+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Russell Ferguson - Season 6

Re: Russell Ferguson - Season 6

When he auditioned, Mary asked him, "What styles are you trained in?" He said, "Ballet. Modern. Tap, jazz. African." Then Nigel asked him if he had tapped and krumped at the same time, and he said he had.

The point is that he's trained, and not just a little bit trained.

The judges, especially Nigel, love to see HH people excel. Because of that, I'm guessing that's why there's more focus on his HH/Krump side over his other styles.

Anyway, I look forward to see Russell dancing.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3736286;
    When he auditioned, Mary asked him, "What styles are you trained in?" He said, "Ballet. Modern. Tap, jazz. African." Then Nigel asked him if he had tapped and krumped at the same time, and he said he had.

The point is that he's trained, and not just a little bit trained.

The judges, especially Nigel, love to see HH people excel. Because of that, I'm guessing that's why there's more focus on his HH/Krump side over his other styles.

Anyway, I look forward to see Russell dancing.
    Actually, I've read (and posted here) that the confusion was explained because when he was initially asked he responded in the positive because he had taken some classes in those styles and considered that training. Then he goes to Vegas week and sees people who are truly trained in those styles and when he is asked again he says that no, he has no training because he was comparing himself to those dancing around him.

I don't think he's made a secret or the show has of his taking a couple of classes in the other styles, he went to an Art School, I don't think it was extensive training and I can see why he would consider himself not trained in those styles when compared to the others who are.

It would be like saying if one of the contemporary dancers took one or two classes in Hip Hop, they are now trained in it. Not quite.

I really hope this isn't used against him somehow and he winds up getting an early boot because people/voters think he and the show are lying and hiding some sort of extensive training.

Can I get a link to where you read that?

Because... I don't know. If he only took a couple of classes in each field, then he would be somewhat like Comfort, who stated on the show that she took a couple of ballet classes in order to get some technique.

But Russell is more like Joshua. This guy is talented, and I don't know how he could have gotten this talented by just taking a couple of classes.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Either way... I like this guy! Fav guy for the season so far!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3736647;
    Can I get a link to where you read that?
    I never know what's allowed in links or not so sending you a message. Just watched an interview with him and awww....I like him even more now. He does say in the interview that he can do other styles but it's Krump that he identifies with the most. So I'm a little confused now and trying to find the article I found where it explained that he'd only taken a couple of classes and didn't consider himself formerly trained.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I like this one a lot, though he does seem to have more training that I thought. When he did the Vegas part with that ballroom girl, the judges made it seemd like this was completely unexpected and he had had no training at all, so it was a bit of a surprise to see that he has. But, I still like him and hope he will go far.

FORT Fogey

He's the first person to do Krump on this show (including the pro-Krumpers) that I've really liked. He just nailed it.

I like him too, so I hope he'll be around for a lot of weeks.

Loved him last night. When he dances, I just smile. There is something about this kid that makes me want to squeeze his cheeks and feed him soup... He has an innocent quality about him that you wouldn't expect.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727;3737248;
    He's the first person to do Krump on this show (including the pro-Krumpers) that I've really liked. He just nailed it.

I like him too, so I hope he'll be around for a lot of weeks.
    I agree completely.
    When he's on stage my heart just lights up.
    I want to hug the stuffing out of him.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

My second fav guy so far......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast