certainly very nice upon which to gaze!
    How far do ballroom dancers typically get in this show?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

This season seems kind of flat. They promised the best season yet and honestly, the talent is there. When these guys are given choreography they can actually do something with, it's amazing. The Sonya piece this week, Travis Walls piece and the "meeting in the park" dance with Elinore and Ryan are the ones that come to mind.......But the choreographers are letting these dancers down this season, IMO. And bringing in so many new styles at once is mind boggling. Whatever they are doing, it's not working.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Bloomers - Benji was voted America's Favorite Dancer a few seasons back. He's Lacey's older brother, and a ballroom dancer with a specialty in West Coast Swing. Other ballroom dancers have made it to the top 4 - such as Lacey and Chelsie. I don't think that Ryan or Legacy will make it to the top 4 though, because Russell and Jakob are such strong dancers and have the fans to back them up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3761633;
    Bloomers - Benji was voted America's Favorite Dancer a few seasons back. He's Lacey's older brother, and a ballroom dancer with a specialty in West Coast Swing. Other ballroom dancers have made it to the top 4 - such as Lacey and Chelsie. I don't think that Ryan or Legacy will make it to the top 4 though, because Russell and Jakob are such strong dancers and have the fans to back them up.
    Thanks for answering! Of course, I am very familiar with Lacy and Chelsie - Lacey is the show's semi "rebel", and Chelsie is just a doll baby. I have never seen Benji dance, but I have heard folks discuss him on the DWTS board ( often not very favorably - did he have an attitude?).

Technically, Jacob beats everybody hands down and is the complete package; however, Russell at this particular moment is the one I think you have to watch out for! With supposedly little training in anything but krump, he quite acceptably dances everything else, and he is loaded with charisma.

How much influence do the judges end up having on this show? I know that it isn't supposed to be much, but I know that nevertheless it is considerable on other shows. They do have the power to sway a good many people's opinions by what they think and say. ("herd" mentality)
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3761584;
    I'm hoping for Jakob and Russell to be the final 2 guys. Not sure who I'm rooting for in the girls... maybe Ashleigh and Elleanor?
    ME TOO - Jakob & Russell for sure, and Elleanor and Kathryn or Ashleigh, anyone but Mollee. But the boys are way above the girls overall this year for me

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3761650;
    I have never seen Benji dance, but I have heard folks discuss him on the DWTS board ( often not very favorably - did he have an attitude?).
    Benji was one of those characters that people either love or hate. I thought he was great and I was glad to see him win. He seemed like a genuinely sweet guy and I liked his goofiness. I believe he has been back to choreograph at least once on SYTYCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3761650;
    How much influence do the judges end up having on this show? I know that it isn't supposed to be much, but I know that nevertheless it is considerable on other shows. They do have the power to sway a good many people's opinions by what they think and say. ("herd" mentality)
    The biggest problem I have with the judges on this show is that sometimes their comments can cause a backlash. I think they know this and it effects the honesty of their critiques. If they thought, for example, that Nathan did terribly one week then they might soften their comments because they think if they are too harsh then viewers will think "Oh no, Nathan is in trouble I need to vote for him!" and will all run to the phone. In that case someone who danced really well might not get the votes because people assume that they will be safe and then a top dancer could end up getting sent home. It is really one big mind game.

I have to agree that this season is a bit flat. I'm glad one of the "brunette twins" got sent home because know I don't have to struggle to tell them apart. But I still wish that Mollee had gone. I just shudder to think that she could get paired with Ryan because it would just creep me out completely to watch that. I think Elinore is the best of the girls, but even she isn't really a standout for me for some reason. Jakob and Russell are far and away my fav dancers this season.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3761633;
    Bloomers - Benji was voted America's Favorite Dancer a few seasons back. He's Lacey's older brother, and a ballroom dancer with a specialty in West Coast Swing. Other ballroom dancers have made it to the top 4 - such as Lacey and Chelsie.
    And don't forget Heidi (Lacey & Benji's cousin)! She also made it to the Final 4.
    Didn't Dimitri and Pasha also make it to the Top 10??

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3761620;
    And see I thought his solo was fantastic. It went perfectly with the song. He wasn't just leaping and spinning around like some of the others.....
    *nod* I agree... It's really hard to judge the ballroom dancers when they're dancing solo. Ballroom is all about partnership. When the ballroom dancers choreograph a group routine, each person will have their own partner, unlike contemporary/hip hop, etc which don't need that.

I think Ryan did very well, considering the fact that he has danced solo so many times before this. The routines did seem a bit similar, and yet it's so different too. lol

I'm hoping Russell is the next guy to go simply because I like looking at Ryan and Legacy. Jakob is a given in the finals. The boy has no joints.
    *nod* Out of all the boys, I don't have much care for Russell...

Ellenore is quirky and goofy and I love that about her.
    She is that... the personality somehow could cover up her lack of techniques.

And I do like Ashleigh. That kiss between her and Ryan last night was HOT. I did the rewind three times!
    Agreed! The kiss was intense...

One of the reason why I find this season fascinating. lol. I really wanna see them being partnered up. lol. I hope Ashleigh get better choreographer. No more Dave Scott please!

The part when Cat announced Ryan was in the bottom 2, it breaks my heart to see Ashleigh reaction... and when Ryan was safe, I'm glad the camera show us a bit of their hug... Again, it's heart-wrenching. I love in the end Ryan hugs both Ashleigh and Ellenore... He's a strong man. lol

Mollee.....meh. She's good but she just looks sooooo young! Like 13 instead of 18, so I sorta feel uncomfortable watching her do some routines. I was glad she didn't get Ryan as a partner because that would have really creeped me out.
    The choreographer can make them dance as father/daughter... but when it comes to rumba... YIKES!
    Last edited by kiariclois; 12-03-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brierpatch
    Bloomers - Benji was voted America's Favorite Dancer a few seasons back. He's Lacey's older brother, and a ballroom dancer with a specialty in West Coast Swing. Other ballroom dancers have made it to the top 4 - such as Lacey and Chelsie.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3761678;
    And don't forget Heidi (Lacey & Benji's cousin)! She also made it to the Final 4.
    Didn't Dimitri and Pasha also make it to the Top 10??

Just a little correction. Chelsie didn't make the top 4 she was voted out in the top six. Katee and Courtney made the top 4 that season.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast