+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/7 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/7 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3721731;
    I really do not see the hype over Legacy and hope he gets cut. Was sad to see Ryan K go but he just seemed "off" this year. Or maybe he was trying too hard.
    Yes, and yes. "Legacy" really didn't impress me that much on his first appearance, and even less this week; I did not understand why he was allowed another solo--which wasn't all that good to me. If he makes the top 20 I hope he's like the guy who 'danced for his life' and made it through only to be the first of the top 20 cut.
    As for Ryan, he seemed really angry this season for some reason--nothing he said or did, just thew way he looked every time he got a little criticism. He actually looked happier when he was calling Evan to say he wasn't going through--wonder why. Anyway, I think Ryan should concentrate more on choreography; he really shines there, and as much as I really, really hate to say it, he really is distractingly short when he's dancing anything other than a solo. (Dodges the rocks!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3721965;
    Thanks for the tip, but I'm the one who put the spoilers about her in there! However, the spoilers about her don't go much further than what we've seen as of last night. I haven't been able to find anything about the top 20 except that it doesn't appear they've been selected yet. The thought is that it will happen the week before the top 20 show airs. If that's true, they will find out next week.

For anyone who likes Ellenore but doesn't look at the spoiler thread, she has her own website. There isn't much to it, but it's ellenorescott dot com.

I also was disappointed about Teddy. LOVED his audition. I hope he works on whatever he was weak in for next season.
    DUH! Sorry - didn't realize it was you. And I swore it said she made top 20 - but I was just having a hallucination, I guess!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3722054;
    Yes, and yes. "Legacy" really didn't impress me that much on his first appearance, and even less this week; I did not understand why he was allowed another solo--which wasn't all that good to me. If he makes the top 20 I hope he's like the guy who 'danced for his life' and made it through only to be the first of the top 20 cut.
    As for Ryan, he seemed really angry this season for some reason--nothing he said or did, just thew way he looked every time he got a little criticism. He actually looked happier when he was calling Evan to say he wasn't going through--wonder why. Anyway, I think Ryan should concentrate more on choreography; he really shines there, and as much as I really, really hate to say it, he really is distractingly short when he's dancing anything other than a solo. (Dodges the rocks!)
    He did seem angry. I kind of think maybe he was fighting back tears. That would explain the stony expression.

I also don't understand why Legacy got to dance for his life when he clearly sucks at everything but his own style...yet...Ryan (who they KNOW can do the other dances...they seen it last season) and the cute little guy with the funky pants didn't. If they did, they didn't show it, but really...I can't see them not keeping those two if they had to dance for their life. This season seems weird to me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I was disappointed to see Ryan go. I was hoping he'd do well. It seems like he was better last season. I have to agree his phone call to Evan was weird.

Harmony, your post had me laughing out loud. It was great and too true. Sad as it is to admit, I can't disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3722550;
    I was disappointed to see Ryan go. I was hoping he'd do well. It seems like he was better last season. I have to agree his phone call to Evan was weird.

Harmony, your post had me laughing out loud. It was great and too true. Sad as it is to admit, I can't disagree.
    LOL thanks, I was wondering if anybody saw that.

I think Ryan was mad because he knew he was being used. You could see it when he was sitting in the audience as well during last season, every now and then he'd have this ticked off look on his face before he remembered to smile.

He did seem almost relieved in that phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3722547;
    I also don't understand why Legacy got to dance for his life when he clearly sucks at everything but his own style...yet...Ryan (who they KNOW can do the other dances...they seen it last season) and the cute little guy with the funky pants didn't. If they did, they didn't show it, but really...I can't see them not keeping those two if they had to dance for their life. This season seems weird to me.
    To me, and it's probably due to watching this show since S1, it becomes more and more apparent when the judges are trying to specifically "cast" a certain genre. I read somewhere (on this board I think) that Legacy knows/has worked with one of the dancers/choreos from the show in the past and I think he's getting a pass because of who he knows and because Uncle Nigel wants to fill the "hip hopper spot".

I have never understood why some got to dance for their lives and others got cut without a second glance. I believe the same thing happened with Natalee during last season's H'wood week. It would have been great to see Teddy do his solo thing one more time.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3722611;
    To me, and it's probably due to watching this show since S1, it becomes more and more apparent when the judges are trying to specifically "cast" a certain genre. I read somewhere (on this board I think) that Legacy knows/has worked with one of the dancers/choreos from the show in the past and I think he's getting a pass because of who he knows and because Uncle Nigel wants to fill the "hip hopper spot".
    The show said it when he first auditioned. He worked with Lauren at some point doing choreography for the show.

Thanks for the reminder Harmony. I was having major brain f@rt trying to remember
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3722611;
    I have never understood why some got to dance for their lives and others got cut without a second glance. I believe the same thing happened with Natalee during last season's H'wood week. It would have been great to see Teddy do his solo thing one more time.
    I was very upset about that with Natalie last year. It was ridiculous.

And I totally believe it was done for dramatic effect. To have her perform so brilliantly during the rehearsal for the Jazz piece, then get cut for underperforming it - and NOT get the chance to "dance for her life" was just ludicrous. I totally believe she was sacrificed to "teach the others" an unnecessary lesson.

Teddy should have been given the chance to dance for his life as well.

Just plain stupid.

I was sorry to hear Ryan didn't make top 20 this year. But I really, really hope Bianca makes it. Adding a tapper to the cast would be great.

I'm not sure here, but wasn't the Vegas part for S6 being held while S5 was taking place during the summer? If so...maybe Ryan was PO'd at how Evan was being treated by the judges (esp Nigel). He was probably relieved at that point not to be going through the same wringer.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast