+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ashleigh Di Lello- Season 6

Re: Ashleigh Di Lello- Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3758412;
    I'm sorry, I don't really see this. They have shown her hugging others and she just strikes me as a very warm person who likes to hug. I also think theirs is the best partnership this season and they are close friends. I haven't seen anything that I would consider over the top or a disrespect to Ryan.

I've seen Ryan hugging others as well, I'm just not sure that he and Ellenore are that close and their lack of hugging and stuff has more to do with a lack of closeness (that comes across very clearly in their dancing) than anything else.

Agree though that Ashleigh is a lovely dancer, didn't think I'd like her as much as I would but she's fast becoming a personal favorite and her Cha Cha...just wow. Had to watch it more than once.
    You know... I really think the Di Lellos are the nicest people in the show. I dunno... but they're really warm towards others ever since the Vegas weeks if you really look into the screen for them (even when the video wasn't focusing on them, you'll see them at the background).

and I agree. Ashleigh evolve as a dancer...

Only An Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;3758377;
    What bugs me about these two is that she is "all" over him after their dances and I wonder how Ryan feels about this.
    Jakob IMO is probably gay. I think that's probably why she comes across affectionate because it's safe to do that with gay guys if your a girl.

^^That's what I thought too. hehe

Ding, Ding, Ding!! ^^^ We have a winner! (just to say I agree)

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodelfpriest;3758895;
    Jakob IMO is probably gay. I think that's probably why she comes across affectionate because it's safe to do that with gay guys if your a girl.
    Duh! I think the probably part is an understatement, my gaydar went off as soon as he opened his mouth. Yeah, I am sure Ryan does not feel threatened at all with Jakob as her partner. However, when the partners change and another guy (like Legacy) cuddles her his tolerance might change. But, c'mon if you are going to be a dancer or actor, you have to be aware and tolerant of the interaction between your mate and her partner.

^^ true. lol

I loved that Ashleigh calls all her fans "friends" instead of fans. I added her facebook and constantly read her status.

She also mentioned that her whole body is swollen. Poor girl... The recent contemporary is such an athletic routine... It's like watching gymnastic show. lol

I've been really behind on this season, hence why I haven't been participating in discussion lately. But I have been trying to catch up today (I watched Top18, Top16, and Top14 today). I don't want to read the posts, since I don't want to be spoiled, but I just wanted to say that Ashleigh is my favorite. I liked her before the Top20, because it seemed no one had faith in her. It made me feel kind of sorry for her. But I also liked seeing that growth in her during Vegas Week, particularly during the Broadway routine.

Now I'm at the Top14, and I'm really happy for her. I don't know about the fans, but she has really turned the judges' opinion on her. I love her story arc about how she has had many doubters, and now she's proving them wrong. I don't know if she'll win (heck, I don't know if she has been eliminated in the Top12 or Top10 shows already), but I would love to see her make it very far.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I'm sad that she couldn't perform tonight. I already voiced this in the discussion thread tonight, but she has been placed in a hard position with her injury. If she makes it through, people are either going to be angered or glad.

People can possibly be a little mad because she would be getting through without having to dance, even though the other three girls performed tonight. This brings me back to Noelle during the very first week--I felt so bad for Ariana getting eliminated, when Noelle didn't dance.

On the other hand, people can possibly be glad if she were to make it through since she didn't have any control over her situation. As she said, she begged the doctor to let her dance, but he or she wouldn't budge.

Personally, I'm kind of stuck. I felt a little guilty calling her number tonight, since another girl would have leave for her expense. But at the same time, I don't want to see my favorite leave. We'll just see how it turns out.

But looking at the clips of her rehearsal time, she looked like she would have done pretty well in both routines.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I feel like I'm following you around this forum, CG!

I was really disappointed that Ashleigh couldn't dance tonight, not only because I think she's one of the strongest girls in the competition, but because I really wanted to see her dance with Russell, who I adore. Just from the clips we saw of rehearsal, it's clear they had good chemistry.

I don't want her to be eliminated either. For me, she's been the surprise of the season. She only got into the top 20 because someone else dropped out and it seemed that no one had very high hopes for her. She's done nothing but excel in every style. That cane dance with Jakob is still one of my favorite routines of the season. As long as she will be healthy enough to dance full out next week, I want her to stay. I'd hate for her to make it through only to NOT be able to dance in the finals.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Don't be too guilty for voting Ashleigh. This happen with Noelle before, and she got through. Same goes for Jessi from season 3. The lines are open, so call it. lol. I read Ashleigh's twitter and facebook; I thought she was going to perform despite the injury, and I think she really forced herself... perhaps until the doctor stepped in. The determination was admirable, really... but it's such a shame that the injury got the better of her... *sigh* I wish her all the best.

The winner is called "America's favorite dancer" for a reason; that people vote for the dancer, despite how they perform.

The only dancers I enjoyed watching were Jakob, Ryan and Legacy, and Ashleigh is the only girl I love seeing. I don't care for the others, really. and it's kinda telling that Jakob's gonna win...

I really hope Ashleigh and Ryan will go through next week. I'm more excited about seeing the husband/wife dance than anything else. I don't even care who wins in the end...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast