Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/11 Results Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

To the Point

Re: 11/11 Results Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I think Nigel was more upset by Nathan's attitude than anything else. One of the things that they constantly harp on is growth and it's really hard to grow if you aren't learning. I think from what Nigel said he interpreted Nathan's words and attitude last night as an indication that Nathan really wasn't learning anything and therefore wasn't really growing. Face it, he was a partner in a dreadful routine. In reality, purely from a dancing point of view, Nathan and Mollee should have been B3, thus the feeling that tonight there was an upset.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3748735;
    I think Nigel was more upset by Nathan's attitude than anything else. One of the things that they constantly harp on is growth and it's really hard to grow if you aren't learning. I think from what Nigel said he interpreted Nathan's words and attitude last night as an indication that Nathan really wasn't learning anything and therefore wasn't really growing. Face it, he was a partner in a dreadful routine. In reality, purely from a dancing point of view, Nathan and Mollee should have been B3, thus the feeling that tonight there was an upset.
    But I don't think Nathan & Molly was what all his bitchiness was about tonight. Because I thought he was pretty rude to the dancers about their solos as well and even to the audience.

And what was with him saying that none of those solos compared to the ones last season? Sure, none of them were outstanding. But there were a couple good ones. And there were a lot of less than spectacular solos last season as well.

And I can understand him using Ade as an example of a good soloist last season. But Kayla?! Really, Nigel??

To the Point

Didn't say it was all, but I do believe it played into it. However, I should have been more specific in that I was really speaking to why he was so harsh with Nathan specifically. And yes, last season there were plenty of less than spectacular solos, as there are every season. Maybe they are sensitive to the fact that they really pushed this group as being super fantastic. Perhaps they are feeling as if they might have done a bit of over-hyping of the talent. Who knows?!

I am simply and seriously getting a Kanye blaming Taylor swift because Beyonce did win vibe.

So Nathan wasn't brilliant last night in no way should he or would he have gone home even if he had landed in the bottom 3- in fact I am very sure the out come would have been the same if not worse had Nathan and Mollee taken a bottom 3 spot.

FORT Fogey

Who wants to take bets that tonight Nathan and Mollee will "randomly" draw Russian Folk Dance for next week?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3748784;
    Who wants to take bets that tonight Nathan and Mollee will "randomly" draw Russian Folk Dance for next week?
    LOL!!!!

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

There is no way that Karen and Kevin deserved to be in the bottom 3 this week. Their dancing every week has been rock solid.
    What I don't like about the voting right now is that voting is based on the COUPLE. Therefore, if a poor/weak dancer gets paired with an awesome dancer, the poor dancer can get along on their partner's wave of popularity. I would rather vote for individuals.
    LOVED the Alvin Ailey dancers. They were amazingly good. Granted, they had lots of time to practice, and were dancing in their own style, but they were just beautiful to watch.

FORT Fan

I understood what Nigel was saying, but I really felt bad for those on the receiving end! Is he comparing the end of season 5 and the top dancers to the beginning of season 6? Most of the dancers dramatically improve over the season. He is the one who touted season 6 as the best, that was his fault, not theirs if he has to bactrack. He should have said they have the best potential, not they were the best dancers ever.

I don't think there is anything wrong with having a style that doesn't suit your style. It doesn't make you a stinky dancer.

The truth is Mollee and her partner are 18, and to be called out like that takes a lot of maturity to not just breakdown and cry on stage. I could tell Mollee felt awkward. When he asked them if they felt comfortable and Nathan said he felt hot, I could tell Mollee was about to agree with Nigel.

And I really hate comparisons to previous dancers. Deal with what is this season. No one wants to be compared to a memory of someone's best dances.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3748811;
    I understood what Nigel was saying, but I really felt bad for those on the receiving end! Is he comparing the end of season 5 and the top dancers to the beginning of season 6? Most of the dancers dramatically improve over the season. He is the one who touted season 6 as the best, that was his fault, not theirs if he has to bactrack. He should have said they have the best potential, not they were the best dancers ever.

I don't think there is anything wrong with having a style that doesn't suit your style. It doesn't make you a stinky dancer.

The truth is Mollee and her partner are 18, and to be called out like that takes a lot of maturity to not just breakdown and cry on stage. I could tell Mollee felt awkward. When he asked them if they felt comfortable and Nathan said he felt hot, I could tell Mollee was about to agree with Nigel.

And I really hate comparisons to previous dancers. Deal with what is this season. No one wants to be compared to a memory of someone's best dances.

Well said! The thing that ticked me off the most was the fact that according to the judges, Mollee and Nathan were fantastic the first two weeks. They could't stop gushing over them. Then they have one bad dance and they flayed them for it. He was just so harsh about it.

As for the solo's, I didn't think they were that bad. I've definitely seen worse.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3748728;
    AMEN! Nathan is one of my favorites, because I love his dancing. I think he got the shaft when they partnered him with Molly. JMO.
    Great point!..you take the two youngest dancers and partner them; then criticize them because they dance with abundant, bouncy energy...I think that as the youngest dancers they should have partnered with the older dancers to see if they could "mature"...I am sure if they end in the botoom 3 at some point the judges will send one of them packing!

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast