+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kathryn McCormick - Season 6

Premium Member

Kathryn McCormick - Season 6

Dance Specialty: Contemporary
    Hometown: Augusta, GA
    Currently Resides: Burbank, CA

Kathryn McCormick has been dancing for 15 years, and competed in dance team competitions during middle school and high school. With her parents’ support, she recently moved to California to pursue a career in dance. McCormick admits that before she performs she gets extremely nervous, but can’t stop dancing once the music starts.

How did it feel on the recent day with the press and photo shoot? “Ready, set, go!”

FULL NAME: KATHRYN RENEE MCCORMICK

ABOUT KATHRYN:

Kathryn started dance when she was 3 years old at The Dance Connection, which was a studio owned by her mom. Not too long after she closed her studio to attend college for nursing, Kathryn began dancing at Augusta West Dance Studio which was the studio her mom also grew up at. She quit when she was 10, after a year with no dance Kathryn decided she couldn't live without it. She resumed her training at the same studio. Her sophomore year of high school she began to take her dancing more seriously, on top of performing/competing with her "home" studio, she began attending a separate school for ballet training. After high school, at the age of 18,she moved straight to Los Angeles to begin more training and auditioning. She recently worked on a small part in the remake of Fame and is now honored to say that she is a part of SYTYCD Season 6. This is only the beginning of her journey and she can't wait to see what is in store for her on this show and in the future.
    Last edited by paridy; 10-31-2009 at 02:59 AM.

Re: Kathryn McCormick - Season 6

Tatianna part deux.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I don't get the impression she's a drama-queen nutjob like Tatianna. Just tends to let her emotions take over a bit. Once the judges talked her down, she was able to simma-down and bring her voice down from a range only dogs could hear.

I thought she was funny.

The clip of her doing the high, crying pitchy voice made me not want to watch her. I thought it was annoying and a little fake.

I'm with Fierce Critter, I thought she was hilarious. Where has the editng team been hiding this girl?

Her voice just got higher and higher and higher.

Of course there's a chance that if she keeps it up, she'll get really annoying. But I'm a Mary fan, so I can probably deal with Kathryn. I look forward to see how she dances.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Well -- after her performances, I don't really care about her high squeaking voice...

I really like this girl The number she did last night with Legacy was absolutely beautiful. I hope she sticks around for awhile!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Last night's performance with Legacy made me get over her crying voice. I think she did a great job.

FORT Newbie

I came here to post that I couldn't believe that Kathryn ended up in the bottom, but then I found her thread on the second page, with no new posts in almost a month!

I love this girl. I think she's the total package. She's beautiful, and has a beautiful quality to her movement. I think she's easily the best female dancer left this season, both technically, and in how she's adapted to different styles.

She does remind me of Tatiana, who was also the best of her season, but just never seemed to catch on with voters.

I am going to vote for this girl non-stop, from now on!

FORT Fogey

Hopefully her placement in the bottom two will galvanize her fans. She really is terrific, and I think she standout more that Noelle is gone. They really are very similar dancers in style and looks. We didn't get a chance to know these dancers enough to really distinguish them from one another.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast