+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/7 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/7 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Buh-bye to Ryan. I hope they bring him back as a choreographer, because I think that's where his major talent is.

Gah, I hate when they fall apart like this. I just want to see the dancing. I don't care about the sob stories, I don't care about the melt downs. Now I want Legacy gone, thanks show for letting me see that, I hope he manages to recapture my interest because I did like him at first.

He doesn't have the same cockiness he had during his audition and for me that was the biggest part of his appeal. Good dancing but I didn't think it was his best effort. I also think there are better B-Boys this season and he wasn't anywhere near on beat.

Awww crazy pants got cut (Teddy), Skip (New Orleans Bounce) got cut, Ryan (don't care much about him going) got cut.....so are they going to cut all the dancers they showed during the previews last season? Nice.

Premium Member

Did Ryan say if he will try out next year? I know Skip says he will.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I kept thinking that I really want Ryan to get a facial! Guys so seldom think about things like that.

(Well...his dancind wasn't impressing me, so I had to go on to something else.)

I think there are waaaay too many acrobatics in some of these dancers. This is not Acrobatics-R-Us.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I don't usually watch the auditions because that brings back too many memories of auditioning for stage plays--but I caught Russell's work.

Wow--really good! I hope it makes it through to the show--he obviously is a very fast learner--and I love watching him dance no matter what the style.

And--yay Louis Von A! So good to see him dance even if it's only to show someone else how to dance.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3721483;
    Thanks for letting me know what his name is, I didn't want to keep calling him "the Krumper" sounds like a super hero who uses donuts to fight crime... lol

loving Russell,

loved the auditions this year,

loving Russell, he reminds me of Busta Rhymes, not just the look but the personality.

I really hope Russell makes it to the top 20 too, but I caught a clip of him sobbing in the previews (I hope they are not dumb enough to cut someone that talented, but, then again, I often disagree with the judges (who sometimes pick people with personalities that they like over talent)).

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3721474;
    What was her name Edyta? Something like that. I just remember that she is 29 because when I saw that I groaned (another season of hearing how ancient she is...sighs). Assuming she makes it through.
    Ivetta. If she's that good of a teacher, she needs to be on DWTS's.

Russel impressed me. He did really well. BUT in next weeks previews they showed him sobbing. I'm hoping it's from exhaustion or nerves and not because they cut him. I'll be very disappointed if they cut him.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Oh man, you guys are making me nervous. I didn't stay up late enough to watch the previews for next week, sobbing? Please please please let it be tears of joy because he got picked. I'm going to be really ticked off if he doesn't make it and kicking myself because I KNOW better than to select a favorite this early in the game.

Ivetta....pretty name. Hope she makes it.

I'll be ok with them cutting Legacy to keep Russell. Love his personality and dancing better anyways, if it comes to that, just so they can have their 17 out of 20 contemporary dancers. Russell, Ivetta...and one of the ballet guys.....maybe the same sex ballroom dancer. I'd be interested in seeing him and Ivetta doing a dance together. I love the way he moves.

If this is another season with 85% of the dancers being contemporary? I may have to bow out. Ratings aren't all that great this time around and I think this will be the last time they do a show in the fall. Hopefully the lower ratings will make them rethink some of their contestant selections and make them realize that most of us want to see dancers who do something other than contemporary on this show. (One can dream, right?)

FORT Fan

I haven't read any of the other comments yet, but just posting my thoughts:

I'm so glad we finally made it to Vegas! I've had enough of audition cities.

at Ryan being gone. I love him, but I think he got too nervous and wasn't bringing the right emotion to the ballroom dance. In a field like that, you've really got to be on, and he wasn't.

I am LOVING the blond Russian ballroom dancer. She's terrific! I wish they had shown her doing the hip-hop round. If she is good at other styles, she should definitely make top 20.

Krumper(?) Russell was great last night. I hope he sticks around.

I know Bianca was still around when Ryan left (she gave him a hug) but I didn't see her after that. I like her a lot and hope she'll make it.

I notice that while they pimped Ryan a ton, they are hardly showing Megan Kinney at all. I liked her in season 5, but she was just part of a montage in her audition city and I haven't seen her at Vegas at all. Is she even still there?

I'm starting to understand more why so many contemporary dancers make top 20. The odd styles (B-Boy, New Orleans Bounce, etc) just don't seem to have had much training, and can't adjust to the new styles fast enough. It's still a shame, though. Some dancers who were absolutely terrific in their own styles went home last night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast