+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3738166;
    In my mind I can't come up with any criteria that puts Russel in the bottom. Especially if the scope includes the entire audition process. He impressed the hell out of the judges in his every appearance (that we saw). I mean, if that is the scope you are looking at, why wasn't Legacy and Ashleigh in the bottom? They both got in to the Top 20 by the skin of their teeth.

If they judged solely on Tuesday night, I can see where maybe Russel fell in the lower half of the guys. But he's a krumper doing foxtrot - with a last minute substitute partner: a fifty year old woman. And he did a perfectly respectable job, clearly catching the essence of the dance with wonderful extensions (even if the footwork was a bit sloppy). In that situation, especially showing the incredible promise he has for doing well in the competition, wouldn't you give him the teeniest bit of a break?

This makes no sense.
    Russell was never in an ounce of danger. They knew Brandon was the one going home before the show even began. Russell was picked only for drama and entertainment purposes (his solo).
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

-------------------------------
    MY FAVS
    Bianca/Victor (contemporary) - I really enjoyed this routine a lot. I thought Bianca did a nice job out of her element and Victor was wonderful. Fantastic choreo job by Travis with some memorable moves.

Kathryn/Legacy (hip-hop) - It pains me to admit that I really liked their routine because I still don't think Legacy is all that. I thought Kathryn did a nice job in this genre.

Elenore/Ryan (contemporary?) - I definitely saw some of those "hummingbird" moves also. However, I still enjoyed the routine. Strangely, the thing that bugged me the most was the bottom part of Elenore's costume - it looked a little like a diaper at times...

MIDDLE OF THE ROAD
    Ashleigh/Jakob (broadway) - For a broadway, this was pretty good. Jakob did a great job, but I still don't like Ashleigh.

Ariana/Peter (hip-hop) - I enjoyed this one even if they weren't completely together.

Russell/Melanie (foxtrot?) - I reeeeeeallly like Russell. I was also stunned that they put him in the bottom. Will be interesting to see him with a "regular" partner. I am also a little annoyed by how they are handling all of the injury stuff this season.

BOTTOM
    Channing/Philip (jive) - Blah. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something I don't like about Philip. Also, Channing is not very memorable to me.

Karen/Kevin (cha-cha) - Honestly, I thought this dance was a little tacky. I didn't think the music and the dance meshed well together. I also don't think Kevin did a great job, which is too bad because I like him. When Adam was critiquing them and was gushing over how sexy Karen was and then made some comment like "..and those of you who know me know that that isn't really my thing.." I just about spit out my orange juice I started laughing so hard!

Brandon/Pauline (smooth waltz) - Meh. I was kinda bored. She did a good job but he was definitely lacking. Understandable sine he barely had any time.

Mollee/Nathan (disco) - Not great. The dance was kinda frantic and they were okay in some parts and really shaky in others.

Agreed, Russell was never in danger, they just wanted to see some krumping for entertainment purposes. Go Russell! :-)

I have to admit, I really was prepared to dislike Legacy and Kathryn (of the high pitched whiny crying), but Legacy/Kathryn actually gave my favorite performance of the night! Surprise, surprise. They were both excellent and the piece was fun.

FORT Fogey

They type of dance they draw and the choregrapher are key to their longevity on this show. A slow waltz or traditional ballroom rendition do not drive people to the phone. Luckily the judges are in charge for awhile and see the skill despite a boring routine but still it makes for dull viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3738284;
    I have to admit, I really was prepared to dislike Legacy and Kathryn (of the high pitched whiny crying), but Legacy/Kathryn actually gave my favorite performance of the night! Surprise, surprise. They were both excellent and the piece was fun.

I felt the same way. I can't say it was my #1, but maybe it was my #2 performance. Still...I didn't expect (or want) to like them at all. Kathryn wasn't whiny at all. I was quite impressed with her movement. I'm not an expert, but I do know that MY body can't move like that.

As for Russels solo....WOW. I loved his aggression at the end. He even held onto it when he high fived one of his castmates... Very entertaining.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3738015;
    Is it me or are the pairings weird? Everything just seemed slightly off tonight. And that new set is horrible. The screen in the background is distracting and the lights are not flattering. Plus, a lot of great dancing happened on the stairs. I'll miss that.
    I hate hate hate the new stage. For the life of me I can't figure out why they decided to change it. It is SO distracting....the colors, the bright lights, the shapes on the floor, the things in the background. I want to watch the dances not the flashy set. I'll miss the stairs too. I always liked it when they involved them.

Everything did seem slightly off....it certainly wasn't the same old SYTYCD. I don't understand why they want to change something that worked so well just the way it was. *Sigh*
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3737836;
    Disco was ok. They are overloaded on cute.
    Hated, hated, hated the lift where Mollee's crotch was in Nathan's face for what seemed like forever. Disco is horrible (apologies to the people who like it &/or this performance) & so unsexy -- I guess that boring choreographer was trying to spice it up.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3738419;
    Hated, hated, hated the lift where Mollee's crotch was in Nathan's face for what seemed like forever. Disco is horrible (apologies to the people who like it &/or this performance) & so unsexy -- I guess that boring choreographer was trying to spice it up.
    OMG...that part was horrible!! I really felt for the guy. But I do think overall they did ok. I personally like Disco the majority of the time. But not that lift!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

We got the biggest laugh out of that lift too. It was unintentionally hilarious.

FORT Fogey

All that bending the rules talk from Nigel was for both Billy and Brandon. I expect both will be back next season.

Jive: Good, but not great

Broadway: Jakob is super talented

Hip Hop: Cute & creative (judges clearly throwing Ariana under the bus) She and Peter performed quite well.

Foxtrot: Lovely lines & style

Contemporary: Best of the night! I don't care about Bianca's shoulders or toes, that was great performance chemistry from this pair. Can't wait to see more of them!

Sonya Piece: It's never what I expect, and that's what I love about her work.

Smooth Waltz: Children dancing

Cha Cha: Not smoking and rather awkward

Dave Scott Hip Hop: loved it, and was totally suprised by this pair!

Disco: Children dancing

My bottom four would have been Channing, Mollee, Brandon, and Kevin

+ Reply to Thread