+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/25 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/25 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3757841;
    I think that she might have never thought that being sexy could be a bad thing, until Nigel kinda pointed that out. lol. Her solo was really bad...
    Nigel mentioned tonight that it looked like Karen had given up with her solo this week. But I think she's looked that way for a couple weeks now. She just looks really sad and like she's doing everything to hold back the tears. I don't know if it's things going on in her personal life affecting her (i.e. her divorce) or if she just takes criticism really personally. But I agree with Nigel that it's like she gave up. Not only this week but last week too.

FORT Fogey

I'm disappointed in last night's eliminations. I would have much rather seen Mollee go home than Karen. Karen is a much better dancer than Mollee.

I think Nigel needs to announce he's going to take the Top 12 on tour this time, with Karen and Victor as subs.

Honestly, I don't really care about either Karen or Mollee... but I am really shock to see Ryan and Ellenore in the bottom 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3757842;
    Nigel mentioned tonight that it looked like Karen had given up with her solo this week. But I think she's looked that way for a couple weeks now. She just looks really sad and like she's doing everything to hold back the tears. I don't know if it's things going on in her personal life affecting her (i.e. her divorce) or if she just takes criticism really personally. But I agree with Nigel that it's like she gave up. Not only this week but last week too.
    True... She's been down for a couple of weeks. I dunno if the divorce affected her. I mean, why would she think about that during the time she should be worried about being in the show that would help her career? The footage of her practicing didn't show any sad reaction that would indicate the fact that the failed marriage affected her greatly, or she's VERY good at covering it... I dunno...

I really want to see "when" Ashleigh & Ryan will "accidently on purpose" pull each others name out of a hat and draw a Latin Ballroom routine!

I am hoping they won't plant something so obvious, but you know that they will pull each other as partners, I"m guessing sooner than later if either one of them starts to fall in the bottom 3 the first couple of weeks without getting voted off. I think they really like Ashleigh and if she is dancing well they will want to keep her around, I think they seen to favour her and Eleanore right now, judging from their comments.
    Also,hey know that would be an INSTANT ratings boost, not to mention a fantastic number to have on tour. Also I don't think they've ever had a Ballroom male dancer that can do the other styles as well as Ryan can (didn't Nigel say that last week?).

Because you know it would be:
    1. very well danced
    2. chemistry city
    3. a judges fave
    4. sentimental fan fave
    I agree with whomever said it above that I don't think Ryan and Eleanore have been in the bottom 3 the past couple of weeks because of Ryan. Adam I think said it best that Eleanore takes on the characters of every dance so amazingly well that the audience never connects with "the real her" and thus I think doesn't even notice how outstanding her dancing is. I'm hoping maybe with different partners they can bring something else out of her because I think she is great, but the other girls have more personality and spark.
    Last edited by Taddy77; 11-27-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taddy77;3758301;
    [*]chemistry city

----Adam I think said it best that Eleanore takes on the characters of every dance so amazingly well that the audience never connects with "the real her" and thus I think doesn't even notice how outstanding her dancing is. ...
    Rather than quote your whole post, just picked out the couple of points I wanted to comment on. Hope that's ok.

I'm not so sure that Ryan/Ashleigh will have tons of chemistry. We've seen them dancing together before and there was ZERO chemistry. I think they both get too nervous and worried when dancing with the other and it affects their chemistry. No longer is it just about them but now they are worrying about their spouse and it seems to ruin their connection somehow (totally my interjection but the only thing I can come up with to explain the lack of connection/chemistry when we saw them dancing together during the audition).

Ellenore was one of my favorite girls going into this but not anymore. She lost me somewhere along the way and has been replaced by Kathryn. Ellenore seems to have a really hard time connecting with the dance, her partner, and the audience. I remember when they used to accuse Danny of dancing disconnected and I never saw it. I see it with Ellenore. She's technically brilliant but there is not connection and if she doesn't figure out how to lower that wall, block, whatever it is stopping her from making a connection? She will be one of the first gone once she doesn't have Ryan and his muscles carrying her along.

Sorry to all you Ellenore fans, I think she's a lovely dancer and beautiful girl but I have to agree that it's not because of Ryan that they keep hitting the bottom 3. She's just not all that memorable when compared to the other girls who have managed to make themselves stand out good or bad (Mollllleeeee!).

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Ellenore has also lost me a bit. And Katherine is up there on my ladies list.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3758411;
    I'm not so sure that Ryan/Ashleigh will have tons of chemistry. We've seen them dancing together before and there was ZERO chemistry. I think they both get too nervous and worried when dancing with the other and it affects their chemistry. No longer is it just about them but now they are worrying about their spouse and it seems to ruin their connection somehow (totally my interjection but the only thing I can come up with to explain the lack of connection/chemistry when we saw them dancing together during the audition).
    From the way I've seen it. Their first audition didn't really show their chemistry because Ashleigh was being very fake, which is why I initially hate her whilst Ryan was being the complete opposite. I dunno... when I looked at her face that one time, I really think she was trying the hardest (not successfully) to impress the judges and to show the chemistry they're talking about in their video footage, and ended up killing every bit of chemistry they could have had. Her dancing was very good, but the face expression might be a distraction (she was all over the judges)... When it comes to ballroom dancing, it was about the two dancers connection with each other, not about pleasing others...

I really hope that's the case... Otherwise, things could get very ugly when fate decided to make them dancing with each other...

I've never seen husband/wife dancers lacking when it comes to chemistry before...

Ellenore was one of my favorite girls going into this but not anymore. She lost me somewhere along the way and has been replaced by Kathryn. Ellenore seems to have a really hard time connecting with the dance, her partner, and the audience. I remember when they used to accuse Danny of dancing disconnected and I never saw it. I see it with Ellenore. She's technically brilliant but there is not connection and if she doesn't figure out how to lower that wall, block, whatever it is stopping her from making a connection? She will be one of the first gone once she doesn't have Ryan and his muscles carrying her along.

Sorry to all you Ellenore fans, I think she's a lovely dancer and beautiful girl but I have to agree that it's not because of Ryan that they keep hitting the bottom 3. She's just not all that memorable when compared to the other girls who have managed to make themselves stand out good or bad (Mollllleeeee!).
    Actually, I agree with you. She was my favorite during the Las Vegas week, but not anymore... When she dances or do stuff, all I can see is her doing things just for her

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3758411;
    Actually if you look at online polls, Ellenore is the most popular girl remaining and Ryan is the least popular guy remaining. The guys carry most of the voting power in this show because of the voting demographic (teenage girls) so that's why they've been landing in the bottom 3 (Ryan not being popular enough). You guys will see next week when Ryan goes home with Ellenore not even in the bottom.

edit: just to add some numbers from 2 polls on sites which I think is representative of the voting demographic on who their favorite girl and guy is:

1) SYTYCDism - Guys: Jakob 47%, Legacy 18%, Russ 16%, Nathan 10%, Ryan 6%, Victor 3% .... Girls: Ellenore 38%, Kathryn 28%, Ashleigh 18%, Noelle 8%, Mollee 5%, Karen 3%

2) idolforums - Guys: Jakob 46%, Nathan 23%, Legacy 17%, Russ 9%, Ryan 5% ... Girls: Ellenore 38%, Kathryn 35%, Ashleigh 11%, Mollee 10%, Noelle 6%
    Last edited by superfly; 11-28-2009 at 04:00 AM.

Which polls? Do all SYTYCD viewers vote on those polls? lol.

This reminds me of what happen during American Idol 8... Adam Lambert winning so many online polls and yet, he loses to Kris Allen.
    Last edited by kiariclois; 11-28-2009 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3758575;
    Which polls? Do all SYTYCD viewers vote on those polls? lol.

This reminds me of what happen during American Idol 8... Adam Lambert winning so many online polls and yet, he loses to Kris Allen.
    Yeah I'm with you on this one. I don't put much stock in online polls since the online/forum communities only represent a tiny little microcosm of the viewing/voting audience.

I find it hard to believe that Ellenore is the most popular, I think it's either Kathryn or Ashleigh but I'm really afraid that it's Molleeeee since she is so dosh garn sweet and cute and that appeals to many people and then there is the power of the tween vote.

Either way, it will be very interesting to see who winds up in the B3 now that the partnerships are being torn apart and who the judges favor (easily figured out by who gets who as a partner and what dances and the inappropriate tongue baths/lashings). I'm always a little excited by that this time in the season, to see if my favorites have a snowballs chance of actually winning lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast