+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Yay! Russell is still here.

I can't believe that he was even in the bottom four. His lines were gorgeous.

I do hope they let Brandon back next season.
    Ain't Love Grand!

I'm backkkk. Okay wait. Billy performed last night LIVE? He is now sick with MONO isn't that contagious? I'm confused. I would have thought the last two people left from Vegas would be alternates. I'm trying to think of who was cut from Vegas that I wasn't happy about.

Noelle-foot injury? She may be out and a replacement is being trained.
    Billy-Mono and was replaced by Brandon. Mono takes longer than two weeks to recover.
    Brandon-eliminated and is seeking a rule change for Season 7
    There was another girl that was injured during tryouts and made it through without dancing the final dance.

Is this all?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;3737968;
    I'm backkkk. Okay wait. Billy performed last night LIVE? He is now sick with MONO isn't that contagious? I'm confused. I would have thought the last two people left from Vegas would be alternates.
    Monday's show was taped last week. Tonight was the first live show.

Here's some details on Billy from his parent's statement:

We were all very disappointed when we heard the news and Billy was devastated when his doctors told the show that if he continued to dance on the show before he recovered, he could possibly die. It will take several weeks for him to recover and as a result, he will be unable to return to Juilliard as of right now. We are hoping he will be able to return in the Spring. Billy is still quite ill but was released from the hospital today. He's feeling better but still needs to rest.
    As far as replacements, the producers are kind of doing what you suggested. They are not going back to the Vegas group, but to the Top 36 that came out of Vegas. We don't know who would be "next" on the list because the "Green Mile" episode only reveals whether someone is in or out. But I'm sure the judges know who they wished they could have included.

UPDATE: Rumor is that Ariana is staying around to rehearse in Noelle's place in case she can't dance next week. That would make sense.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 10-27-2009 at 11:32 PM.

Another thing to ponder and it is something that the judges will have to take into consideration if they do in fact try to get Billy eligible for next season. Noelle was not able to dance tonight due to her knee injury. If it is not healed and she is unable to perform next week, then she is cut as Nigel said. Since she also did not get to perform for "judging" with the rest of the top 20 like Billy then she should also be taken into consideration for trying to become eligible for next season. The network and Nigel should have to make sure that the rules apply across the board. So we have three dancers that may end up being able to audition again next season even though two of them made the top 20 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;3737968;
    There was another girl that was injured during tryouts and made it through without dancing the final dance.

Is this all?
    That girl is Pauline.

My thoughts on the show. I'll start with Russel in the bottom four. WTF? I'm guessing (paridy?) was right and the judges just wanted us to see him dance. Which he did awesomely. Not a word? It is now. But no way should he have been in the bottom four. No way. No how. Philip or Kevin should have been, IMO.

Channing/Philip- that was boring and heavy. It lacked something.

Ashleigh/Jakob- Jakob was great, Ash was good, but nowhere near Jakob. I hope she doesn't drag him down.

Ariana/Peter- Girl can move, for sure, but something was off.

Russel/Melanie- He looked a tad uncomfortable dancing with Melanie, but he did an alright job. He was fantastic when he was dancing by himself. I hope he goes far.

Bianca/Victor- I didn't have any particular thoughts on Victor before tonight...but WOW. I do now! He was fantastic! Bianca needs to relax a bit. She held her own, though.

Karen/Kevin- I don't remember a thing about this dance. All I know is that she wasn't as hot as the judges thought she was.

Elenore/Ryan- I remember him more than her. That disappointed me. I was expecting to be blown away by her and I definitely wasn't.

Brandon/Pauline- I thought he did a hell of a job considering the short time he had to work on the dance. Pauline was a doll. Think those two shouldn't have been in the bottom four. There were worse.

Kathryn/Legacy- It pains me to say this because I'm not a fan of either of them, but I liked it. They were good.

Mollee/Nathan- I think I'm alone on this, but that was the first disco on this show that I've actually liked. And I'm not a Mollee fan.

Is it me or are the pairings weird? Everything just seemed slightly off tonight. And that new set is horrible. The screen in the background is distracting and the lights are not flattering. Plus, a lot of great dancing happened on the stairs. I'll miss that.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;3737868;
    Waitttt the judges have the power. I would have thought the audience would be selecting the favs.
    If I remember correctly the audience does not vote until we are close to the end. The judges do the eliminations for many weeks.

Nigel stated that the eliminations were based on their overall performances to date so it makes sense that those in the bottom 4 were not up to par with the others. I trust that.

I expect to see the tappers drop, one by one and not make it to the final 10. Those with little other experience ususally cannot keep up though there have been exceptions, of course.

Fierce Critter, I think this season came too closely on the heels of the last and I agree that I am not as interested. I will continue to watch but the shine is off a bit.

Bah, Jakob danced alright. I'm just not feeling the love for him but I'm open to having my mind changed. There is just something sort of off about him for me, like smarmy or something, can't really put my finger on it. I preferred Billy and didn't like being reminded over and over that he was gone. *sighs*

Now Victor? Love, love, love and he reminds me of Dmitry around the eyes (and the way he smiles) and that's not a bad thing at all!

Last night was sort of lackluster for me, nobody and no routine jumped out and grabbed me. I thought Russell did really well considering the circumstances, however, I'm scared for him. Next week will not be a good week no matter how it ends up. He will not have the time training with his partner that the others have. Either he gets Noelle back and she hasn't trained or Ariana comes back and she hasn't trained.

Putting him in the bottom 4? I don't get that at all. They better not send him home before we get the chance to vote, he's the only thing drawing me in this season and without him I probably won't last much longer because I'll get so bored with the other dancers.

Ryan was alright, didn't get the love or maybe I just didn't like the routine. Sort of looked like a Wade rip-off to me, I saw way too many Hummingbird/Flower moves in there coupled with Crash Test Dummies.

I don't think Legacy, Kevin, or Russell are going anywhere before they make the tour. The judges (Nigel) will want to keep them for tickets. Also, I doubt all three tappers will go before the top 10. They will want to keep one or two for the tour. Which means that the contempo's are the fodder this season other than Jakob. That will be interesting to watch at least and different (this is my take on it and I'm probably completely wrong and once again it will be a mostly contempo top 10).

I'm hoping the judges picked Russel to dance for his life to encourage us to vote for him. No other reason makes sense to me. Plus, they had to have heard the audience reaction to that. They were very vocal...as I was and I'm sure many of you were.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

If I remember correctly the audience does not vote until we are close to the end. The judges do the eliminations for many weeks.
    For the first ten couples, the audience votes determine the bottom three (couples), then the judges eliminate one of them. After that, the audience votes determine who goes.

This year, because of the World Series, the first two votes are being done by the judges and there aren't any results shows.

I believe that Russell would never have been in the bottom last night if the audience had voted.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3738095;
    I'm hoping the judges picked Russel to dance for his life to encourage us to vote for him. No other reason makes sense to me. Plus, they had to have heard the audience reaction to that. They were very vocal...as I was and I'm sure many of you were.
    In my mind I can't come up with any criteria that puts Russel in the bottom. Especially if the scope includes the entire audition process. He impressed the hell out of the judges in his every appearance (that we saw). I mean, if that is the scope you are looking at, why wasn't Legacy and Ashleigh in the bottom? They both got in to the Top 20 by the skin of their teeth.

If they judged solely on Tuesday night, I can see where maybe Russel fell in the lower half of the guys. But he's a krumper doing foxtrot - with a last minute substitute partner: a fifty year old woman. And he did a perfectly respectable job, clearly catching the essence of the dance with wonderful extensions (even if the footwork was a bit sloppy). In that situation, especially showing the incredible promise he has for doing well in the competition, wouldn't you give him the teeniest bit of a break?

This makes no sense.

+ Reply to Thread