+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ellenore Scott - Season 6

Re: Ellenore Scott - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3766309;
    I'm sorry, no I don't agree. I really liked her during her auditions. However, now I see her as flawed. Her lines are really bad, she is so choppy when she dances. As much as it pains me to say it, I think Molleeeee! was a better dancer.
    Bad lines?

http://i50.tinypic.com/10mism8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by superfly;3766315;
    To each their own, I'm not the only one who has commented on her bad lines.

She doesn't fully extended and she's choppy, there isn't alot of grace and fluidity in her lines. One picture really doesn't change the overall impression she's given during her solos throughout the season.

Bad lines and no facial expression? I really must be watching a different show.

She's choppy during her solos because that's her style. She does that on purpose; she has labeled herself "Lockerina." It's ok if you don't care for it, but I think it sets her apart from the many other same contemporary-throw yourself around, reach toward nothing, leap across the stage solos.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3766318;
    She doesn't fully extended and she's choppy, there isn't alot of grace and fluidity in her lines. One picture really doesn't change the overall impression she's given during her solos throughout the season.
    Ummm, she's not trying to be fluid in her solos. You wouldn't expect Russell to be fluid in his krump solos, would you? By the same token, why would you expect her to be fluid in her "lockerina" routines?

Only An Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by neighborhoodie;3766625;
    Bad lines and no facial expression? I really must be watching a different show.

She's choppy during her solos because that's her style. She does that on purpose; she has labeled herself "Lockerina." It's ok if you don't care for it, but I think it sets her apart from the many other same contemporary-throw yourself around, reach toward nothing, leap across the stage solos.
    Harmony is watching a different show lol . But yah I agree with superfly and neighbor. Harmony, what you failed to see is that she's unique (although people are annoyed by her quirky personality which I find "weird" lol) but if she were given choreography that required Fluidity, she do it...why? Because she's good at being an "all around" dancer/performer (per Nigel).

My opinion is that anyone who prefers Mollee's Sesame Street personality over a quirky personality has to be quite "unique" themselves

Different strokes for different folks. I'm not a fan, either. Her dancing is fine, but I don't connect with her during the performances. Maybe some of you do, but I really don't.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodelfpriest;3768206;
    Harmony is watching a different show lol . But yah I agree with superfly and neighbor. Harmony, what you failed to see is that she's unique (although people are annoyed by her quirky personality which I find "weird" lol) but if she were given choreography that required Fluidity, she do it...why? Because she's good at being an "all around" dancer/performer (per Nigel).

My opinion is that anyone who prefers Mollee's Sesame Street personality over a quirky personality has to be quite "unique" themselves
    Actually that's a bit personal, don't you think? Since nobody really knows what I see or fail to see.

I'm allowed to have an opinion of a dancer. Sorry if it differs from yours but I'm still allowed to have that opinion without having it attacked.

Anyways.

I think the reason that I am so harsh on ELLENORE (keeping it to her and not making it personal) is because I started out really liking her and rooting for her. But in my eyes, she has horrible lines and odd facial expressions and hasn't shown any growth throughout the season. Maybe I'm feeling a little let down by her since I expected such high and amazing things by her.

Not sure what other female should be in her place though since I do think that she was better than the ones who have been cut prior to her. Not sure I want to see her go any further, however.

And I agree with JavaJoe, it's something I've been saying about her since day one. She doesn't connect with the routine, the music, or the audience. There is a strong disconnect going on and she seems to dance coldly. If that makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3768281;
    There is a strong disconnect going on and she seems to dance coldly. If that makes sense?
    Makes perfect sense to me. For me, she's just following the choreography. She's not really performing.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3768304;
    Makes perfect sense to me. For me, she's just following the choreography. She's not really performing.
    Yep, me too. I guess whatever Harmony fails to see, I fail to see, too. And really, I'm over her "quirky" personality. The alien thing is over done and annoying. I, for one, wanted to see her go last week and Mollee in the finale.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by vanillalatte;3768391;
    Yep, me too. I guess whatever Harmony fails to see, I fail to see, too. And really, I'm over her "quirky" personality. The alien thing is over done and annoying. I, for one, wanted to see her go last week and Mollee in the finale.
    Ditto. I admit Ellenore set herself apart by being "different", and is certainly not interchangeable with anyone else (as were Noelle/Kathryn). But her quirky dancing just doesn't do it for me. AND, I happen to like Mollee. She did well with almost every dance, and her joyfulness in dancing made me want to watch her. I think she was somewhat underrated, especially on this board.

Unnecessary and not very nice comment. We're all entitled to like different dancers for different reasons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast