+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Russell Ferguson - Season 6

Premium Member

Russell Ferguson - Season 6

Dance Specialty: Hip Hop/Krump
    Hometown: Boston, MA
    Currently Resides: Boston, MA

Russell Ferguson started dancing when he was 3 years old and began dancing professionally at age 6. He trained at the Boston Art Academy and has worked with Boston City Lights. His interests include acting, singing, drawing, rapping and making music.

How did it feel on the recent day with the press and photo shoot? “To sum it up: side-street.”

FULL NAME: RUSSELL LEWIS FERGUSON

ABOUT RUSSELL:

Russell is 20 years and comes from Boston, MA. He has been dancing since he was 3 years old and is still going. His drive in life is guided by God and his motivation comes from his parents. He hopes the world could see him as an artist and hopefully appreciates what he is putting out there.
    Last edited by paridy; 10-31-2009 at 04:11 AM.

Re: Russell Ferguson - Season 6

He's my favorite so far. I really hope he goes far.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Mine too! I'm so excited by the fact he's not contemporary (or contemporary's twin....jazz) and that he dances something relatively unknown as far as contestants on this show goes.

One of my early favorites, seems to have a good personality.
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

No wonder he's better at the other styles than some of the other "street-style dancing" folks. If he went to an art academy to school, he probably took at least some dance classes.

I really like him, too. I hope he goes far.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Joining in on the Russell love! He's terrific! The thing that I think sets Russell apart from some of the other hip-hoppers/b-boys/krumpers, etc. is his feet. When he dances in those other styles, his feet aren't just stuck at the end of his leg doing nothing: he actually points them. He's very natural in those other styles too and makes it at least look effortless. I hope he really goes far in the competition.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

He says he has had SOME training in other dance styles but it's not extensive. I'm thinking in this art school he probably took a class or two for extra credit and that was why when he was asked what else he's trained in he responded with that initial long list. But then after going to Vegas and being with the dancers who trained extensively in those styles, he realized he had just dabbled in it and that was why his answer changed to untrained.

I think that's where he picked up the knowledge of putting his hands and feet in the right place, it's almost effortless with him and he seems to be a sponge who can just soak up choreography.

FORT Regular

Go Russell!!!

I am rooting HARD for this Russell!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Count me aboard the Russell bandwagon!!! Love, love, love him!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast