+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Premium Member

Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I bet Kathryn and Legacy might fill out the bottom 3.

Overall, I'm not impressed with this season. Mia Michaels said in Hollywood that this was going to be the best group yet....I'm not seeing it. After seasons with dancers like Sabra, Travis, Joshua, Katee, Chelsea, Brandon, Jeanette, Jeanine, etc....this cast, so far, doesn't blow any of them out of the water. For me, at least.

Kevin/Karen: I do not see what the big deal is with this girl. She's not that good. She has yet to impress me. When she dances, I'm always drawn to Kevin.

Jakob/Ashleigh: It was good. Not fabulous, but it was good. Jakob is great. He hasn't wowed me yet but he has the potential.

Peter/Pauline: I'm really disappointed. I thought Pauline was going to be much stronger than she is. I didn't like their dance at all.

Legacy/Kathryn: Didn't like either of them in the beginning, but they are growing on me. He outdanced her tonight but it wasn't as good as their previous dances.

Victor/Channing: This would have been perfect if she was lighter on her feet. I really like Victor and hope at some point he gets a partner he can shine with.

Ryan/Ellenore: This dance was terrible. The choreo, the dancing....I didn't care for it at all and I usually love the hip hop stuff. I like them both. I can't for the life of me figure out why the judges basically ignore her. Maybe they caught on to us after pimping Kayla last year that we don't like to have their favorites thrown in our faces. Maybe they are using reverse psych on us...

Nathan/Mollee: I've liked them so far and Nathan is one of my favorite guys but this dance was just horrible.

Russell/Noelle: Best dance of the night. Hands down. They were both great, but I find myself watching Russell more.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3747722;
    Who do yall think will be in the b3??
    When it comes to the guys, I don't envy the judges choices. Most likely candidates to fall into the bottom are:

Peter
    Nathan
    Victor
    Ryan
    Legacy

Frankly, I'd hate to let any of those guys go at this point. I doubt they would cut Nathan, Ryan, or Legacy. That leaves Peter or Victor. I expect to see both those guys go in the next couple of weeks, so it doesn't matter who leaves when to me. Although if you want to use tonight's performance as the tie-breaker, I would say Victor earned his spot for another week.

On another topic, how great is it to have Andy Blankenbuehler back doing Broadway! He's had two Tony nominations since he was last on SYTYCD. I first saw him ten years ago where he tore up the stage in the cast of Fosse on Broadway. If you want to see him dance, go rent the DVD of that show.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 11-11-2009 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3747773;
    Overall, I'm not impressed with this season. Mia Michaels said in Hollywood that this was going to be the best group yet....I'm not seeing it. After seasons with dancers like Sabra, Travis, Joshua, Katee, Chelsea, Brandon, Jeanette, Jeanine, etc....this cast, so far, doesn't blow any of them out of the water. For me, at least.
    He may not be as technically proficient, but Russell may be the best pure dancer the show has ever had. A krumper doing what he's doing without any formal training is downright amazing. Ellenore is also one of the most unique dancers the show has had (no, she can't krump but who has ever really pulled that off on the show?). Jakob is probably one of the best technical dancers the show has had, although his personality is a bit lacking.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Is it just me or is the choreography just not as good as it use to be? Is it the dancers? All the new choreographers? I don't know...but I've felt this since last season. Even the better routines don't live up to some from Season 3 & 4. I miss it.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3747720;
    T[*]Pauline Ė our lone tap dancer left. She along with Peter did OK on the steps but really excelled in character and performance.
    ]
    Peter is the tap dancer; Pauline's specialty is jazz.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3747865;
    Peter is the tap dancer; Pauline's specialty is jazz.
    Thanks for catching that - you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by superfly;3747791;
    He may not be as technically proficient, but Russell may be the best pure dancer the show has ever had. A krumper doing what he's doing without any formal training is downright amazing.
    I love Russell, but lets put the kibosh on the whole "no formal training" legend. Russell went to high school at the Boston Arts Academy (think Fame) and did four years of dance. According to this Boston Public Schools blog, he's studied Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Tap, African, Repertory, Choreography, and Dance History. So, while he might not have the depth of having studied at a true dance school, he just may have the best breadth of dance experience of anyone up there.

For me, the miracle of Russell is that his specialty truly is Krump - he's amazing at it. Yet, he has this ability to take on just about any other style that's thrown at him. He embodies everything this show is about - being able to do it all.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3747831;
    Is it just me or is the choreography just not as good as it use to be? Is it the dancers? All the new choreographers? I don't know...but I've felt this since last season. Even the better routines don't live up to some from Season 3 & 4. I miss it.
    I made a similar statement watching last night..maybe it is the "new" stage, or perhaps the choreography is lacking that "spark or newness"...but something is certainly off (besides the dancers) I think the new stage is a big too large..the judges constantly talk about "filling the space"..I think they removed some of the ambiance and personable feeling with making the stage larger, some of the dancers (and choreographers are not able to use this space well (at least in my observations)

FORT Regular

I was so disappointed last night, Loved The last performance with Russel . I sure hope he gets to meet up with Lil C this season.. oooohhh

Quote Originally Posted by JayePeso;3747992;
    I was so disappointed last night, Loved The last performance with Russel . I sure hope he gets to meet up with Lil C this season.. oooohhh
    I said the same thing to my husband last night! I could have never seen Lil C again and it would have been too soon, until Russel. Now I want to see that pairing happen.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread