+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jakob Karr - Season 6

FORT Fogey

Re: Jakob Karr - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3751457;
    After watching Jakob and listening to him talk, I doubt that he and Jeanine are boyfriend/girlfriend in the physical sense. His dancing is magnificent and nearly perfect. Terrific partnership with Ashlee. Just as long as he dances and doesn't talk.
    Re Jeanine and Jakob's relationship - I agree. I am sure they are just friends even though they have been "married" on Facebook (to each other) for a while.

However I disagree about him not talking. Jakob is wicked funny with a very dry sense of humor and comic timing. (As seen in his remark last week about dropping the cane: "I have no idea what you're talking about.")

He's also pretty smart, and not just a "dance-head". (In that sense he's very much like Jeanine, which may be one reason why they get along so well.)

I love watching him and Ashleigh together. Perfect chemistry

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3751490;
    Re Jeanine and Jakob's relationship - I agree. I am sure they are just friends even though they have been "married" on Facebook (to each other) for a while.

However I disagree about him not talking. Jakob is wicked funny with a very dry sense of humor and comic timing. (As seen in his remark last week about dropping the cane: "I have no idea what you're talking about.")

He's also pretty smart, and not just a "dance-head". (In that sense he's very much like Jeanine, which may be one reason why they get along so well.)
    It's his voice that I can't stand, not what he says. I agree he has a good sense of humor, but his nasally voice just grates on me like nails on a chalkboard. Sorry, just a personal opinion. I haven't seen last night's show, but I am sure he and Ashleigh did well.

FORT Fogey

How crazy good was Jakob's "Cheating, Texting Lover" hip-hop this week? Sometimes these highly trained contemp dancers can be a bit squishy when it come to street dancing. But Jakob seemed to slide effortlessly, not only into the style, but into his character as well. And this dance had as much acting / character work as a Broadway piece.

Most HH dancers will accent beats with a part of their body - shoulders, arms, hips, etc. Jakob has so much control, he was able to isolate those accents to one hip or one shoulder. He really is the perfect NappyTabs dancer, because he bring explosive percussion to the number, AND story, AND athleticism, AND add an undercurrent of grace. How about that slide across the stage on his hip, while rotating back to Ashleigh? And on his face, all you saw was the questioning look of the character - like the movement was "no big deal".

Oh, and here's a fun fact. Of the Top 20 dancers, Jakob is the second youngest (only Nathan is younger). Legacy and Ryan are almost ten years older.

AND, he has never yet danced his style during the competition. Now I really wish Mia was around to whip up something unique for him.

He's my fave, fer sure. The only thing standing in his way of winning the competition this year, imo, was taken out by illness before the competition ever started.

I really love Ellenore and Kathryn; and Legacy, Ashleigh and Ryan have been pleasant surprises. Russell has had stinktastic luck in his draw, so he'll now be lucky to make the top 4 without a change of luck. Neither Ellenore nor Kathryn have the star quality to win it this year (though I didn't think Jeanine did either even though she grew to be my favorite last year).

Jakob, however, has been nothing short of fantastic every week. And, I like the point made that he has yet to even draw his style of dance. Hadn't noticed that. He was given for a partner someone who was the alternate for even making the top ten.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3753323;
    Oh, and here's a fun fact. Of the Top 20 dancers, Jakob is the second youngest (only Nathan is younger). Legacy and Ryan are almost ten years older.
    I meant to say he is the second youngest guy in the Top 20. Mollee, Noelle, and Channing are 18.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3753323;
    How crazy good was Jakob's "Cheating, Texting Lover" hip-hop this week? Sometimes these highly trained contemp dancers can be a bit squishy when it come to street dancing. But Jakob seemed to slide effortlessly, not only into the style, but into his character as well. And this dance had as much acting / character work as a Broadway piece.

Most HH dancers will accent beats with a part of their body - shoulders, arms, hips, etc. Jakob has so much control, he was able to isolate those accents to one hip or one shoulder. He really is the perfect NappyTabs dancer, because he bring explosive percussion to the number, AND story, AND athleticism, AND add an undercurrent of grace. How about that slide across the stage on his hip, while rotating back to Ashleigh? And on his face, all you saw was the questioning look of the character - like the movement was "no big deal".

AND, he has never yet danced his style during the competition. Now I really wish Mia was around to whip up something unique for him.
    Oh, I so agree with the bolded! How awesome would that be?

Agreed. No matter how snarky she could be, when she was on she was RIGHT ON.

While Jakob dances damn near perfectly every time he steps out on that stage, he just wasn't a favorite of mine. I was waiting for that 'ah' moment and I got it last night during Sonya's piece. How I would love to see the rehearsal footage on that one. Was he even dancing with a partner because I didn't notice... I couldn't take my eyes off of him during that number. Wow.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Ahhhh. Yes, his dancing is top notch but last night he reached out and touched my heart.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast