+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 12/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3761307;
    Sometimes I think it is not a good thing for a dancer that young to get on the show - having another year or two of training and life experience does wonders for the dance.
    Jeanine was the same age last season. Matter of fact she is still 18.

Is it the judges' decision to eliminate the contestant? Or is it by the votes?

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3761314;
    Jeanine was the same age last season. Matter of fact she is still 18.
    People mature at different ages based on experiences. We can't expect two people to act the same just because they're the same age. Jeanine probably had some tougher breaks in life than Nathan did that forced her to mature. Nathan will grow up a little more after today.

Jeanine looks 25 to me.. hahaha.

Ashleigh is more popular than expected... I hope her routines next week aren't going to be choreographed by crappy choreographers...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3761330;
    Is it the judges' decision to eliminate the contestant? Or is it by the votes?
    From here on out it is exclusively by votes - the judges no longer have a say in the outcome.

As for the age discussion - I agree that it's better to have some life experience before doing the show. And not just for better performance quality; the show is a pressure cooker that can be hard to deal with. Not to mention the fact that there are many thousands of people on the internet dissecting your every facial expression. (Like us! )

Off topic - This is also true for AI - I wish they didn't let 16 year olds try out.

I think Jakob was smart giving himself a year on his own at college before doing the show.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3761380;
    From here on out it is exclusively by votes - the judges no longer have a say in the outcome.

As for the age discussion - I agree that it's better to have some life experience before doing the show. And not just for better performance quality; the show is a pressure cooker that can be hard to deal with. Not to mention the fact that there are many thousands of people on the internet dissecting your every facial expression. (Like us! )

Off topic - This is also true for AI - I wish they didn't let 16 year olds try out.

I think Jakob was smart giving himself a year on his own at college before doing the show.
    I can't agree with this more. For me, its way more about experience rather than age. Jakob was very smart though seeing him and Jeanine would have been bananas.

Yeah. It seemed last night that Nathan's spirit was pretty much broken, but I was still a bit surprised that he went tonight. I thought it would be Ryan. As good as Ryan is in his partner dances, his solos suck, so I don't think he'll last much longer.

I was sad that Nathan didn't do better. He's a fantastic dancer! But there are others that I like better, so I guess I'm glad that he's gone instead of them.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Ok, Snoop is okay and the song was fitting and I loved seeing Dom and Hok but what the heck was up with the three girls during that performance? They didn't do anything that I couldn't have gotten up there and done. The guys were rocking it and the girls were club dancing.

I can't believe Kathryn was in the bottom two. I think she's fantastic. She's my favorite gal this season. Noelle is a great dancer but she doesn't have that spark I see in Kathryn. Did anyone else notice Russels mom stand up in support when Noelle got voted out? They panned to her, then to her own family. So sweet.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3761302;
    Noelle and Kathryn are standing right next to each other and I still don't know one from the other.
    OMG that is exactly what I was thinking. They look like twins and are so similar in their dancing ability, I find them completely interchangeable. I don't remember another season where they had two dancers who were so similar.

I'm hoping for Jakob and Russell to be the final 2 guys. Not sure who I'm rooting for in the girls... maybe Ashleigh and Elleanor?
    Last edited by jmb; 12-03-2009 at 08:22 AM.

To the Point

I don't vote...takes way more energy than I'm willing to commit...however, I didn't want either of the two girls gone. I would have put Mollee and Ashleigh in the bottom but that's not even a real slam on them, they just are my least favorite, and I think that's as much based on personality as dance. I like both Kathryn and Noelle. They both have great lines and technique. I admit that neither of these two are a Jakob for the girls, but honestly, I don't think any of the girls are. While Ellanore is quirky, she's really not any more memorable for me than the others. I think all of the dances were pretty good this week and nobody really did poorly.

I actually loved watching Nathan dance his solo last night. The boy has mad talent, he just doesn't seem to do as well when partnering. I don't know if maturity will help that or if he's just a better soloist, however, the boy doesn't lack for talent.

I think that Ryan has shown some real weaknesses in the past few weeks. I will not be at all surprised to see him eliminated next. He's a great dancer but some styles are not as strong.

Russell and Mollee were actually a great pairing.

I don't think there were any real "stinkers" in this Top 10 so I think I'd have been okay with anyone being in the bottom except Jakob. That boy is way beyond the rest in talent overall. He is truly gifted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast