+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 11/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: 11/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I am building up a major dislike of Channing. I just do not see much grace in this girl. I think she had more blame than they gave her (dis)credit for in her routine with Victor.

Bianca/Jakob - Didn't Tyce or someone else very recently choreograph one of these "feelin' the holy spirit" dances? I'm just not real taken in by them, and it has nothing to do with my feelings on all things church. I'm not into frenzy.

Legacy & Katherine - Legacy is possibly my favorite. And I'm loving how he's working with Katherine, who is delicate. I'm glad to see opinion of him turning for the better here. I think he's great. (And damn - multilingual? o.O)

Finally, I agree - this stage and the light dance going on is SO distracting from the actual dancing. Sigh. I wish they'd just pull the freaking plug on it already. However - that said, I thought it added to the Wade Van Gogh number. I thought the costuming was excellent - they were supposed to have been basically stepping out of the painting. If you know Van Gogh, I think you'd see that.

FORT Regular

I agree with Vanillalatte concerning Bianca. I was very turned off last year when she had a hissy fit upon being cut and saying she wasn't going to bother coming back etc...

I am glad they did concentrate on showing the top 20 more this season than in any season prior to this. We still didn't see anything about Kathryn but it was a huge improvement and coupled with the judges picking these first two weeks might be a good thing for potential diamonds in the rough.

I was surprised to read that Mollee has hearing loss in one ear on her bio. Did anyone else see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3744154;
    I am building up a major dislike of Channing. I just do not see much grace in this girl. I think she had more blame than they gave her (dis)credit for in her routine with Victor.

Bianca/Jakob - Didn't Tyce or someone else very recently choreograph one of these "feelin' the holy spirit" dances? I'm just not real taken in by them, and it has nothing to do with my feelings on all things church. I'm not into frenzy.
    I'm pretty sure Channing was paired with Philip and Bianca was teamed up with Victor. Jakob is paired with Ashleigh.

Ahh-- I thought I might have that mixed-up. I was lazy and didn't double-check. :p

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3744154;
    ..Finally, I agree - this stage and the light dance going on is SO distracting from the actual dancing. Sigh. I wish they'd just pull the freaking plug on it already. ...

I agree that it's often distracting. In addition it "flattens" the dancers against the background. Often dancers are lit completely from the side to emphasize the body shapes and push them into another plane. This just kills everything. Could you imagine past numbers like Tyce's Lion King, Wade's Ramalma, or last season's tango/hip-hop mash-up by Dimitri and NappTabs being done in front of this garish stadium screen?

OMG - Topcat, you've hit the nail on the head.

I couldn't figure out for the life of me why the dancers were looking "cartoonish" to me this year.

It's that flattening effect you mentioned.

Why do I have the distinct feeling they're not going to change it, though.

I doubt they'd change it, either. It wouldn't be so bad if they just turned the screen off during the actual dance and just used the lighting per usual. It's nice to have it there because they can use it to set the scene (like the wedding arches and sillouettes) and the audience has a nice big screen for the clips they show. But once the actual dancing starts, they really need to shut it down. It's distracting, unflattering, garish, and I, like many of you, find myself more focused on the screen than the dancers. I often have to rewind and rewatch a dance because I missed half of it. Wade's routine was one of those.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011