+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 10/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 10/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I'm annoyed with the judges already. They have 4 hip-hop typle guys, and 3 of them got ballroom last night, but Legacy got something very near his own style. Methinks that is not a coincidence. I can't be critical of his dance last night, he was good. But I don't like Legacy, and I don't think he's as versatile as Kevin or Russell.

I don't know if Russell's solo was just for entertainment, or what. But Nigel knew what the reaction would be when he announced the name. I could tell just by the way he paused and then said it. Absolutely no reason for him to be in the bottom 4. And I felt bad for Brandon - when you get pulled in a day and a half before the competition for a "second chance" at the top 20, you should get more of a chance than he got.

I also don't like the Jakob pimping. Yes, he's a great dancer and I'm sure he'll go far. But why do the judges have to talk like the guy's in the final 4 already? They should tell him (and us) how they felt about his dancing and leave the predictions out of it.

Noelle should be out. I don't dislike her, but if she can't dance, she can't dance. The "wait and see" is going to put Russell at a disadvantage next week, along with his partner. No matter whether Noelle returns or Ariana takes her place, they won't have the practice that they should.

Finally, I know I'm in the minority here. But for whatever reason, I tend to enjoy fun or romantic, or even sad dances more than the sexy ones. And I thought that Mollee and Nathan were a lot of fun and very high energy in their disco. I agree that she may have trouble looking like a grown-up in some of the dances, but the disco suited her well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3738310;
    I hate hate hate the new stage. For the life of me I can't figure out why they decided to change it. It is SO distracting....the colors, the bright lights, the shapes on the floor, the things in the background. I want to watch the dances not the flashy set. I'll miss the stairs too. I always liked it when they involved them.

Everything did seem slightly off....it certainly wasn't the same old SYTYCD. I don't understand why they want to change something that worked so well just the way it was. *Sigh*
    They really need the stairs back. It's too bland.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3738796;
    I'm annoyed with the judges already. They have 4 hip-hop typle guys, and 3 of them got ballroom last night, but Legacy got something very near his own style. Methinks that is not a coincidence. I can't be critical of his dance last night, he was good. But I don't like Legacy, and I don't think he's as versatile as Kevin or Russell.

I don't know if Russell's solo was just for entertainment, or what. But Nigel knew what the reaction would be when he announced the name. I could tell just by the way he paused and then said it. Absolutely no reason for him to be in the bottom 4. And I felt bad for Brandon - when you get pulled in a day and a half before the competition for a "second chance" at the top 20, you should get more of a chance than he got.

I also don't like the Jakob pimping. Yes, he's a great dancer and I'm sure he'll go far. But why do the judges have to talk like the guy's in the final 4 already? They should tell him (and us) how they felt about his dancing and leave the predictions out of it.

Noelle should be out. I don't dislike her, but if she can't dance, she can't dance. The "wait and see" is going to put Russell at a disadvantage next week, along with his partner. No matter whether Noelle returns or Ariana takes her place, they won't have the practice that they should.

Finally, I know I'm in the minority here. But for whatever reason, I tend to enjoy fun or romantic, or even sad dances more than the sexy ones. And I thought that Mollee and Nathan were a lot of fun and very high energy in their disco. I agree that she may have trouble looking like a grown-up in some of the dances, but the disco suited her well.
    I saw somewhere that the rules state that she must be given a chance to come back the next week and then if she's unable to continue she's off the show.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fan

So what is the thought about Billy Bell for upcoming seasons?

Anyone else think they hyped these kids up so much, it just can't possibly live up to it?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3739044;
    I saw somewhere that the rules state that she must be given a chance to come back the next week and then if she's unable to continue she's off the show.
    Yeah, that's what they said on the show. But some people have said that a different rule applied to someone who got injured in an earlier season (I only started watching this summer, so I don't really know). But even if that has always been the rule, I just don't think it makes sense. She got a pass for this week while someone else got sent home. And it it puts her partner at a disadvantage 2 weeks in a row - this week when he had to dance with a much older woman with whom he had not been practicing, and next week when he'll have to dance either with a brand new partner he gets sometime during the week or someone recovering from an injury. Of course, the fact that Russell is a favorite of mine probably influences my opinion on this as well.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3739127;
    Yeah, that's what they said on the show. But some people have said that a different rule applied to someone who got injured in an earlier season
    Jessi, season 3.

She was Pasha's original partner. For their 3rd dance, she made it all the way through rehearsals, then was hospitalized and couldn't do the actual performance. Melanie stood in for her, just as she did for Noelle. Pasha had to face audience vote, but only had to dance for his life if he was in the bottom 3. I don't remember if he was.

For the elimination show, Jessi performed the dance she was supposed to do with Pasha just for exhibition, a cha cha I think. She and Pasha were wonderful. This was NOT to give her a 2nd chance, as the voting was already over.

However, she was (supposedly) given the chance to "dance for her life" rather than automatically be cut. Her solo sucked, but so did the other 2 women, they were all roundly trounced by Nigel for their poor performances.

With very little fanfare, Jessi was cut. There was much complaint from the fans, and a petition was even submitted to reinstate her. Nigel came right out on the next show and stated that she was cut because she couldn't perform, that they did that because they would be faced with contestants from that point forward complaining they were tired or sick and expecting to stay in the competition and they didn't want to set a precedent allowing that.

Well, until now.

Noelle didn't even make it through rehearsal. Jessi did. Noelle couldn't perform on the elimination show. Jessi did.

I'm biased for sure. Jessi was my favorite that season and up until that point, had not made a single misstep (her auditions, waltz, jazz and cha cha were exceptional). I am NOT a fan of the many conspiracies that crop up over this show. But I think there had to have been something behind the scenes that was not made known. That season's finale featured all of the original top 20 dancers, and Jessi was there for the initial intro. But they had Ryan Cabrera perform "I Will Remember You" live, and while he performed, they showed clips of each of the top 20 dancers - except Jessi. Once again, she was dissed.

I'm a little fed-up with this kind of inconsistency on this show. Add to that the continuing touting of this season being the first with tap dancers, when fans here have already mentioned and I've confirmed a season 1 competitor, Sandra, was a tapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3739172;
    Jessi, season 3.

She was Pasha's original partner. For their 3rd dance, she made it all the way through rehearsals, then was hospitalized and couldn't do the actual performance. Melanie stood in for her, just as she did for Noelle. Pasha had to face audience vote, but only had to dance for his life if he was in the bottom 3. I don't remember if he was.

For the elimination show, Jessi performed the dance she was supposed to do with Pasha just for exhibition, a cha cha I think. She and Pasha were wonderful. This was NOT to give her a 2nd chance, as the voting was already over.

However, she was (supposedly) given the chance to "dance for her life" rather than automatically be cut. Her solo sucked, but so did the other 2 women, they were all roundly trounced by Nigel for their poor performances.

With very little fanfare, Jessi was cut. There was much complaint from the fans, and a petition was even submitted to reinstate her. Nigel came right out on the next show and stated that she was cut because she couldn't perform, that they did that because they would be faced with contestants from that point forward complaining they were tired or sick and expecting to stay in the competition and they didn't want to set a precedent allowing that.

Well, until now.

Noelle didn't even make it through rehearsal. Jessi did. Noelle couldn't perform on the elimination show. Jessi did.

I'm biased for sure. Jessi was my favorite that season and up until that point, had not made a single misstep (her auditions, waltz, jazz and cha cha were exceptional). I am NOT a fan of the many conspiracies that crop up over this show. But I think there had to have been something behind the scenes that was not made known. That season's finale featured all of the original top 20 dancers, and Jessi was there for the initial intro. But they had Ryan Cabrera perform "I Will Remember You" live, and while he performed, they showed clips of each of the top 20 dancers - except Jessi. Once again, she was dissed.

I'm a little fed-up with this kind of inconsistency on this show. Add to that the continuing touting of this season being the first with tap dancers, when fans here have already mentioned and I've confirmed a season 1 competitor, Sandra, was a tapper.
    Jessi was my favorite also but that was 2 years ago and maybe the rules have been changed since then in anticipation of a situation like that happening again.

ETA: I agree that I thought the way Jessi was treated stunk.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 10-29-2009 at 07:46 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

I only need to repeat what many have said, but I just in case TPTB read this:

I HATE THIS SET. It overpowers the dances and it's way too distracting, I felt this way during the finally.

(Oh and not sure why Billy and Noelle weren't the ones cut. Why bring someone in to eliminate right away, the choreograher could have stood in and why did Noelle get a chance and someone else get cut. Don't get.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112