+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Billy Bell - Season 7

FORT Fogey

Re: Billy Bell - Season 6

I'm really excited to see him dance next year!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3771090;
    Two of my favorite Billy moments from Season 6 were:
    • When Billy did his final solo in Las Vegas, and he made Adam Shankman weep.
    • Billy killing that Wade group routine in the pre-season dance special. Jakob and Nathan looked great in that number, too. But only Billy had Wade's Bob-Fosse-Meets-Michael-Jackson style down cold.
    Me too, and one more from the Mandy Moore's routine. His lines are EXCELLENT! Can you see those legs??! I didn't even notice Jakob during the top 20 special performance, to be honest.

I love Billy's final solo in Las Vegas; he used the same song from his audition...

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3734143;
    This guy is incredible. If he never danced anything but ballet, I'd be a happy woman!
    Hi,
    I am passionate when I see guys with such attitude to dancing! I adore their expression and the body work. Do you know, by any chance, if there video of him dancing available somewhere?
    Thanks
    Mark
    In my spare time I write a blog on CD Printing

FORT Fogey

Re: Billy Bell - Season 7

Billy Bell

Nickname(s): Billy
    Hometown: Palm Beach, FL
    Expertise: Contemporary
    Favorite Dancer: Andrea Miller from Gallim Dance
    School: One year at The Julliard School.
    Professional Work: Yes, I performed with Liza Minelli and Joel Grey, am a Gallim Dance Company Member and I own a dance company, the Lunge Dane Collective.
    Has worked with: Mandy Moore, Cherice Barton, Wade Robson

After making it to the Top 20 in Season Six of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE and having to leave due to illness, Billy Bell joins this season's Top 11 finalists. A graduate of The Juilliard School, he is trained in everything from Hip Hop to Classical Ballet. Bell owns the dance company Lunge Dance Creative, and considers working with Liza Minnelli and Joel Grey on "Back to Back to Broadway" one of his greatest accomplishments.

Billy Bell's bio at FOX
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 06-13-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Last season, I loved this kid. Not really feeling him this season, so far. That could change after the season gets underway but for now...not liking him nearly as much as I did in the fall. Maybe it's because we have some seriously talented guys this season whereas last season Billy stood out....?? I like that fact that in this group, he isn't a shoe-in to win it all. It seemed like last season he was going to win if he hadn't had to drop out. He got a lot of face time and press and his dancing backed it up. This season, he's going to have to work for it. That's just IMO, of course
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Mods: Photo hosted by me.

Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

I really don't know if he will be a front runner this season. I am not really into him this season either. I liked him more last season. I don't think I was ever really thrilled with him though.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Billy appearance was so prominent in Season Six. This year, they seem to be hanging back on pushing him as an early favorite. Maybe once we start voting, we will see a difference.

All in all, I would not turn down the chance to watch him perform.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

He did AMAZING solos...

FORT Regular

Billy's weakness is partner dancing, especially with women.

Where Billy is brilliant is solo dancing. He makes a beautiful ray of sunshine, a flying bird, a wisp of a cloud, a creature of nature soaring and twisting and leaping. But have him have to tell a *human* story with a woman and it falls apart.

This is where another 3 - 5 years of aging and maturing as a person and artist in general would make all the difference in the world. He may need to experience life outside of the safe bubble he's been living in to gain that depth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast