+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10/14 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fan

Re: 10/14 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I will tell you why people cry....

Most of them have trained since they were little untold hours everyday. Their life's dream is to dance. Here comes this amazing show that showcases all styles and you get to work with famous choreographers. It's truly a dream come true. Most dancers I have known would do it for free, or pay what they could to do it.

So they get to Las Vegas where they are then immersed in this around the clock. They're exhausted, exhilirated and complete nervous wrecks. Dancers for the caliber of this show do dance with their emotions as well, not just the steps, that's a lot of emotion they're putting out there. They want this more than anything in this world. They started auditioning this summer, so this has been a months long obsession. Not a day long audition. If they were smart they started taking classes in all genre's to prepare.

Can you imagine standing on that stage while that judges table analyze you if you're good enough?

I totally get why they cry if they get cut or make it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;3728065;
    As for the top 20, I'd almost wish there was one episode dedicated to showing them dance, maybe their last solos, I just feel that it would put them on a more even playing level. (did I say the correctly?)
    Agreed. I hope that's what next week is - choosing the top 20 and then profiling them. Although really, an hour of choosing the top 20 is WAY too long. They could waste less time with the drama and do a 1 min or so feature on each of the top 20 as they find out they made it.

I also forgot to say - not only do I not see the hype over Legacy, I'm beginning to find him INCREDIBLY annoying. And Ashley the ballroom dancer is growing on me - she's gotten rid of some of her over-the-top facial expressions.

To the person who said Mollee messed up the group routine - I really think she wanted to dance through as best she could (and only she would have looked bad if she couldn't handle it in the end) but the others were insistent that she "take it easy". It seemed to me that THEY messed up that dance more than she did, although I agree the dance itself was pathetic.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3728252;
    I also forgot to say - not only do I not see the hype over Legacy, I'm beginning to find him INCREDIBLY annoying.
    I REALLY hope that Legacy does not make the top 20. His jazz? routine that they showed last night was AWFUL. And he even said himself last week that he really has a hard time with following choreography... that bboys are supposed to be unique, so he isn't good doing what someone else tells him to do. He should go take some classes in some other styles and come back next year. I don't think he has a HOPE of winning this year, so he would be better off waiting and getting some more training.
    On a positive note, things are looking pretty good for Mollee Gray. I hope she makes the top 20... only 17 girls left right now so her odds are pretty good. I also hope that young krumper makes it - he has been doing awesomely with the choreography, and seems to have a good personality - I think he really deserves to make it. I think the guy who made Adam cry (don't know his name) will make it - if you can make a judge cry with your solo, I think you should automatically get in!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3728254;
    I think the guy who made Adam cry (don't know his name) will make it - if you can make a judge cry with your solo, I think you should automatically get in!
    I think that was Billy Bell and I definitely think he'll be in.

Is there an "official" list of the top 38 anywhere now that they have been chosen?

Yay Russell!! I'm so glad he's made it this far, hope he keeps on trucking and gets on the show.

Legacy? Is full of you know what. There have been other BBoys on this show who managed to remain unique while still be able to take direction from somebody else and follow choreography. Sounds to me like he just has an excuse handy for when he gets cuts.

Iveta....you think her age and the fact that she looks 10 years older than her stated age had anything to do with her getting cut? Maybe Nigel decided she wasn't hot enough to draw in the ticket buyers for the tour. I wish she had made it. I would have loved seeing her and Russell as partners, they had great chemistry during their audition routine.

Mollee does nothing for me, at least not what I've seen of her. Pretty smile though. So not moved either way about her.

Click to see Spoiler:
    For the person who posted that they thought Paula would make it. There is a spoiler out that Paula VanOppen gets cut. Who knows for sure. I believe it may even be posted in the spoiler thread here.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3728267;
    Mollee does nothing for me, at least not what I've seen of her. Pretty smile though. So not moved either way about her.
    I like Mollee because of her "cuteness" factor. I don't know if she's technically a great dancer or not, I just enjoy watching her because she is like sunshine and youthfulness personified. However, she is very "Disney" and I'm not sure if that is what Nigel is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3728250;

I never did see Megan Kinney get cut, but I'm pretty sure she wasn't in the top 38. I wonder why they didn't show her at all?

Megan got cut last week.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Oh poopy..... I liked Iveta, and I was hoping for more ballroom dancers to get through.... I do like Russell also.....Waiting to see who makes top 20...

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I totally get why EVERYBODY cries on this show.

I'm not a professional dancer, but I wanted to be. I have been involved in other artistic pursuits that involve a heavy emotional investment.

I get why Adam Shankman was so emotional - even if Billy Bell didn't quite affect me the same way. I got why Mia threw her pen. I got why legacy wept - and he endeared himself to me all the more for it.

I get why all of these people feel the emotions so strongly. Why they're so affected. It affects me, too, and I am pretty far removed from each and every one of them.

Like my tagline says, "living vicariously through RT." That should more accurately read "...through SYTYCD." Dancer at heart, if never in practice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123