+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ashleigh Di Lello- Season 6

Premium Member

Ashleigh Di Lello- Season 6

Hometown: Orem, UT
    Currently Resides: Orem, UT

Ashleigh Di Lello graduated from Brigham Young University in Utah with a degree in political science and served as a congressional intern in Washington, D.C. She and her husband, Ryan Di Lello, used to compete against each other in local ballroom dance competitions and became dance partners a week before they were married.

How did it feel on the recent day with the press and photo shoot? “Today is a dream come true and an amazing opportunity. I’m very, very grateful, and especially grateful to be here with Ryan.

FULL NAME: ASHLEIGH INGERSOLL DI LELLO

ABOUT ASHLEIGH:

Ashleigh Di Lello began dancing at the early age of 3. After 5 years of company work in ballet, jazz, and hip hop, Ashleigh fell in love with ballroom dancing when she was 12 and became a DanceSport Junior Latin Champion and a United States Junior American Latin Finalist. At the age of 13, Ashleigh became very sick with a life-threatening illness that she would battle through for the next 4.5 years. After overcoming this illness, she suffered a serious back injury when trying to return to dance and spent the following year and a half in rehab. After an imposed six-year break, Ashleigh returned to ballroom dancing and has since become a 3-time DanceSport Amateur Latin Champion and a United States Amateur Latin Finalist. Ashleigh has performed and taught in 19 different countries and is now so excited to be in SYTYCD Season 6's Top 20 with her husband, Ryan! Ashleigh now hopes to show America her passion, love, and appreciation for dance and go all the way to the season finale!
    Last edited by paridy; 10-31-2009 at 03:03 AM.

Re: Ashleigh Di Lello- Season 6

I don't like her dancing at all.
    When Paula declined the invitation I think they should have asked another of the rejected females.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Don't like her at first, but after she danced to Tyce's broadway routine, I really like her... Just change some of her attitude, and I think she'll be okay...

FORT Fogey

I'm going to give her a chance. I get the feeling that her attitude has gotten her far in the local competition and she's actually worked on changing that.

I'm also glad she wasn't wearing that hot pink lipstick during the photo shoot.

I'm a little on the fence with her. I initially didn't like her but warmed up to her a bit once she did Tyce's choreography. We'll see.

I like her. But I feel bad for her, because in the first two weeks, the judges are making the decision on who to eliminate. We won't be able to vote for the dancers we like.

She wasn't inititally in the Top20, so I'm guessing that she'll have to work even harder to impress the judges. If she doesn't land good choreography, and if she doesn't dance her heart out, then she's as good as gone in the next two weeks.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3733967;
    I don't like her dancing at all.
    When Paula declined the invitation I think they should have asked another of the rejected females.
    I agree. If Paula had declined before they started naming the top 20, instead of them having to make a decision on who to replace Paula while in the middle of naming their top 20, I'm pretty sure it would have been someone different in that last spot.

I loved her...

Remember that this is an edited TV show. I suspect that they already knew about Paula prior to telling her that she was chosen for the top 20, and they had also already chosen to keep Ashleigh. Ashleigh may not have even been the true runner-up replacement - it could have been one of the others who were told earlier that they made the top 20. Making it seem like the announcement and the subsequent decision were spontaneous gave them two dramatic moments, which is good for TV. Pit the two ballroom dancers against each other - and make the one married to another top 20 contestant sweat it out - and you have a great TV moment.
    Last edited by brierpatch; 11-06-2009 at 09:19 AM.

FORT Fogey

There is something about her that I don't like. Her facial expressions bug me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast