+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/25 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: 11/25 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;3757632;
    Karen??? You call that a dance for your life? Really? She's probably out.

Victor -Did a lot of flailing about but he at least showed intensity, passion and technique.

Mollee- She too was flailing about almost wildly but she stayed in control for the most part. I swore she was about to corner up and do a roundhouse, back handspring, whip back, ending with a back tuck and pose. However, that last move was really interesting.

Nathan-He was okay. I can say as a young teen he can drum up those teen girls and he doesn't have to do much. He's just suave. Aloof and shallow maybe but he has that teen rock star appeal.

Ellenore-See she did it again...she dances clunky, heavy and loses her technique mid-dance. She can perform (she makes me smile) but that dropping her form irritates me. She's in because she can emote to the audience

Ryan-I like Ryan. He brings a certain maturity that everyone else lacks. He's manly. The rest are boys. He may be out just because he is OLDER.
    I agree, Karen dropped the ball there. I think Mollee was going for super fast energy, one of her strengths. With Ellenore, she has a personal style that I believe she calls "lockerina", which is definitely different, and maybe that is what you are seeing as not quite right?

Victor can dance, no question there. He just doesn't connect with the audience, there is something kind of distant about him. I still think Nathan is skating by. He is cute and he can dance, but often he just doesn't put his all into it, and he didn't in that solo. Ryan is still growing on me, he did fine for a ballroom solo.

Nathan is kind of arrogant. I'm sure the decision was based on ticket sales $$$
    Victor is a better dancer than Nathan to me. But, Victor is humble. So, perhaps that is why I prefer him over Nathan even though I was never really a Victor fan.

But, now everyone will be chopped to pieces since the producers have a potential cash cow..

Russell-krump
    Legacy-bboy
    Ryan-ballroom
    Nathan-teen heart throb
    Jakob-contemporary/jazz

Ashleigh-Jakob was a plus for her...can she stand on her own?
    Mollee-cutesy Cindy Brady gymnast type
    Ellenore-performer with unique style
    Kathryn-diamond in the rough...will she be noticed more? She started to get my attention.
    (I'm missing someone and that's not a good sign)

Ack! Noelle-some say she skated by on Russell's coattails...will she develop her own draw?

I disagree with the judges tonight. I think Victor and Karen both should have stayed. I would have preferred to see Nathan and Ellenore leave tonight. My teenage daughter disagreed with me and is all about Nathan. Victor really brought it tonight and I wanted to see what else he could do with another partner.

I really thought that Victor should have stayed over Nathan as well, but I knew they wanted to keep Mollee and Nathan for the tour to appeal to the tweens. Marketing 101.

FORT Regular

I don't find Nathan arrogant in the least. I think he's a little reserved which often can be mistaken for arrogance.

I don't think he and Mollee were a good pairing. She is so rough around the edges, has no musicality, partner awareness and her transitions are atrocious. Hard for me to see how the producers expected these two to help each other mature as partners.

I hope Nathan gets paired with Kathryn next week and they knock one out of the park. Nathan has the makings of an extraordinary dancer. I really have liked him a lot in group routines and his solo tonight was well danced and interesting.

Could Shakira's dress have been any shorter? Jeez, why bother with clothing at all

Mollee has good solos. I think the right people left...it was a hard decision. :/

FORT Fogey

Just saw the show. First of all, what a tacky opening number. Hated the costumes; HATED the stage and background and lighting. In group numbers like this it's apparent that Jakob is performing in a whole other universe above the rest of the dancers. Doesn't mean he won't get booted by the audience half way to the finale, BTW.

I have to say I was shocked (as I'm sure the judges were, as well) that it was Mollee, Karen, and Ellenore in the bottom. I would have guessed that those were the three girls assured of a place in the Top 10. Kathryn and Noelle haven't made that much of an impression and would surely have been auf'ed if they had fallen into the bottom.

What happened to Karen? She looked unstoppable in the first couple of weeks. Then after she hit the bottom three for the first time (after the Nathan / Mollee / Nigel debacle), she seemed to loose her way. Maybe she got the message that being the hot girl was hurting her chances so she tried to tone it down and just faded into the background.

Victor was no surprise. It was his week to go. Yes, he's danced very well and he'll be the perfect "swing" for the tour because he can pick up any style. But all the remaining guys have big telegenic personalties - Victor can't compete.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3757783;

I have to say I was shocked (as I'm sure the judges were, as well) that it was Mollee, Karen, and Ellenore in the bottom. I would have guessed that those were the three girls assured of a place in the Top 10. Kathryn and Noelle haven't made that much of an impression and would surely have been auf'ed if they had fallen into the bottom.
    It's amazing what different people see. I wasn't shocked, I thought those were the three that deserved to be there. I've never been impressed with Karen. Still don't see what the fuss was about. I caught maybe a glimpse of it in her Tango last night, but that's the only time.

Elinore....I've wanted to like her and she's had some amazing moments, but for me, it's her expression when she dances. She was too blah during the Lindy hop and I caught a couple of mistakes. She looked clunky (as someone else has mentioned) during most of that dance. Then she turned around and was wonderful in her second routine. I don't see her lasting much longer. I hate to say it, but they aren't in the bottom 3 so often because of Ryan. That said, Mollee should still go before her. And maybe Noelle. She doesn't impress me and I think she is holding Russel back. He outshines her in every dance.

Kathryn on the other hand...I think she is the second best of the girls. I hated her at the beginning of the season and now I adore her. I want to see her dance with Jakob.

It'll be interesting to see Legacy dance with other partners. He's surprised me so far, maybe he'll continue to do so.

I really really want to see Russel do a Sonja piece.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3757789;
    And maybe Noelle. She doesn't impress me and I think she is holding Russel back. He outshines her in every dance.

Kathryn on the other hand...I think she is the second best of the girls. I hated her at the beginning of the season and now I adore her. I want to see her dance with Jakob.
    I thought Noelle without a doubt outshined him in the contemporary piece this week. Her lines and quality of movement were flawless. But more than that, I thought Noelle was emotionally connected to the dance, unlike Russell. His dancing was great (aside from the little fall), but I think it was pretty easy to tell which one was the contemporary dancer.

Kathryn is one of my favorites this season, but I haven't been that impressed with her in her own genre. In both Mandy's routine in the intro show and Wade's group dance last week, I thought Noelle out-danced her. It's easier to tell in those situations, because they were dancing side by side, doing the same choreography. But I also was a little disappointed with Kathryn in her contemporary with Legacy and she was my favorite girl at the time. I did think she looked better in Sonya's routine this week though. I'm real curious to see her solo next week. I think her and Ashleigh are the only two people in the Top 10 we haven't seen one from?

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3757783;
    In group numbers like this it's apparent that Jakob is performing in a whole other universe above the rest of the dancers. Doesn't mean he won't get booted by the audience half way to the finale, BTW.
    I disagree. I think the group dances are always better than most of the couple dances. One thing for sure, this season's contestants are very good at working with each other and I could never compare one to another because they all "moved as one"... This Alice in the Wonderland routine really gave me the chills.

Speaking about Jakob -- I still don't get the overly pressed Jakob love... It's like the whole Brandon love in the previous season; it's getting really annoying... I love Jakob, and I think he might be the reason why him and Ashleigh are always safe; but I don't think he's always perfect.

What happened to Karen? She looked unstoppable in the first couple of weeks. Then after she hit the bottom three for the first time (after the Nathan / Mollee / Nigel debacle), she seemed to loose her way. Maybe she got the message that being the hot girl was hurting her chances so she tried to tone it down and just faded into the background.
    I think that she might have never thought that being sexy could be a bad thing, until Nigel kinda pointed that out. lol. Her solo was really bad...

I'm really looking forward for next week new partnership. I wonder who will get Jakob as partner? and how Ashleigh survive without him. I'm eager to see if she can do well without him... Same goes to Ryan and Ellenore. These two are my favorite couples so far...
    Last edited by kiariclois; 11-26-2009 at 03:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast