+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jakob Karr - Season 6

Re: Jakob Karr - Season 6

Jakob and Ellenor were awesome last night. My favorite couple.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Who is John Galt?

The whole thing is his to lose. He is by far the best dancer, but his personality may not pull in the votes. He seems rather shy and serious. But oh can he dance. It doesn't matter who his partner is, or what choreography he is given, he is wonderful.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I agree. Jakob is definitely the best dancer in Season 6. Unfortunately, the best dancer does not always/usually win this competition. However, if Jakob does not make it to the Finale... I will be VERY disappointed.

FORT Fogey

I think he'll be in the finale, but yeah the best dance never wins the show. Didn't see season 1, so can't speak to that, but in every other season there was always a better technical dancer than the winner. However, it doesn't really seem to matter for their dance careers, as the show exposure really helps to move them to the next level.

Good luck to Jakob!

For me, Jakob is one of the best (if not the best) dancers ever on this show. His technique is just superior and he is doing well in every style he's given. Unfortunately, we all know that the best dancer usually doesn't win. Case in point: Travis, Danny and Brandon (S5). This show is often more about personality than ability. Either way, getting time on this show will help their careers immeasurably, win or lose.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I thought Jakob was amazing in the finale last night. He is definitely the best dancer this year.
    I really don't "get" Kathryn. Yes, her dancing is fine, but she doesn't have the acting/performing part for me... she's just too bland.
    I tried to vote for Jakob for an hour, but was not able to get through...
    I've got my fingers crossed for him!!
    I hope he takes Nigel's advice and joins a professional dance company.

Who is John Galt?

I think Nigel should go easy on the favoritism. It is rare if any of his favorites win. People tend to vote for someone else because of his pandering. Jakob should have won. He was by far the best dancer.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

It's not a show in which the best dancer is chosen. If it were, the public wouldn't vote, only the judges. No, it's America's Favorite Dancer. It's a mistake to confuse "best" with "favorite".

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3776800;
    I think Nigel should go easy on the favoritism. It is rare if any of his favorites win. People tend to vote for someone else because of his pandering. Jakob should have won. He was by far the best dancer.
    I agree with Marlena, but I also agree with the bold part of your statement. I honestly believe that in some seasons the 'best' could have turned out to be the 'favorite' if only we hadn't had them shoved down our throats. Kayla and Will are two that come to mind. I think it seems as if the judges are trying to sway our opinion a little too aggressively and that's a turn off.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3777695;
    I think it seems as if the judges are trying to sway our opinion a little too aggressively and that's a turn off.
    And maybe they're just gushing over truly gush-worthy dancers?

It's a shame if they're "punished" by a fickle audience, really.

Then again, I wasn't wowed by Jakob. Yes, he was a technically fantastic dancer. But he didn't resonate with me, "entertain" me as much as others.

Shrug.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast