+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 11/24 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/24 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I thought the show tonight was really good. Nobody was really terrible except for that CanCan. Yikes. It seemed choppy and they looked unsure at times.

I'm ready to lose Mollee. I want to see Russel dance with Kathryn.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Ryan and Ellenore's Razzle Dazzle routine was fantastic! I felt like I was watching Broadway! I truly enjoy Ellenore's ability to perform and technically execute EVERY single dance.

Sonya really went all out with her choreography... I love both her routines, especially the Lyrical Jazz. I really don't get why people would assume that Jakob taught Ashleigh... hmm... I never really see how she had to struggle to be in Jakob's "league". I thought she was as good as Jakob. Not her fault that she didn't get all the complicated technical movements. Anyways... Their lyrical jazz was fantastic. Their facial expressions made me cry.. and their movement was amazing. Jakob's lift was effortless, and Ashleigh's lines were fantastic. This is probably Sonya's best work yet.

FORT Regular

I don't think Kathryn & Legacy will be in the bottom three either. I meant that I personally would put them in the B3, based solely on their dances last night. I really enjoy both of them, but of the dances last night, they had too many weaknesses.

I love watching Noelle & Russell too. I think Noelle is terrific, unlike many here. But I don't know if they were strong enough last night, dance-wise. (And I have NO dance experience. I'm just basing that on my opinion.)

Mollee and Nathan deserve to be in the B3. In fact, I'm going to say they should be in the B3 more than Kathryn&Legacy and more than Noelle & Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3757042;
    No, it's three still.

I don't think Kathryn & Legacy will be in the B3 at all. They have a pretty big fanbase. Not to mention, the tears always garner some extra votes.
    Noelle & Russell might be in the B3, but they might not. They had one of the highlight routines of the night and it was also one of the last routines of the night, so it'll still be in people's minds when they're deciding who to vote for. Also, they had what IMO is the most boring dance style of all last week, the foxtrot. And didn't end up in the B3.
    Ryan & Ellenore had 2 good routines tonight, but neither were really standout dances at the end of the night, IMO. And they've been in the B3 before.

I think the B3 will be Karen/Victor, Ryan/Ellenore and Nathan/Mollee. But I think that the only two "sure things" are Karen/Victor being in the B3 and Kathryn/Legacy not. Nothing outside of that would truly shock me.

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3757151;
    . This is probably Sonya's best work yet.
    I agree. I didn't think she could top 'The Garden' but she did.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I missed the dancing last night because I trusted this thread.

It's wrong.

SYTYCD is NOT on Wednesdays and Thursdays....but Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Is it going to change or has this thread always been wrong about it's times?

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

This season, I find myself agreeing with the judges way more than with FORT posters.

There's still a lot of commentary here about Ashleigh not being up to par - the judges are saying the opposite and I agree with them. I think Jakob, who of course is an exceptionally strong dancer, is lucky to have a partner who has proven she is up to the challenge of matching his strength & skill. I can't think of another female dancer who could do that for him, and shine herself as a result. A lesser dancer would require "dumbing down" of his abilities.

There's still a lot of commentary that Legacy is being choreographed around - I see that of course in things like hip hop and jazz numbers. But not in the ballroom or contemporary numbers at all. And his shortcomings when doing these sorts of dances are being pointed out by the judges, too. And, I think fairly, his strengths in doing these non-own-style dances has been great. My favoritism has to be earned, and he's doing so every week.

I thought Katherine was the strong point in both the jazz and waltz - and I'm a bigger Legacy fan. So that's saying a lot that my eye went to her instead of to him.

(Am I alone in being not super-impressed with Sonya's numbers this year? I loved her number with Mark & Courtney (in the Garden) in season 4. Since then, I've been very "meh" about her and I am personally disappointed and wondering is it her, is it me? I just was NOT moved by the Jakob/Ashleigh piece, and though I love quirky AND Legacy and Katherine, I just really wasn't particularly wowed by that routine, either.)

At this point, the results show has also aired, and I agree totally with the decision to lop off Viktor and Karen. I think Vicktor was a victim of bad partnering from the start. Though I liked Bianca, she wasn't super-strong in her dances, and I just never liked Channing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3757932;
    (Am I alone in being not super-impressed with Sonya's numbers this year? I loved her number with Mark & Courtney (in the Garden) in season 4. Since then, I've been very "meh" about her and I am personally disappointed and wondering is it her, is it me? I just was NOT moved by the Jakob/Ashleigh piece, and though I love quirky AND Legacy and Katherine, I just really wasn't particularly wowed by that routine, either.)
    I love all her work. Though, the first group dance she choreographed for this season was not good. I mean the Ellenore/Pauline/Mollee "sexy" Jazz routine. I dunno... I suppose it would be good if it weren't for the silly tutu; it kills the routine (not in a good way).

I love Jakob/Ashleigh performance to that dance. They're sooo good. I love the contentment shown through their faces.

Is it just me, or did you find Ashleigh and Jakob too sweet for words? I was like "awww" the whole time the footage shows them talking about what they're gonna miss about their partner. I giggled when Jakob let out an "aaah" when Ashleigh hugs him from behind and "aweing" again when he said, "ooh... don't leave me."

I really think they're super sweet. Seriously, I thought the partnership is gonna be weird, but it's absolutely the opposite.

And I just re-watched the show again. I never noticed that Ashleigh was crying when the judges praised her... Awww... and again, they're sooo sweet. lol
    Last edited by kiariclois; 11-26-2009 at 01:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678