+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/7 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fan

Re: 10/7 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3721658;
    Oh man, you guys are making me nervous. I didn't stay up late enough to watch the previews for next week, sobbing? Please please please let it be tears of joy because he got picked. I'm going to be really ticked off if he doesn't make it and kicking myself because I KNOW better than to select a favorite this early in the game.
    I love Russell, but they were definitely NOT tears of joy. I think he was even saying something about it being hard... I'm hoping he was frustrated trying to learn the dances but pulled it together in time to stick around.

Russell, Ivetta...and one of the ballet guys.....maybe the same sex ballroom dancer. I'd be interested in seeing him and Ivetta doing a dance together. I love the way he moves.
    And a tapper. I'd like to see Bianca, but I think there's a male tapper still around also - his name might be Philip something?

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3721695;
    I'm starting to understand more why so many contemporary dancers make top 20. The odd styles (B-Boy, New Orleans Bounce, etc) just don't seem to have had much training, and can't adjust to the new styles fast enough. It's still a shame, though. Some dancers who were absolutely terrific in their own styles went home last night.
    I agree that there are a lot of people who are amazing in their own styles that just don't adapt well, and that is really too bad. I hope that some of them will go take some classes in some other styles, and come back to audition again next year. That New Orleans Bounce style is really fun isn't it?
    PLEASE let there be more ballroom dancers in the Top 20 this year!!! I just love the way they carry themselves. It really adds something to their dancing, even when they do other styles. I think a few male ballet dancers would be awesome too.
    It sure would be nice if the contemporary dancers were a minority, not the majority this year.
    p.s. I think Legacy is going to get cut (he even admitted that he can't do choreography).

To the Point

I'm starting to understand more why so many contemporary dancers make top 20. The odd styles (B-Boy, New Orleans Bounce, etc) just don't seem to have had much training, and can't adjust to the new styles fast enough. It's still a shame, though. Some dancers who were absolutely terrific in their own styles went home last night.
    That's a huge part of the problem. You would think some of these folks would run, not walk, to a studio and get some other instruction knowing what's required on this show. While I realize you can't learn everything you need to know that way, I do think that it would definitely be a benefit to those with less/no formal training.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I missed a couple of the audition shows, so I don't know if Ellenore Scott had been shown before. I loved her! She just has to make the top 20. I wonder if they've been chosen yet. We won't find out until 10/21.

I really do not see the hype over Legacy and hope he gets cut. Was sad to see Ryan K go but he just seemed "off" this year. Or maybe he was trying too hard.

HATED seeing funkypants Teddy get cut. I think he would have added a lot to the Top 20.

Looking forward to the group routines. That's my favorite part of Vegas week and hope they don't gloss over it like last season.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3721725;
    I missed a couple of the audition shows, so I don't know if Ellenore Scott had been shown before. I loved her! She just has to make the top 20. I wonder if they've been chosen yet. We won't find out until 10/21.
    Go take a peek at one of the last posts in the season spoiler thread. She's mentioned there.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

I notice that while they pimped Ryan a ton, they are hardly showing Megan Kinney at all. I liked her in season 5, but she was just part of a montage in her audition city and I haven't seen her at Vegas at all. Is she even still there?
    I believe she was the cute blond who gave Ryan a long hug at the end there. We've seen glimpses of her.

I don't understand these people who say they've been wanting to try out for this show and had to wait till they were old enough and then they only know how to dance their own style.

Come on now! This is the SIXTH season, we all know how this works.

Chart to success on SYTYCD

1: Take classes in other styles
    2: Have a sob story (or be crazy)
    3: Bring a huge personality (a skimpy outfit is a plus if you are a girl)
    4: Practice picking up routines within 1 hour (focus on hip hop, ballroom, contemporary, and broadway)
    5: Have solos for each week of the show along with a couple for the auditions handy. Each should be different (and include a skimpy outfit)
    6: Have tons of skimpy outfits and be sure to make eye contact with Nigel while flipping your hair and smiling.

VIOLA! Instant Top 20.

OK...seriously......some of this is a no brainer and it frustrates me every season seeing that the kids are so unprepared.

For those who come from the streets and have no money? You can make a deal, I'd be knocking on every dance studio in town and offering to clean for them in exchange for lessons. You will find one who wants to help an aspiring dancer, these are artists...they tend to have huge hearts.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I "accidentally" read the spoilers thread before i realized (duh) that it was REALLY a spoilers therad. So I already knew Ryan didn't make it. But he was really weird and weak last night, not like he was auditioning for Season 5, where he was pretty darn good.

I was, however, terribly terribly disappointed to see Teddy NOT make it.

I was amazed at how well the krumper did. Ivetta, however, really does look oddly old for 29. My husband caught sight of her and thought she was in her 40's. Good dancer, but can you see her doing hip hop convincingly?
    Last edited by Fierce Critter; 10-08-2009 at 12:19 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3721811;
    I "accidentally" read the spoilers thread before i realized (duh) that it was REALLY a spoilers therad. So I already knew Ryan didn't make it. But he was really weird and weak last night, not like he was auditioning for Season 5, where he was pretty darn good.

I was, however, terribly terribly disappointed to see Teddy NOT make it.

I was amazed at how well the krumper did. Ivetta, however, really does look oddly old for 29. My husband caught sight of her and thought she was in her 40's. Good dancer, but can you see her doing hip hop convincingly?
    I have also read the spoilers thread (accidentally on purpose ) so I knew about Ryan. I'm still sad to see him go, but there's no question he wasn't having a good day(s). I'm glad that he's out because of his own dancing, and not because of a backlash against Evan.

I was sad about Teddy too, and I wish they'd shown us where he messed up. I believe they showed his hip hop and it was good, so maybe he couldn't handle the ballroom?

I agree about Ivetta. I also think her smile is kind of plastered on, but she's a GREAT dancer. As for the hip hop, that's why I wish they would have showed it. She must have been decent, or she wouldn't have even been around for the ballroom dancing, but I would have loved to see her. So far they've really only featured her in her own style.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3721737;
    Go take a peek at one of the last posts in the season spoiler thread. She's mentioned there.
    Thanks for the tip, but I'm the one who put the spoilers about her in there! However, the spoilers about her don't go much further than what we've seen as of last night. I haven't been able to find anything about the top 20 except that it doesn't appear they've been selected yet. The thought is that it will happen the week before the top 20 show airs. If that's true, they will find out next week.

For anyone who likes Ellenore but doesn't look at the spoiler thread, she has her own website. There isn't much to it, but it's ellenorescott dot com.

I also was disappointed about Teddy. LOVED his audition. I hope he works on whatever he was weak in for next season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast