+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/26 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3737269;
    Before reading any of the comments here, my thoughts...

I really loved the idea of this show. Seeing everyone do "what they do best," choreographed specifically in their genre.
    Me too!..I thought this approach to opening the show was wonderful, nice way to showcase the talent for the sesaon, sometimes with the many weeks of "auditioning" you forget (or don't get to see)..some of the dancers. I loved this addition to the show!

I thought the much-maligned Legacy held his own just fine with the excellent other two.
    As for me...I am soo not impressed with Legacy, but have a feeling he will be over pimped by the judges, and adored by the audience...

The tap number I wanted to love SO BAD. But I don't know what it is, I was not impressed. I do know part of it was the absurd camera work. Fred Astaire, I've heard, insisted he be filmed ALWAYS from head to toe. This routine was so often filmed from waist-up, it looked ridiculous. Tap is MAJORLY about the footwork. Filmed from waist-up, it often looks just silly.
    I agree with your thoughts, I wanted to love the tappers as I think they bring a unique talent to the stage, however I am thinking they will fade fast unless they can impress the audience and unfortunately in a night where they could have "shined" in their genre, it was a bit flat for me.

to have the dancers basically looking like country bumpkins a-la "Oklahoma!" out on a romp, well, it didn't work for me.
    I found this routine totally laughable

I did, however, love the ballroom routine. Kudos to whas-his-name (I'm horrible with names out the gate) for holding his own with TWO female partners. I was very entertained and impressed.
    I enjoyed watching this routine...I am not enjoying watching the "wife" I think she is phoney, has little talent, and will be going soon since the judges get to pick the first few you get the boot!

I do however, think that there is a good representation of the different dancers thi season, it will still come down to who can adapt and "grow" as a dancer once they are taken out of their respective areas.

I think that Russell (the krumper?) is one to watch for the guys, as is Nathan... and Molly is fun to watch although her immaturity may prevail in the end...overall I think the guys are GREAT this season and the gals ho humm...

oh well I will certainly be watching tonight and enjoy being an "armchair" judge
    Last edited by fan*addict; 10-27-2009 at 12:58 PM.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Hating the new stage, it feels so closed in. Hating that Ellenore was all but ignored. Very disappointed that the tappers were not given a better number and better camera and better everything, there was no way they could shine with what they were given. Hoping Ashleigh leaves soon and we can seen Ryan and Karen do some proper ballroom together (I know Ashleigh is his wife, but Karee is the better dancer).

I still love Cat. I was pleasantly surprised by Ariana and Pauline. Now I remember why they wanted Nathan so badly that they gave him a ticket last season. I had forgotten about Kevin, I shouldn't have he is good, but I like Russell a bit more I think.

What's the deal with the schedule changes though? I thought it was Wednesday and Thursday nights, did I mess it up? Sounds like it is Monday and Tuesday nights for this season?

Premium Member

No it will be Tuesdays and Wednesdays this season, starting in November. Next week will only be a Tuesday performance and elimination in one show.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Thanks for the info. I'll update my watching schedule.

I loved everything in this special performance night. Billy Bell caught my attention the entire time... The spoiler... I hope it's... *sigh* Mandy Moore gave them a very heartfelt routine, she threw in a LOT of complex movement. I just love the routine.

Still don't like Mollee or whatever her name is...

The Samba was amazing, though they weren't moving in sync at times, but I'm quite surprised that I preferred Ashleigh dance of the three, since I really thought that she's not really good before. lol. And I don't know why, but I loved Ashleigh's interaction with Karen. They seem... close.
    Last edited by kiariclois; 10-27-2009 at 02:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234