+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Karen Hauer - Season 6

Premium Member

Karen Hauer - Season 6

Dance Specialty: Latin Ballroom
    Hometown: Valencia, Venezuela
    Currently Resides: Queens, NY

Karen Hauer was born in Venezuela and came to the U.S. with her parents when she was 8 years old. She has been dancing for 19 years, and currently works as a professional dancer and personal trainer.

How did it feel on the recent day with the press and photo shoot? “I’m feeling fantabulously, amazingly, extraordinarily good!”

FULL NAME: KAREN VANESSA HAUER

ABOUT KAREN:

Karen was born in Venezuela and came to the USA at 8 years old with my mom, dad, brother, and sister. Her father abandoned them a year after arriving to the U.S. Her mother raised them alone in a new country. She started dancing shortly after she was picked from a school-wide audition. She took all her feelings, emotions, and bad/good experiences and used them as fuel for her dancing.
    Last edited by paridy; 10-31-2009 at 03:00 AM.

Re: Karen Hauer - Season 6

I thought her audition with her husband was hot, hot, hot. At that point, I was hoping at least one of them would make the Top20, so I'm happy that she managed to make it through.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Regular

Does anyone else think she resembles Kim Kardashian?

She reminds me more of J-Lo!

Sorry, but I thought her solo was very weak. Based on that alone she should have been the one sent home. I hope the dancers step up their solo routines because these are not cutting it!

Quote Originally Posted by mustang03gt;3752230;
    Does anyone else think she resembles Kim Kardashian?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3752294;
    She reminds me more of J-Lo!
    I see Nicole Sherz....ingerwhatsit from the Pussycat Dolls
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

I like her so I'm hoping she'll make the top 10!

I've spent this weekend catching up, as I was way behind on this season. I know I should be asleep right now, but I still had the Top12 and Top10 shows to go. I just watched the Top12 shows, where Karen was eliminated.

She was one of my top favorites at the beginning of the annoucement of the Top20, but as time passed, she fizzled. She was a great performer, and she definitely had some really good routines. I really liked her and Kevin's car shop HH, and her tango with Nathan was fantastic. But judging from the audience reactions and from her multiple B3 appearances, I could tell that she didn't connect that well to the audience, me included. I still liked her somewhat, but after watching performance after performance, I grew to like other people a lot more than her.

Best of luck to Karen in the future, especially with the hard times she must be going through right now with her current divorce from her husband.

Anyway, I only have the Top10 to watch, and I'm all caught up! I have to say, this season is definitely a step up from last season.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread