+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

If the injured girl may drop out then why cut anyone this week. This season has been injury prone. It's a sign.

FORT Fogey

Boy going home: Brandon

Premium Member

Next up the guys: Unanimous decision-Brandon D. is leaving (Nigel is going to talk to Fox to change the rules so he can retry for Season 7-which is really fair considering)

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Agreed, Paridy. I hope they bend those rules.

But I'm still po'd comparing the Jessi situation to the Noelle. Jessi didn't even take a week - she performed the next day.

<-- is working on not holding grudges

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Ever find yourself discovering a band maybe 5 albums into their career? You listen to those 5 albums to death, and just love them to pieces. You anxious await their 6th album. And when it's finally released, you pick it up with eager anticipation.

And you just don't like it. It feels alien. Unfamiliar. "Their style has changed or something, I don't like them anymore."

I think I might be having this with SYTYCD Season 6.

I've seen every season as it aired, except for season 2. Over the past year, I've re-watched every season, including the whole of season 2.

A new cast would have been plenty. But there's the new voting set-up (at least for this episode), the new opening, the new stage, new choreographers. I'm feeling a bit on overload with all the "newness" combined.

That said...
    Noelle - so, Jessi couldn't perform her 3rd dance in season 3, and was offed as a result (that direct from Nigel's mouth). But Noelle isn't automatically offed? Humph.

I thought Channing was really heavy in that Jive. I definitely though Philip was better.

I did like the Tyce Broadway. Definitely thought Jakob was wonderful - I'm favoring him already. Ashleigh wasn't bad, though.

Would have liked to have seen harder hitting on the Hip Hop.

Foxtrot - Yay, Russel. Wasn't perfect, no. I'm cringing that he was ever matched up with Noelle. I can't see how she'll be staying. Wait and see...

LOVED the Travis contemporary. Bianca is definitely a favorite, and I thought she did really well tonight.

Karen & Kevin cha cha - I thought Kevin was way worse than the judges thought. I like him, but, yeesh... Overall, meh. And I usually love cha cha.

Ellinore & Ryan - I am usually such a Sonya fan, but I just really didn't like this number. I might upon re-watch, but I just really didn't care for it, and therefore, wasn't impressed by the dancing. And I thought Ellinore should have kept her mouth shut - I didn't like how much she touted the number beforehand. And I REALLY liked her during auditions.

Katherine & Legacy - nobody likes them and I'm guessing they'll still be disliked here. But I thought it was cute, entertaining, and well danced.

Mollee & Nathan - Uh, yep. Still looks like a teenager (Mollee) at a wedding reception boogying to the cheesy cover band. Not impressed. Yet.

Brandon & Pauline - they were no Jessi & Pasha. But they were alright. Wait and see again.
    Final thoughts:

Ugh. Mary. PLEASE. Bring it down about 10 notches. You're even getting on MY nerves now.

HATING the stage. TOO distracting with all the lights & special effects.

Welp! See yall next week. I'm off t watch last night's show!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;3737909;
    If the injured girl may drop out then why cut anyone this week. This season has been injury prone. It's a sign.
    FYI - They've already tapped another girl from the Top 36 to take Noelle's place in the event she can't dance next week. They haven't said who is the replacement.

I have a feeling the reason that Nigel was so willing to speak to the network on Brandon's behalf had nothing to do with him wanting Brandon to be able to try out again next season. I have a feeling that it had everything to do with Billy being able to try out again next season instead. If Nigel can talk the network into agreeing to Brandon again then getting Billy back would be a slam dunk for him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3737936;
    I have a feeling the reason that Nigel was so willing to speak to the network on Brandon's behalf had nothing to do with him wanting Brandon to be able to try out again next season. I have a feeling that it had everything to do with Billy being able to try out again next season instead. If Nigel can talk the network into agreeing to Brandon again then getting Billy back would be a slam dunk for him.
    I don't think Billy has a problem because he never made it in to the actual competition. His family has said that he hopes to return for Season 7.

He made it into the top 20 though. He performed last night when they showcased the top 20 dancers. The only way that I see out of that is if they slip around the word usage in the rules. If Billy can come back after making the top 20, then Brandon should be allowed to come back. The judges did NOT want him in the top 20 so it was an easy out for them tonight as far as the guys go.

+ Reply to Thread