+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 12/1 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/1 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3760826;
    I feel like Mollee looks very awkward in heels. It seems like she can't even walk in them. It is very distracting when watching her dance.
    I agree. When she's not wearing heels, her flow of movement is much better. She teeters and isn't sure footed. Maybe she needs to be wearing them all the time so she feels more comfy in them. She did dance a lot better last night, though. I wonder how she would do paired with Jakob...or even Ryan.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3760465;
    Legacy and Ashleigh: Contemporary Ė Gary Stuart

Wow - it's like an action-packed video game. Cool ending with Legacy on his head. These two are panting hard after that.

Nigel: Gary requires dancers to defy gravity - almost an impossible style to do. For the time you had - very good.
    Mary: Incredible ending; constant leaping off each other; so many great moments. Congratulations - a fight to the finish.
    Adam: There was no fear and the best ending of any number.
    This was okay. Choreorgraphy wasn't that good imo. Yes, it was very physical, strenous but I didn't enjoy it.

Well the choreo got a little better after my post last night at about halfway through. I loved Sonya's routine for Jakob and Elinore, it was by far my fav of the evening. Surprisingly I found myself really enjoying Russell and Molly's jive and I thought it was going to be a disaster. I agree that Molly seems uncomfortable in heels.

I thought Legacy and Ashleigh really got the short end of the choreography stick. The first Prodigy routine was not good. I don't care if it was physically strenuous, it was disjointed and awkward. Too much setup...trick...pose...setup for next move. And that vampire routine...Ack! It was terrible! The choreography was not good and the costume on Legacy was really REALLY distracting. When he tried to look sinister it just looked creepy and sleazy to me. I also didn't think they made a good pair. I know it is a new match, but it didn't seem like Ashleigh trusted him like she trusted Jakob.

I still think Molly needs time to mature, I hope she is the one to go tonight. For the guys either Nathan or Ryan can go home.

Is it just me or do Noelle and Katherine seem completely interchangeable to anyone else? They look similar and their styles are the same. When they have their makeup done I have to look hard to figure out which one I am watching. Maybe it's just me...
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 12-02-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3760910;
    Well the choreo got a little better after my post last night at about halfway through. I loved Sonya's routine for Jakob and Elinore, it was by far my fav of the evening. Surprisingly I found myself really enjoying Russell and Molly's jive and I thought it was going to be a disaster. I agree that Molly seems uncomfortable in heels.

I still think Molly needs time to mature, I hope she is the one to go tonight. For the guys either Nathan or Ryan can go home.

Is it just me or do Noelle and Katherine seem completely interchangeable to anyone else? They look similar and their styles are the same. When they have their makeup done I have to look hard to figure out which one I am watching. Maybe it's just me...
    I agree with the immaturity, but it aggravates me that the judges make excuses for it. Jeanine was 18 and 2 weeks when she auditioned last year and she carried herself like an adult. Also, most of this cast is 18 or 19. Only like 7 of the top 20 were over 20.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Anyone know what Mia is doing this year?? I would think she would be back choreographing this year, hoping for another Emmy nomination. (Not that I really miss her, I'm just curious).

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that everyone but Russell got two dance recaps at the end of the show for voting purposes?
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3760934;
    Anyone know what Mia is doing this year?? I would think she would be back choreographing this year, hoping for another Emmy nomination. (Not that I really miss her, I'm just curious).
    She resigned from the U.S. version of SYTYCD. She is working on other countries versions and other projects. Potentially a Mia only dance show.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3760949;
    She resigned from the U.S. version of SYTYCD. She is working on other countries versions and other projects. Potentially a Mia only dance show.
    That makes me sad. I did notice her absence and was wondering about it last night. While I did not love every routine she did, I liked a number of them and I DO miss her choreography - especially after some of the blah contemporary we have seen this year.

I strongly believe that all flow-y style contemporary for the rest of the season should be choreographed by Travis Wall!!!

Only An Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3760817;
    TOPCAT DC I sooo agree with your rating of the dancers thus far. I too find Mollee improving but still not at the level of some of the others, she "performs" well, but never seems to flow or fit the music...I was looking forward to Nathan this season and he was one of my favs at the beginning, however he is needs a bit more "seasoning" to hold up with the rest of the guys this season.

I agree with the Noelle and Kathryn comparison, I think that they are "forgettable" whereas Ellenore is the "quirky" one that in itself stands out...

I agree also with TopCatDC. Each rating is pretty much right on. Thumbs up

FORT Fan

I am so glad that the judges finally aimed some criticism at the choreographers last night. A couple of the dances were awful, especially that vampire thing and the rumba. I felt sorry for the dancers who had to dance those.

Unlike most people here, I have always liked Mollee. I would never have pictured her with Russell, but I thought they did a great job with both of their dances. The only couple who were better were Ellinore and Jakob, of course.

Of the girls, I have really grown to like Ashleigh, and I hope that the crappy choreography she got doesn't take her out of the competition. I loved watching her do the Cha Cha. For some reason I'm not crazy about Ellinore, but there's no denying she's a good dancer - and she's unique. Like others, I find Kathryn and Noelle pretty much interchangeable in terms of dancing, but for some reason I like Noelle better (in fairness, this is probably because she was Russell's partner). I hope Kathryn is the one to go.

Of the guys, obviously Jakob is fantastic. I absolutely love Russell (although he's scary when he Krumps!). Any of the other 3 could probably go, for me. Although Legacy is a better dancer than I originally gave him credit for, I still am not crazy about him. Nathan is not that impressive. And while I like Ryan, I don't think he has the versatility to make it to the finals.

I don't want to take anything away from Ellinore and Jakob in that contemporary, because they were fantastic. But I also thought that they got very lucky, especially considering the BAD luck some dancers had with choreography and costumes. Great choreography, great music, two contemporary (OK, Ellinore is jazz, but it's not much different) dancers in a contemporary routine - it's like the stars were all aligned for them.

+ Reply to Thread