+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I think even if Mollee and Nathan are in the b3 (as they should be I love them but that dance was just bad) I dont think they will go home because. 1) They danced really good the other 2 weeks. 2) I think the judges see how much potential they could have. and 3)they know that they are fan fave. I think the b3 might be Channing/Victor Ryan/Elenoree and Peter/Pauline with C/V going home
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fogey

Several things are affecting me this season, and it's not the dancers - having the show up against the Biggest Loser vs. being on Wednesdays... being in the fall when I don't watch as much of the auditions because of new shows... AND the main thing was not "having" to watch the first 2 shows because the JUDGES wouldn't let us vote... and we knew they'd get rid of an interesting dancer with personality (Bianca) for a contemporary dancer who looks the part (Noelle).

Sometimes I dont' really get into the season until we have gotten rid of a few couples... and I must say I DON'T miss Mia.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3747773;
    Overall, I'm not impressed with this season. Mia Michaels said in Hollywood that this was going to be the best group yet....I'm not seeing it. After seasons with dancers like Sabra, Travis, Joshua, Katee, Chelsea, Brandon, Jeanette, Jeanine, etc....this cast, so far, doesn't blow any of them out of the water. For me, at least.

Kevin/Karen: I do not see what the big deal is with this girl. She's not that good. She has yet to impress me. When she dances, I'm always drawn to Kevin.

Jakob/Ashleigh: It was good. Not fabulous, but it was good. Jakob is great. He hasn't wowed me yet but he has the potential.

Peter/Pauline: I'm really disappointed. I thought Pauline was going to be much stronger than she is. I didn't like their dance at all.

Legacy/Kathryn: Didn't like either of them in the beginning, but they are growing on me. He outdanced her tonight but it wasn't as good as their previous dances.

Victor/Channing: This would have been perfect if she was lighter on her feet. I really like Victor and hope at some point he gets a partner he can shine with.

Ryan/Ellenore: This dance was terrible. The choreo, the dancing....I didn't care for it at all and I usually love the hip hop stuff. I like them both. I can't for the life of me figure out why the judges basically ignore her. Maybe they caught on to us after pimping Kayla last year that we don't like to have their favorites thrown in our faces. Maybe they are using reverse psych on us...

Nathan/Mollee: I've liked them so far and Nathan is one of my favorite guys but this dance was just horrible.

Russell/Noelle: Best dance of the night. Hands down. They were both great, but I find myself watching Russell more.
    Great breakdown of last nights show. I totally agree with your assessments. They saved the best for last thats for sure. I hope that their saying Russell will be there until the end, doesn't ruin it for him. He's definitely my favorite.

Speaking of Mia......has anything come out to say why she left the show?
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fanatic

It was interesting because in some ways it felt like the Canadian version of SYTYCD- canada last night.

Gustavo Vargas, Sean Cheeseman and Stacey Tookie are all from north of the border and provided some good choreo for the Canadian version this season. In Particular, Sean... his Afro Jazz pieces are a thing of beauty and while I enjoyed last evening's piece, he's done some really stunning work prior to it, so I think he's going to be amazing to watch.

I couldn't help but compare the Vargos Salsa choreographed last night and the one he did for the Canadian champ and runner up, Tara Jean and Vincent.. when it goes right it can sizzle.

YouTube - Tara-Jean & Vincent - Salsa
    I don't know why Mia Michaels left the American show, but she will be doing the upcoming Canadian version, season 3.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 11-11-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Nvm
    Last edited by Fierce Critter; 11-11-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Spoke too soon

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Can anyone explain to me what makes a "hustle" any different than any random mix of typical disco moves?

Anyway, I was bored with it.

I don't agree with the dissing of Ashleigh here. I thought she did great, and I liked the cane number very much. This is, by the way, the 2nd 80's tune Mandy Moore used for a prop number - the table dance was done to the Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams".

I liked the story associated with the quick step this time. I really enjoyed it.

Loved the broadway routine, but particularly from Legacy, and agreed with the judges all the way.

Legacy is now, hands down, my favorite. Russel a close 2nd.

Quemoni: "I find those round arc things that look like grids from a broken globe more distracting than the flashy screen. Ugh."
    I totally agree! Exactly my thoughts last night.

The first time I liked Channing last night. But I wasn't wowed by the routine.

Ugh. I didn't like anything about that hip hop routine, from the choreography to the dancing to the costumes. I don't usually like much by Lil C, though.

TOTALLY unimpressed with that salsa. I was hoping to buy Mollee as sexy, but it just didn't go that way.

TopCatDC: "Nathan blew off the criticism at the end and said he thought it was hot. That youthful exuberance may come back to haunt him tomorrow if he ends up in the bottom and the judges that he just dissed have to decide his fate."
    I totally took him as being sarcastic here - I think he was well aware the routine was lame, but making light of the situation.

Hmm... I was surprised to find myself not hating Noelle in that routine. She did well enough that it made the sting of her being kept over one of my favorites, Bianca. Loved the routine.

FORT Fanatic

Well the Salsa routine was very rough, no question about it, bad transitions, bad syncronicity, but for me, that kid Nathan had the caliente feel. He was much stronger than Molly in terms of the overall progression of the dance,it seemed Molly had a tough time dancing in heels... but yeah...it came off as lame because it was so rough... I think it just needed a lot more practise.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3747831;
    Is it just me or is the choreography just not as good as it use to be? Is it the dancers? All the new choreographers? I don't know...but I've felt this since last season. Even the better routines don't live up to some from Season 3 & 4. I miss it.
    ITA. The only dance that even stands out for me last season was the Cancer one. Otherwise, a big snooze fest. This year so far the same. I think the problem is a mixture of the dancers just not standing out and the choreographers that aren't coming up with some WOW dances. Maybe, we have just become too immune to these dance routines and nothing impresses us anymore!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3748133;
    ITA. The only dance that even stands out for me last season was the Cancer one. Otherwise, a big snooze fest. This year so far the same. I think the problem is a mixture of the dancers just not standing out and the choreographers that aren't coming up with some WOW dances. Maybe, we have just become too immune to these dance routines and nothing impresses us anymore!
    That may be part of it. But I also think that the choreographers are trying TOO hard to get an emmy. And it just lacks that actual real emotion that there use to be. I also just don't like any of the new choreographers yet...plus...there is WAY too many of them!! I barely recognized any from last night!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3748135;
    That may be part of it. But I also think that the choreographers are trying TOO hard to get an emmy. And it just lacks that actual real emotion that there use to be. I also just don't like any of the new choreographers yet...plus...there is WAY too many of them!! I barely recognized any from last night!
    I kind of quit watching regularly a couple seasons ago. I couldn't stand the lighting effects last season. But what I've noticed this season is that it feels like the same old stuff with different people standing in. I don't know who any of these dancers are and you could swap them out with each other and I would never notice.

But I think it's a matter of it just being the same as all the other seasons choreography wise and dance wise for me.

+ Reply to Thread