+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ashleigh Di Lello- Season 6

Re: Ashleigh Di Lello- Season 6

Poor Ashleigh. I really started to like her there near the end. More than likely the injury occurred because they were having two dancers who weren't all that familiar with trick lifts trying to do one and Russell didn't grab her hands just right or she didn't grab his.

I'm not sure how I feel about how they handled this situation.

On the one hand, I like her and want to see her in the finale before Mollee or Ellenore but on the other if it had been any other dancer I probably would have cried FOUL! So, as much as it pains me to say it, I think she should be eliminated.

It's only fair.

It was how I felt about Noelle, that she shouldn't have been allowed to carry on like that while another girl was sent home. So I can't in good conscious feel that way about her and think it's ok for Ashleigh to stay.

It really stinks though, her personality and joy when she was on that stage won me over. I wish her the best.

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3764899;
    Don't be too guilty for voting Ashleigh. This happen with Noelle before, and she got through. Same goes for Jessi from season 3. The lines are open, so call it. lol. I read Ashleigh's twitter and facebook; I thought she was going to perform despite the injury, and I think she really forced herself... perhaps until the doctor stepped in. The determination was admirable, really... but it's such a shame that the injury got the better of her... *sigh* I wish her all the best.

The winner is called "America's favorite dancer" for a reason; that people vote for the dancer, despite how they perform.

The only dancers I enjoyed watching were Jakob, Ryan and Legacy, and Ashleigh is the only girl I love seeing. I don't care for the others, really. and it's kinda telling that Jakob's gonna win...

I really hope Ashleigh and Ryan will go through next week. I'm more excited about seeing the husband/wife dance than anything else. I don't even care who wins in the end...
    In actuality it wasn't done for Jessi. No one was allowed to vote for her; she was automatically placed in the with the bottom three to dance for her life and then unceremoniously dumped.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Once they reach the top 10 they no longer do the "Dance for Your Life" for the judges. The outcome is totally based on the voting numbers, and the dance is just filler to stretch the show out for the hour. Ashleigh couldn't dance for her life in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3765787;
    In actuality it wasn't done for Jessi. No one was allowed to vote for her; she was automatically placed in the with the bottom three to dance for her life and then unceremoniously dumped.
    ^ heh... I forgot. It was like ages ago. Thanks...

Does anyone think it is strange that she didn't mention Ryan at all in her "farewell speech"?
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

I thought it was very strange, particularly since Ryan mentioned her. Wonder what's going on there ?

FORT Fogey

Jakob was asked this morning what it was like working with Ashleigh. He said:

Working with Ashleigh I think was really the best thing that happened to me the whole time. Her spirit and what she brings when she's performing is something that I've never really been around before, because she is so humble, and she's so at peace with herself at all times, and it was really inspiring. And, of course, I loved dancing with her because she's such a great performer, and she's really an amazing dancer.

...of course loved dancing my style... But my real favorite of the whole season was when I got to do a cha-cha with Ashleigh. And I say that because, not only was it the most challenging for me--it really put me out of my comfort zone, and then some--but it was the first time I got to do her style, and she is so incredible at what she does, and getting to see her do that really inspired me. And she did everything in her power to bring me up to her level, and make sure that I wasn't going to be left in her dust. And it was a great, great experience."

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3771246;
    Does anyone think it is strange that she didn't mention Ryan at all in her "farewell speech"?
    I didn't even notice. It's clear that they love each other very much. Her "Perfect!" response to how it was to dance together on Tuesday, pretty much says it!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I think at that point, Ashleigh probably knew that the "married couple" storyline was getting a little old. Everyone who watches this show already knows how they feel about each other and how great it was for the two of them to experience this whole process together. She didn't have to mention it again, especially since Cat already mentioned it for her.

Jakob's words about Ashleigh are very sweet. I loved Ashleigh and Jakob together. They were by far the best couple this season.

In all, I'm really happy with her placement. I would have liked to have seen her place in the Top4, but putting things into perspective, it's amazing to see that she even got to 5th place. She had to overcome many obstacles, and I think her getting paired with Jakob allowed her to do so. Like I said before, they were great together. Some may argue that he carried her to the Top10, but I would have to disagree. It was obvious that she had built a fanbase of her own, as she had avoided the B2 throughout the whole competition. Yeah, she got injured at a crucial time, but I don't think it was sympathy votes that mainly got her through--it was her performance.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I didn't notice the fact that she didn't mentioned Ryan. I think of these two, Ryan's the more sensitive one and it's really great to see a husband caring for his wife the way Ryan is with Ashleigh. A friend of Ryan who created a Ryan & Ashleigh's page on facebook requested people to vote for Ashleigh, cause Ryan is willing to sacrifice his vote for Ashleigh. I'm relieved that they're not competitive towards one another like some couples tend to.

Anyways... I'm really disappointed to see Ashleigh in 5th place; she should be above Ellenore! But I'm not at all sad that she didn't win. She got into the final and proved that she can dance. I love watching her dance, really. I just HATED the fact that the judges seem to be MORE in favor of contemporary dancers than Ballroom dancers. Ashleigh did WAY better in other styles compare to how the Contemporary did when they danced to Ashleigh's style, really.

Out of all the fiasco that has been happing in this season, I enjoyed seeing Ashleigh's transformation the most and seeing the first married couple on the show dancing together. By dancing together, I meant to the JIVE not the contemporary. They're GREAT when they're dancing together in their style, they're really comfortable dancing there. I can't help grinning like a maniac everytime I watch the video (yeah, I watched it a LOT of time).

I wanna see Ryan and Ashleigh on Dancing with the Stars. They already have 2 married couples there, and one engaged couple. It would be nice to see one more married couples in the show.

I've found a video of Ryan and Ashleigh performing Paso Doble. They're magnificent! See HERE.
    Last edited by kiariclois; 12-18-2009 at 12:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast