Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/11 Results Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/11 Results Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3748834;
    Great point!..you take the two youngest dancers and partner them; then criticize them because they dance with abundant, bouncy energy...I think that as the youngest dancers they should have partnered with the older dancers to see if they could "mature"...I am sure if they end in the botoom 3 at some point the judges will send one of them packing!
    If the producers partner the two youngest dancers, criticize them for bounce and energy, and then follow it up with the criticism that they will get the votes of the fans their own age (or younger) - actions with results that the producers don't like - then who didn't use common sense and should get the blame?

I rarely use this word, however, for effect....duh!
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3748811;
    I understood what Nigel was saying, but I really felt bad for those on the receiving end! Is he comparing the end of season 5 and the top dancers to the beginning of season 6? Most of the dancers dramatically improve over the season. He is the one who touted season 6 as the best, that was his fault, not theirs if he has to bactrack. He should have said they have the best potential, not they were the best dancers ever.
    This is exactly what I was thinking last night. I'm sure the solos that were done at this stage last season were similarly weak. By the time Ade and Brandon were doing solos, they were well into the top 10 (unless I'm remembering wrong).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3748796;
    There is no way that Karen and Kevin deserved to be in the bottom 3 this week.
    I agree. Their problem wasn't their dancing. It was
    1. Mollee and Nathan have fans to protect them.
    2. Kevin and Karen danced first.

At this point in the season, with so many routines, dancing first is the killer spot. The memory fades by the end of the show. Not so much an issue for dancers with a developing fan base, but deadly for people still trying to make an impression.

But never fear, the judges will guard Karen and deliver her into the Top 10. Kevin, on the other hand, is going to have to work his tail off to get that fifth guys spot.

And Nathan, previously a shoo-in for the Top 10 now has Nigel gunning for him unless he does some serious groveling. But everyone loves a come-back story, so he may soon be restored to (repentant) golden child status.

Premium Member

I agree when Nathan mouthed off at Nigel last night, he went down several notches in Nigel's books. He better hope he picks up the pace, or the fans save him each week, otherwise I see his butt leaving especially if he is up against someone that Nigel likes more which is at least 4 other guys at this point.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Sometimes I get the impression from the judges that they get a little sorry about some of the people they picked for the top 20 and wish they had chosen someone else instead.

Who is John Galt?

I didn't see the results show, but I think the two who are gone are the right two. They really didn't do a very good job on their dance (I've seen that style done better on Dancing with the Stars). Granted Mollee and Nathan should have been in the bottom three instead of Karen and Kevin (she's terrific, he's just so-so and has no personality), but the fans like the kids so they voted for them. Nigel saying that about Nathan was totally inappropriate, but then when has Nigel ever been worried about insulting dancers (it's his show and he can say what he thinks). Nathan and Mollee better step it up and get serious. Being cute won't get you the win, you have to back it up with good performances.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3749082;
    Sometimes I get the impression from the judges that they get a little sorry about some of the people they picked for the top 20 and wish they had chosen someone else instead.

I agree. I think they are seeing what a potential train wreck the top 10 could be. There won't be enough variety, experience, or growth among the likely dancers to pull off a great tour.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Not surprised that Pauline was sent home. But super sad that Phillip is gone. I think he had a LOT of potential and could have gone far and really impressed us. I know I sound like a broken record, but I really don't like this season. I'm really disappointed.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

^^ don't you mean Peter?

Hmm... Agreed with the bottom 3.

As much as I love Ellenore and Ryan, their hip hop was not good. I winced every now and then... Not cool. But their partnership was really good. They're there for each other...

Pauline and Peter... I dunno... They're like a ghost to me. I don't really pay attention to them, and their dance this week wasn't strong, and Pauline's dress wasn't helping much.

And I hate Karen, really. I hate her personality and also, when she dances, she seems to dance solo, when she's supposed to dance as a duo. She's not good in partnership; I noticed that ever since she danced with her ex-husband during audition. Also, she tends to act somewhat like a wild animal (as the judges implied too many times since the audition). I just don't like that...

So yah, I don't really have any objection about the bottom 3.

As for Nathan and Mollee... They've danced disco and bollywood the past two weeks, which I doubt the judges can point out the mistake if there were any... and their recent dance, was not good to me. It was really bad... But Nigel's harshness was really unnecessary. I dunno what's wrong with Mr. Nigel Lythgoe here... Maybe he's not taking all to well the fact that so many people thought the stage sucks. lol. He's like a teacher punishing everybody for one student mistake. :S

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I forgot to mention that I adored the opening group number - the African piece. Very fun. I could watch that over & over.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast