+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 11/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3743381;
    ....I agree with the PP who said they blended in too much with the backdrop. I am really disliking the electronic background changes in general. I think they detract from many of the performances.

...In response Pete did a really tacky/cheesy move where he licked his fingers and smoothed down his eyebrows with a kind of "come hither" look in his eye. If any woman in her right mind ran across a guy who tried to look cool with that move, she would burst out laughing....... That move was a classic example of a guy who thinks he's hot...but really he's not so much...
    I HATE that background, especially when they zoom in on the dancers and all you see are the pixels dancing around and it's all I stare at. I get mesmerized by the dancing pixels and completely miss the dance. GAH!

Funny you should mention this....Maks over on DWTS did this during one of the pro routines and I thought it was the most disgusting thing ever. That lick fingers and smooth eyebrows, just sort of illustrated for me his opinion of himself (although on Maks I don't mind it quiet as much lol)

FORT Regular

My husband was so excited to see two tappers get eliminated. He shouted "Tapper Purge!" with gusto when it happened. I have to say, I agreed with his enthusiasm. His comment about Bianca after her solo was "She dances like she is two sticks with cymbals attached on the ends." Not an attractive analysis. I've been commenting for weeks now on how gangly she looks when she dances. Yes, her toes are talented, but there is nothing visually interesting or compelling about the rest of the package - it is all spindly legs, elbows and knees. Does she even have calves? There is something kind of ugly about her legs, especially when highlighted in black tights like last night. I think she is beautiful - but not when she's dancing.

The tappers on the show just don't have the versatility or the talent to survive very long. None of them have the talent of a Gregory Hines, for example, who I felt was always mesmorizing and really gave tap the full package of artistry.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3743157;
    It's no secret I'm not a fan of Legacy, but I'll admit.....he's doing much better than I thought he would and I actually enjoy watching him dance. Can't believe I'm starting to like him....
    See, I'm a fan of Legacy. I know I'm in the minority but I think he has done great so far in the competition and last night he was fantastic! Who knew? I know everyone is on the Russell train...and yeah, he's cute and all...but he hasn't wowed me yet.

On another note....Please SYTYCD producers...get rid of those God awful lights and distracting things in the back ground! Horrible set!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I actually have changed my opinion on the judges choosing who leaves the first couple weeks. It's actually turned out pretty nicely because someone like Kathryn is an outstanding dancer and she would probably have been in the bottom 3 because we didn't see any of her in the audition process. Anyways, my favorite 3 dancers at this point are easily Russell, Karen and Ellenore. I think the top guys are pretty much set already but the girls are still wide open. Top 10 is looking like:

Guys: Russell, Jakob, Nathan, Ryan, #5 up for grabs
    Girls: Ellenore, Karen, ?, ?, ?

Premium Member

Nothing this season so far has wowed me, even Season 5 not one of my favorites had memorable performances and dancers. Right now not seeing it, plus I hate the new stage that looks like a friggin disco ball and distracts me from the dancing as well. And Nigel Shaddup about Paula, enough already.

To the Point

Everytime I think about Paula being on the show it makes me wonder if Mary needed a drinking buddy or something. Mary usually does makes sense, she's just obnoxious much of the time and has the ability to make me wonder what's in her cup.

Russell was my early pre-show fave but he is slowly being edged out by Kevin and.....*long dramatic pause*....Legacy. Didn't see that second one coming, I really didn't like him during the auditions but paired with Kathryn? He's sort of awesome, or maybe it's just her and her awesomeness is rubbing off on him?

By and far my favorite females are Karen and Kathryn and I'm even beginning to like Mollee (didn't see that one coming either!) but I try to keep an open mind and let these kids change my mind about them as they dance and the season progresses.

Still not like the remaining tapper, there is just something about him that rubs me wrong. There are a lot of likable dancers this season, still wish there was more variety.

Okay... Seriously, this season is... something else. lol. I started off not liking (or just didn't care for or I think I've stated that I might have hated) Ashleigh, Legacy and Kathryn.. but now they're becoming 3 of my favorites.

I really don't see why people would say it's hard for Ashleigh to catch up on Jakob cause as far as I've seen (this past two weeks) they're BOTH great. I didn't think Ashleigh can dance to dances which is out of her genre, but she actually did a great job. First I was a little worried to see Jakob being paired with Ashleigh, but this partnership is really fabulous.

His drama seems so contrived to me, it just doesn't seem like it's coming from a genuine place. When he said last night that he didn't mind when Kathryn cried because it meant he could cry too, all I could do was roll my eyes.
    Well -- At first I do find it annoying, but after his performance on the top 20 show, I looked back at the audition. He seems genuine the second time around I watch it. lol. For one thing, he's a B'boy... his style doesn't require much thinking and choreography; I think he really was overwhelmed by the feeling of dancing with different style, and I was actually feel kinda teary when I watched him dance to the choreographed dance... It's like watching baby learning how to walk (no kidding...). I do think he valued the chance the judges gave him, cause I can see he's trying his hardest to adept with the dances given to him.

About Kathryn... I hated her when she got all squeaky during the top 20 announcement; but man oh man, that aside, she's actually good!

Ryan and Ellenore are also the best of the couples... They share the playful personality, in which I think is a great thing about their partnership. Also, they're the two most confident people in the show this season. lol.

I also liked Mollee and Nathan. They're great dancers...

I really don't see what the big deal about Karen. She was just okay for me... She's really good, but I just can't see her being a good partner; I mean it's like watching her dance alone, rather than with partner... Like she doesn't need one. I can't explain it... lol. just how I see it...

I'm kinda agreeing with the Judges choices with the elimination. lol. Didn't really care for Bianca...
    Last edited by kiariclois; 11-05-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I just got finished watching my tape of this episode. And right off the bat let me say this, before I read any of the other posts.

I hope this season is not going to follow the "reward mediocrity" example of the current season of Project Runway.

I can't believe they kept "I can't dance the first week and am going to dance mediocre when I finally do" Noelle and let "Obvious potential" Bianca go.

What.The.*#&@.Ever.

<-- reads the other posts now

kiariclois, I'm pretty much in agreement with you. I'm really enjoying Ashleigh, Kathryn and Legacy (none of whom I was overly impressed with in the beginning) . They were in my top 4 favorite dances last night (K&L were #1 hands down...amazing!). Actually, whoever said they liked the judges doing the initial elimination...I 100% agree! It gives us a chance to get to know them as dancers, not just personalities and/or pretty faces. I was glad (and surprised) to see the judges eliminate Bianca, I thought she was really overrated. As far as the tappers, I thought the guy that was eliminated was excellent...at tapping. He wasn't very versatile at all otherwise. The one who remains (can't think of his name either) is the best all-around dancer of the three IMHO. So far I'm really enjoying this season dance wise. Last season for the most part I was underwhelmed by the choreography, but I'm really enjoying what I've seen so far this go round
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread