Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/11 Results Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/11 Results Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3748619;
    IMO the guy that should have gone home tonight was either Nathan or Victor.
    I'm sure the judges wish they still had the power now.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3748619;
    I agreed with him! And I thought he was right to put that out there because it's the truth.

Sad to see Peter go because I liked his charisma. He also went up a few notches in my book when his PI talked about helping the special needs people with dance and choreo for their show.

IMO the guy that should have gone home tonight was either Nathan or Victor.

I really like Peter too, and loved his clip with the special needs dancers.

I think Nigel would have liked Victor in the bottom 3 because of what he said last night ... that in his own style, he was good, but not brilliant, and other dancers last night were brilliant in a style not their own.

They knew Nathan would get votes, and Adam said so last night when he said they were fan favorites.

FORT Fogey

The bottom line is that neither of these dancers (Peter, Pauline) were going into the Top 10.

As sad as I am to see Peter leave, the competition among the guys is too tough. Jakob, Russell, Ryan, Legacy, and ... who? Kevin? Nathan? Only one of those two will make it. Peter never had a shot and neither does Victor.

Meh, this kind of upset happens almost every season, even moreso on AI. Not sure why people are still shocked about it or why Nigel feels the need to give a little speech. Nathan won't win, (and I doubt Peter would have either) so it's not really necessary.

FORT Fanatic

Yeah, lectures from Mr. Lithgow go over like a lead balloon. It just makes the kids that vote for Nathan more resolved. Maybe that's the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3748628;
    The bottom line is that neither of these dancers (Peter, Pauline) were going into the Top 10.

As sad as I am to see Peter leave, the competition among the guys is too tough. Jakob, Russell, Ryan, Legacy, and ... who? Kevin? Nathan? Only one of those two will make it. Peter never had a shot and neither does Victor.

I know Peter didn't have a shot, just would have liked to have seen him on my screen longer.

Contemporary dancers always have the edge on this show ... as well as the street dancers because the judges go so gaga over the fact they can dance other dances.

Was it you who posted upthread about Russell's dance background? Yet, to hear it from the judges, you would think he never danced anything but krump ... although I do love him.

I wasn't surprised to see Pauline go, but I was not happy that Mollee & Nathan were not in the bottom 3. I find her just too girly and young to really pull off any dance with an adult theme. Kind of reminds of those 2 kids that danced on "America's Got Talent"---cute but just a parody of the real thing.

Nigel is such a hypocrite just last week or the week before he was going on and on about how Nathan and Mollee were so "cute" that they are the "dream team" and the "heartthrobs". He's just pissed that he doesnt have control of what happens anymore. The show was the ones that hyped up Nathan and put him on a pedestal NOT America. They showed Nathans audition last season to hype up season 6. His rant was total non sense and uncalled for IMO. He made it seem like the only reason that Nathan is in the competiton is because of his looks when really America has only voted for a week. If they really wanted Nathan and Mollee off the show they had plenty of time to do it the past two weeks but like America they choose to keep them safe. Nathan and Mollee had two strong weeks and one of week I am sure their fans voted for them because they know that they are capable of so much more than they showed last night. Thats what happens on every competition show if you had an outstanding week on AI and the next week you come back and arent so great the fans will vote to keep them safe. Nigel is just pissed because he doesnt get to call the shots anymore they say "America's" favorite dance that doesnt mean overall best dancer it means their favorite dancer so Nigel shouldnt go on rants telling America how they should vote. All he accomplished tonight was pissing off Nathan's fanbase and that is going to make them vote even harder now because they feel if he is in the bottom Nigel will send him home
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fogey

The thing that bugs me about the Nathan backlash is that it is really skewed out of proportion. What did he do? He danced brilliantly two weeks in a row (as well as all through auditions), and then messed up his first Latin ballroom. This does not suddenly make him public enemy #1. I mean, it's not his fault girls think he's cute. I think it's completely unfair for Nigel to suddenly parlay that into some kind of personal failing just because he's pissed off at the way the vote went. No matter how the vote went, Nathan is still a strong lyrical dancer and he's still just 18. I say to Nigel, man up and stop blaming the kid. And be smart and lay off insulting the young fans you have been courting for years.

[Ha! Truelovealways, were were writing almost the same thing at the same time!]
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 11-11-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3748724;
    The thing that bugs me about the Nathan backlash is that it is really skewed out of proportion. What did he do? He danced brilliantly two weeks in a row (as well as all through auditions), and then messed up his first Latin ballroom. This does not suddenly make him public enemy #1. I mean, it's not his fault girls think he's cute. I think it's completely unfair for Nigel to suddenly parlay that into some kind of personal failing just because he's pissed off at the way the vote went. No matter how the vote went, Nathan is still a strong lyrical dancer and he's still just 18. I say to Nigel, man up and stop blaming the kid. And be smart and lay off insulting the young fans you have been courting for years.

[Ha! Truelovealways, were were writing the almost the same thing at the same time!]
    AMEN! Nathan is one of my favorites, because I love his dancing. I think he got the shaft when they partnered him with Molly. JMO.

I don't get why everyone is saying tonight was an upset. The only couple I was surprised to see in the bottom were Karen and Kevin (although, I don't think either of them is as awesome as the judges make them out to be). I think the right two went home.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast