+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I liked Jakob/Ashleigh, Russell/Noelle, Ryan/Ellenore (best dance of the night for me too), and Legacy/Katherine.

That blackbird dance didn't do it for me. The dancers didn't remind me of blackbirds at all and the actual dance didn't seem like Broadway at all.

I didn't like Mollee & Nathan either. They really seem like competition kids just doing the moves.

Karen and Kevin are destined for the bottom 3 for sure but I wish a different girl would go home. I like Karen better than several of the other girls.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I think the judges backed off on Mollee and Nathan this week so that some of the voters would be lulled into complacency, and allow them to possibly hit the bottom 3.
    I wonder if the judges will have saved Karen and Kevin this week, by saying they were the worst... I hope so, or I hope that their solos will allow them to stay (especially Karen). There are a number of the girls that I would rather see go home (Noelle, Katherine & Channing? are all pretty vanilla to me).
    Since this is the Top 14 this week, it is a REALLY bad week for anyone to get kicked off... the Top 12 (Top 10 plus 2 alternates) will be going on tour. I want Karen to make the tour so I'm really rooting for her this week.

FORT Fogey

I am having a hard time this season enjoying the contestants. I think they all seem pretty vanilla to me. Jacob is far and above the best dancer. His lines and grace are amazing. I think that Ashleigh lucked out getting him as a partner, and I think it will make her a greatly improved dancer from where she started. Ryan is the only other one that I watch mainly because I just think him and his wife are adorable together, and I cannot help rooting for them.

To the Point

In past seasons I have always felt that there was one dancer that was just head and shoulders above the rest, but I think Jakob is probably the best technician and performer by a long shot. There have been those that have been technically amazing but somehow just didn't quite shine like Jakob. I could watch this guy dance pretty much every dance...just let him do most of the routines.

Don't get me wrong, there are others I really like, but he is just so incredible in what he brings to a dance.

Jakob is by far my favorite, with Russell second. Of the girls, I think I like Ashleigh (even though I wasn't too keen on her in Vegas), and the rest all blend together. Kind of a meh season so far. And please, send Nathan and Mollee back to pre-school...too much like kids playing dress-up.

I rewatched Nathan and Mollee, and she is really bringing him down. He has far more crispness and dedication to his movement than she does (and her hair in her face is distracting). I think this is true most every week. In Bollywood and even the stinker routine last week (where he is cheesy but totally dedicated to the movement), I noticed this. She is a good technician and she may be devoted to the dance, but she does not add any personality or dedication to the movement in the dance. Her movement is sloppy and she has not had one star moment, including the introducing the top 20. Watch Nathan get much better when the couples break up and he gets an awesome girl like Kathryn, Ellenore or even Ashleigh. (Though he doesn't seem particularly mature at the moment, his movement and technique is excellent nearly always).

Loving Jakob, Ellenore, and Kathryn (and Nathan and Legacy) -- top 4 should come from these unless Russell gets lucky and steps it up. Used to really like Russell but he needs some good material very badly -- worst luck of the draw this season. Ashleigh really has delivered every week, even if noticeably not as good as Jakob (but who could be?).

My favorite routines of the night was Ellenore/Ryan, Jakob/Ashleigh, Kathryn/Legacy. Everyone knows that Kevin is going home tonight and it really could be Karen, Channing or Noelle (Channing if she ends up in the bottom 3 but they seriously might not). I'd send Kevin and Channing home, and Mollee and probably Victor next week. Then, Noelle and whoever does best out of Russell/Ryan/Legacy/Nathan (i.e., anybody but Jakob).

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3752600;
    Oh thank God I'm not the only one. I hated that damn dance. Ade and Melissa danced it beautifully, but the choreo just wasn't all that. Tyce only did it so he could say on national tv that he has a friend who has it...once again bringing the attention to himself instead of to the dancers. He is an annoying little twit.

Overall, I think everyone did a respectable job, except Kevin and Karen. I haven't really liked them much from the start and still can't figure out what all the fuss is about. If they go, I won't be saddened.

I thought Mollee and Nathans dance was pretty good. I liked it. I think they both would have benefitted more by being with more mature partners. Say for instance, Mollee with Ryan... Then they'd at least have someone to feed off of.

Best dance of the night IMO was Ryan and Elinore. I will give props to Ashleigh for her facial expressions during her dance...she really got into the part, but that dance reminded me too much of Chelsea and Mark's hip hop number to Bleeding Love. There were a lot of the same moves in it.
    I pretty much agree with everything you said. That cancer dance was not anywhere near all that great, even though Melissa and Ade danced it very well.

And, though I ragged on Mollee a bit in my previous post, I do think she (as well as Nathan) would do better with someone more mature and dedicated like Ryan.

The Ryan/Ellenore dance and the Jakob/Ashleigh dances were fantastic enough to be on a best of season showing. The funny thing is the chemistry with these couples is amazing as well, even though Ryan and Ashleigh are married (and apparently truly dedicated to each other).

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar;3752761;
    I rewatched Nathan and Mollee, and she is really bringing him down. He has far more crispness and dedication to his movement than she does (and her hair in her face is distracting). I think this is true most every week. In Bollywood and even the stinker routine last week (where he is cheesy but totally dedicated to the movement), I noticed this. She is a good technician and she may be devoted to the dance, but she does not add any personality or dedication to the movement in the dance. Her movement is sloppy and she has not had one star moment, including the introducing the top 20. Watch Nathan get much better when the couples break up and he gets an awesome girl like Kathryn, Ellenore or even Ashleigh. (Though he doesn't seem particularly mature at the moment, his movement and technique is excellent nearly always).
    I agree...I think the problem with these two being partners, is their YOUTH..and ENERGY..the same things they have been praised for. Watching them is like watching chaos in motion, they are all over, and it is their youth and immaturity that is going to be their downfall unless they get split apart...

My favorite routines of the night were Ellenore/Ryan, Jakob/Ashleigh, Kathryn/Legacy.
    I agree with this statement as well, surprising (for me) is that I am liking Legacy & Ashleigh. I was not thrilled with either in Vergas and felt Legacy was WAY WAY over-rated, but I find myself in awe of his dancing each week.

I felt that Ashleigh got "in" because of Ryan and being a "pretty face", but I must say that she too has truly stepped up the "talent".

My favorites of the night are:

Ashleigh/Jakob
    Ellenore/Ryan
    Kathryn/Legacy

The chemistry these three couple had was amazing. First I thought Ashleigh won't have good chemistry with Jakob, but color me surprise; they're actually great together, and their journey was... interesting. First, like Jakob said -- Ashleigh seduce him, then they got married, then they're fighting... and now... he's cheating on her. I found myself giggling over their interesting and interconnected journey. lol. I really don't get the overly praise Jakob get; don't get me wrong. I thought he was really amazing, but I don't quite see him being better than Ashleigh or that she was under the shadow of her partner. I think Ashleigh really is up there with him. She stopped dancing for 6 years before, and I never thought that she could dance well. lol.

I found myself feeling proud seeing Kathryn and Legacy dance to the Paso. Not perfect, but they did a respectable job, really.

I don't care about Karen at all. She lost her mojo, when she dance to a non-sexy dance eh...

In the mountains waiting for the snow to arrive

Can I just say I really hate this stage. It kind of overwhelms the pairs as they dance. The smaller studio was a much nicer set up to be able. as a TV fan, view the dancers and focus on them, not the might I say, ugly set. I believe it would make the dancers shine more at the start if they didn't have such an overwhelming set.
    Faith grows from little seeds of Hope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast