+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Premium Member

Re: 11/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Interesting dance, love Sean Cheesman he has choreographed some amazing routines on SYTYCD Canada.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I enjoyed that more than I thought I would. Good for Noelle for not fading behind Russell.

Frog Prince and Princess Afro Jazz.

I always like the ethnic type dances. I like Russell. He is quirky, strong, cooky and likeable.

She held her own as well.

The best dance and performance of the night.

FORT Fogey

OK, now. Vote vote vote!

888 836-7601 Kevin & Karen
    888 836-7602 Jakob & Ashleigh
    888 836-7603 Peter & Pauline
    888 836-7604 Legacy & Kathryn
    888 836-7605 Victor & Channing
    888 836-7606 Ryan & Ellenore
    888 836-7607 Nathan & Mollee
    888 836-7608 Russell & Noelle

Tomorrow night, results (and a new episode of Glee!)
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 11-10-2009 at 10:58 PM.

Well, this show was blah overall. I enjoyed some performances. Many were cute and entertaining.

I agree the hip hop and salsa routines were the worst. However, the young children probably need to go because I can't bear watching them imitate a dance choreographed for an adult again.

But, I expect the kiddies will vote them safe.

So far my favorites are Russell and Jakob, and I don't have a favorite girl yet. The whole show was just kind of meh.

I just can't get into this season. They just don't live up to season 3, which in my opinion was the best EVER! I don't like the music selections, in seasons past they've used current up to date, chart topping songs that made the performances more interesting. This season is just blah. Maybe it'll get better, but right now I've lost all interest.

FORT Fogey

Tomorrow should be interesting because the two couples that bombed (Ryan/Elenore and Nathan/Mollee) may have enough fans to keep them safe (especially when they perceive that they are in danger). Someone has to be in the bottom - so that means there may be a surprise in the bottom tomorrow.

Here's where everyone stands in my books.

Headed for the Finale:
    • Jakob – Last week he was out of his element in the waltz, so he was merely very good. This week he’s back to spectacular form in the “Cane Dance”. At this point his unparalleled technique is just a given; but it’s his character and performance that impressed.
    • Karen – Still a star doing the Hustle, she should have no problem making the Top 10, if not the finale.
    • Russell – He’s the krumper who can do it all, and every week he proves it as he did this week with the afro-jazz. I still expect to see him in the finale.

Sure to be on Tour:
    • Kevin – A good hustle; he’s giving consistently good performances and should make Top 10. He’s still overshadowed somewhat by partner, Karen.
    • Legacy – As Nigel said, every week he’s growing. He owned the Broadway routine. His back handspring into the chair was spectacular. Definitely on the road to the Top 10.
    • Ashleigh – She refuses to let Jakob walk away with the routines, which is no small feat. Still heading for the Top 10.
    • Ryan – He had bad night with the hip-hop, but there’s no way the judges will let him go even if he lands in the bottom this week. He has proved too good overall. Still on the road to the Top 10.
    • Elenore – Like Ryan, a bad night but it’s unlikely they will be let go because they have been so good in all the other styles. Another performance like this, however, and they will be in trouble. But for now, still headed into the Top 10

Their Fate is in Your Hands:
    • Peter – The quick step is always a challenge, but Peter carried it off with a performance that never let up. He’s got serious competition, but he’s not giving an inch.
    • Nathan – He’s a spectacular contemporary dancer, but he laid a big egg this week with the samba. And unlike, say, Ryan’s hip-hop, where you could see that he was working so hard to capture the style, Nathan couldn’t even stay on the right foot. Major fail, and it drops him way down the list.
    • Pauline – our lone tap dancer left. She along with Peter did OK on the steps but really excelled in character and performance.
    • Noelle – She’s good, but will the judges keep her instead of say, Mollee or Elenore? So far I don’t think she’s made her mark. But having Russell as a partner may be enough to propel her into the Top 10 by default.
    • Victor – Very good tonight, but as Nigel said – Contemporary is his style. Unfortunately, Nathan and Jakob are better, so there is a ceiling on how high he can rise in this competition.
    • Channing – Very good, but like partner Victor this was their style. Unlike Victor, however, she doesn’t have as many natural competitors.
    • Mollee – She’s done surprisingly well in the last two weeks, but this was just bad. Fans may keep her safe – but if she falls into the bottom I don’t think that the judges will be as kind.
    • Katharine – She wasn’t as good as Legacy in the Broadway number. Legacy may pull her into the Top 10, but if they end up in the bottom before then, she could be eliminated.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 11-11-2009 at 12:47 AM.

Who do yall think will be in the b3??
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3747722;
    Who do yall think will be in the b3??
    Peter and Pauline, Karen and Kevin for sure. Then maybe Channing and Victor. BUT they did have contemporary. And while not spectacular, it was one of the better routines of the night. And the contemporary numbers always seem to go over well with the audience and pulls in votes. So the third couple could be a bit of a surprise.

+ Reply to Thread