Thread: Brandon Dumlao - Season 6

Premium Member

Brandon Dumlao - Season 6

**replaced Billy Bell due to illness**

Full Name: Brandon James Dumlao
    Dance Style: Hip Hop
    Hometown: Concord, CA

ABOUT BRANDON:

Brandon Dumlao, 21 years old, was born and raised in Concord, California. He got his first taste of dancing at the age of 8 but was forced to quit to go out for sports. At the age of 17, he attended Kyle Hanagami's hip hop class in San Francisco and fell in love with hip hop dance. He currently trains with NeverLand, a dance company under the direction of Kyle Hanagami & Ellen Kim from The Lost Kids. He is very thankful for all of the opportunities he has been given in the short amount of time he has been dancing. He strives to create his own style of hip hop which combines hard-hitting movements with contemporary-esque fluidity. Brandon hopes to be dancing for years to come.
    Last edited by paridy; 11-01-2009 at 02:59 AM.

Re: Brandon Dumlao - Season 6

He seemed like a really nice kid. I wouldn't mind seeing him again next season!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Same here. I'm glad that Nigel is going to try to let him be on the show again. That was really nice of him.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

If they don't allow him to audition again next year, then this guy was not treated fairly by the show.
    They should have had someone else dance in Billy's place (the choreographer?) and then not eliminated a male this week.

Poor guy didn't have a chance in he11 in my opinion. I was a bit confused during his solo though because it seemed a lot more contemporary than hip hop.

Excellent point/suggestion jmb.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I was also confused why he danced contemporary. I think maybe he was trying to be versatile or something and show them what he could do. Didn't work.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I thought I was mistaken in thinking he was a hip hop dancer and it threw me off during his entire solo. Although I think he could have done the dance of his life and it wouldn't have mattered. He was a goner the second they put Russell in there with him.

I'm sorry but I don't think his waltz was that bad, I think the tap dude that did hip hop I think his partner was let go, should of been in the bottom, to me it was painful to watch that dance routine. I hope he comes back, I liked him he seemed like a nice kid.

FORT Newbie

He looks like so young!

+ Reply to Thread