+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Ryan needs to do a number with all his buttons buttoned. Geez.

Just one.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3752455;
    So, are you saying that you disagree with the judges opinion of Legacy (i.e. you don't think he's that great)? And / or are you saying that regardless of Legacy's talent, you feel like the judges are trying to change the audience's opinion of Legacy?
    A bit of both really. They are the experts, I am not, which is why I say "to my eyes", but since I don't see him as one of the stronger dancers, I feel they are really pushing him on the audience.

Loved this one. I have been a big fan of Ellenore from the start, but was unsure about Ryan, he is definately growing on me though. Also, yay for Travis!

edit: It's nice to see the judges really praising Ellenore finally, they have mostly glossed over her, or not mentioned her at all before.
    Last edited by StarryElf; 11-17-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3752456;
    I think he is good enough and has a better personality than most of the guys this season. He is my number two, Jakob is numero uno
    Jakob is my number one, also.

FORT Fogey

Nathan & Mollee – Pop Jazz – Laurieann Gibson to Bad Romance

They showed us the "kiddie" versions of Mollee and Nathan in video clips. He-he. Can Laurieann whip them into shape? Pretty good - a definite change of pace here. But I'm not completely buying this either. I give them an "A" for effort, because I can see how hard they are working.

Nigel: You have the talent to be a really great professional. You are one of the most talented people, because you have got to grow.
    (Nigel is still ragging on Nathan. And trying to justify his ranting last week.)
    Mary: The dream team is back! Mollee hitting all the quirky moves. No chills, but it was really good.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 11-17-2009 at 09:55 PM.

Nathan and Mollee, better than last week, but they still just seem so very young (and they are). I don't know that they can pull off the more grown-up numbers. It's not their dancing, that's fine, they are talented, it's the overload of cute.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3752558;
    Nathan and Mollee, better than last week, but they still just seem so very young (and they are). I don't know that they can pull off the more grown-up numbers. It's not their dancing, that's fine, they are talented, it's the overload of cute.
    Tonight I had a serious problem with their performance and I was really surprised that the judges gave them such good reviews. Compared to last week it was okay, but overall...not so much. I thought that routine had the potential to be really cool and edgy and I just did not think they executed it very well. It looked like a series of moves, but did not feel like a complete performance to me. I did not see any chemistry between the two of them. I just found myself wishing that a different couple was performing it. I think they need more experience.

The only ones that got me to pick up the phone tonight were Ashleigh & Jakob and Russell & Noelle. Surprising because Ashleigh was by far my least favorite girl coming into this show. I'm starting to wish that they would shake up the couples already...

ETA - Back after reading some other posts. I'm surprised people didn't like the Russell/Noelle foxtrot. I thought it was really cute and well executed. That Tyce Blackbird routine was awful. The birdcage struck me as too literal and the dance seemed like a wanna-be Wade Robson or Sonja routine. Booooo Tyce.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 11-17-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3752565;
    ETA - Back after reading some other posts. I'm surprised people didn't like the Russell/Noelle foxtrot. I thought it was really cute and well executed. That Tyce Blackbird routine was awful. The birdcage struck me as too literal and the dance seemed like a wanna-be Wade Robson or Sonja routine. Booooo Tyce.
    I am not a fan of Tyce. His ego is way too large. I think the cancer dance did me in.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by KofferMum;3752479;
    Ryan needs to do a number with all his buttons buttoned. Geez.

Just one.
    He did, last week, with the krump dance, and he ended up in the bottom three!

Karen and Kevin are obvious candidates for the bottom three this week, and I'm afraid Noelle and Russell will join them (although I really enjoyed their dance) but I have no clue who will be the third pair. Victor and Channing, maybe?
    Last edited by Momof5Boys; 11-17-2009 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3752572;
    I am not a fan of Tyce. His ego is way too large. I think the cancer dance did me in.
    Oh thank God I'm not the only one. I hated that damn dance. Ade and Melissa danced it beautifully, but the choreo just wasn't all that. Tyce only did it so he could say on national tv that he has a friend who has it...once again bringing the attention to himself instead of to the dancers. He is an annoying little twit.

Overall, I think everyone did a respectable job, except Kevin and Karen. I haven't really liked them much from the start and still can't figure out what all the fuss is about. If they go, I won't be saddened.

I thought Mollee and Nathans dance was pretty good. I liked it. I think they both would have benefitted more by being with more mature partners. Say for instance, Mollee with Ryan... Then they'd at least have someone to feed off of.

Best dance of the night IMO was Ryan and Elinore. I will give props to Ashleigh for her facial expressions during her dance...she really got into the part, but that dance reminded me too much of Chelsea and Mark's hip hop number to Bleeding Love. There were a lot of the same moves in it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast