+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/26 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Thanks, I missed the first 10 minutes of the show. BTW, I don't like the new stage either.

I miss the balcony and the steps. They won't get to play off all of the elevation changes
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

Not liking the new stage.

The Wade number was fantastic. The dancing wasn't bad, considering it's the very beginning of the season. I'm really not liking Kathryn or Legacy. Those two can bite it first.

The tutu girls....I'm sorry, but I didn't see any sexy happening there. They danced it well and are very talented, but sexy? Not this time.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Before reading any of the comments here, my thoughts...

I really loved the idea of this show. Seeing everyone do "what they do best," choreographed specifically in their genre.

I thought it was off to a great start with the hip hop routine. I really liked how everyone was highlighted. I thought the much-maligned Legacy held his own just fine with the excellent other two.

But from there, things just didn't impress me.

I thought the Tyce Contemporary number was majorly overwrought. I was not moved. I thought it was melodramatic from the song to the dancing. Very disappointed.

(Speaking of overwrought, I really really had enough of Mary and her hystrionics over that number. I was almost embarrassed. Thusfar, I've been mostly amused by her, but I hope she's not going to be THAT off the hook for the whole season. )

The tap number I wanted to love SO BAD. But I don't know what it is, I was not impressed. I do know part of it was the absurd camera work. Fred Astaire, I've heard, insisted he be filmed ALWAYS from head to toe. This routine was so often filmed from waist-up, it looked ridiculous. Tap is MAJORLY about the footwork. Filmed from waist-up, it often looks just silly.

I didn't like the Mandy Moore contemporary much more than the Tyce. It could be a personal thing - that Coldplay song figures in a bit of "Fierce & her husband" history that's not entirely good, and includes some absurdity. I could overlook that, but I thought it was a poor song choice for the dance. There's a very, very strong story in that song, and to have the dancers basically looking like country bumpkins a-la "Oklahoma!" out on a romp, well, it didn't work for me.

I wasn't that crazy over the jazz routine, either. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sonya. But I was very "meh" over that bit. The jazz hands at the end was very cute, though.

I did, however, love the ballroom routine. Kudos to whas-his-name (I'm horrible with names out the gate) for holding his own with TWO female partners. I was very entertained and impressed.

I wanted to like the show a lot more than I did. I do hope they continue to do this for future seasons.

Oh - the new set. It's gonna have to grow on me.

Now I'll go back and read what others said up until now.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

And did love the Wade opener. Yay, Wade.

FORT Fogey

Nice that the dancers got to show what they can do without fear of elimination. Ariana was a pleasant suprise, and I hope they keep her around so we can get to know her more. Interesting that the judges, soley, will do the paring down to the Top 10 this season.

ETA: Yep, just saw that it's Top 16 for judges decision.
    Last edited by SpringMaiden27; 10-27-2009 at 03:37 AM.

Premium Member

No the judges will eliminate one guy and one girl till top 16, then it works like before we vote and the three bottom vote getting couples no matter who they are will be put towards the judges and then they have to decide which of those guys and girls go home (even if they don't want to necessarily have them in the hot seat).

Ack. I missed it. I forgot to record it. And couldn't find a stream online anywhere! Fox really needs a spanking.

But, it seems this was just a special performance intro so...no worries.

I really enjoyed this show. I hope they do this every season from now on, it was nice seeing the dancers doing their own styles without fear of elimination. Not sure if it made some new fans for the "unseen" ones but I'm positive that it increased the popularity of those who already have fan bases due to extensive audition showings.

Hip Hop: I was a little disappointed by this. I KNOW these guys could have done a better routine, why didn't they get better choreographers? Napoleon/Tabatha are so hip hop light, I would have loved to see these guys doing a Shane Sparks routine (well Sparks when he's on...he's had a couple of stinkers on this show lately).

Contemporary #1 (I hope I get the dancers straight in these routines lol): Tyce is much better at contemporary than broadway, I hope they keep him in this style now that Mia is gone. I remember liking this routine. However, I can't remember what exactly the dancers did. They made zero impact on me. Oh wait, didn't Jakob do some crazy leaps and stuff that the judges pointed out? Still can't really remember it though, he has the personality of a limp noodle so far.

Tap: What a let down. It's so historical that they epically failed at giving these "uber-talented" tappers something awesome to work with, I didn't like it. I'm positive they could have done something better with these guys. Still liking Bianca but I have a feeling she's going to get annoying really fast with her constant mugging. Peter is already annoying. I am pulling for Philip out of the tap trio.

Contemporary #2: Hmmm....not sure I liked this. I just don't like Mandy Moore's routines and to be honest, I don't remember much about it other than thinking that Victor and Kathryn really drew my eye to them. I remember thinking they were lovely in this piece and that I would definitely be keeping my eyes on them to see how much more they develop. To misquote Mary *SCREAM* "I got my eyes on you, yes I do!"

Jazz: Who did poor Ellenore make mad? She wasn't even mentioned by Adam! It was blah blah Mollee! blah and then blah you too Pauline blah and then blah other girl whatever your name is blah blah. Wow. I actually thought "other girl" did a great job. She and Pauline could emerge to be two of my favorite females going off how they danced this sort of awful routine with those really awful dresses on. They managed to transcend the bad choreography and the horrible skirts to make themselves look really good, I'm looking forward to more from Pauline and Ellenore. Mollee can just go home tomorrow and take Ashleigh with her.

And finally we have Ballroom: What a massive fail this routine was. I wish they had gotten a better choreographer. It was so basic ballroom, seriously, they couldn't give them something better to work with? Ashleigh was miles behind the other two. Karen has such sass when she dances that may come back to bite her in the rear though because I'm not sure she can tone that down. In this routine, she was the star with Ryan and Ashleigh as her backups.

My early favorite is Russell.

The ones I'm keeping an eye on because they may emerge as favorites are Victor, Phillip for the guys and Kathryn, Ellenore, Pauline for the girls.

Not looking forward to tomorrow night and the audience having no say in who goes home, I have a feeling they will send home one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer;3736987;
    I am not liking the new set. Am I correct in thinking it is modeled after the Kodak Theater (that was where the finale was done right?) I was very disappointed with the finale because of the background and it looks like they have replicated it here. I find it incredibly distracting. (can you say ADD?)
    It feels too closed in. The old set was more open and the dancers were free to move about the set.

I don't like it at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast