+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 9/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I'm not getting into this season. I think I'm having some sort of dance fatigue, with this season starting off when S5 just ended. Only the completely original or the completely amazing dances are impressing me.

For example, I loved Skip's New Orleans Bounce audition. I was bouncing right along with him. And I also liked Kimalee's Theater Arts audition. Those lifts were spectacular. Two very original auditions.

But other than those select few original/amazing auditions, I think S5 has been better so far. And I disliked S5, so that says a lot.

As for sob stories, I've watched so much reality TV that I'm pretty much unaffected whenever one gets featured in an episode. But Diana's story touched me, so much. I think it's because her grandpa's death was so recent; he died right after she left. And then that "He left right in time for a front seat" line? Man! That tugged at my heart strings! This is one of the few sob stories that has gotten to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3715470;
    (Caveat: There are some that are shown in the audition round that make it through Vegas and then are given a huge and unfair advantage over the nearly invisible ones. But that's not the majority, the majority of those shown are cut...I know this because I wind up liking them only to get ticked off when they get cut which is why this year I refuse to select a favorite pre-top 20 reveal.)
    This has long been a complaint of mine. Every single season, I type at least one post to complain about how unfair it is to the Top20ers who received no airtime at all.

But EW recently focused on the new Fall TV schedule in their Sept. 18 issue. They had a snippet about SYTYCD, and it said that Nigel said that they would be having an episode dedicated to introducing all of the Top20! This will be an episode without votes; it'll just be a "get to know" kind of episode.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3717459;
    But EW recently focused on the new Fall TV schedule in their Sept. 18 issue. They had a snippet about SYTYCD, and it said that Nigel said that they would be having an episode dedicated to introducing all of the Top20! This will be an episode without votes; it'll just be a "get to know" kind of episode.
    Really? And it took them how many seasons of the fans complaining to finally do this? Oh well, better late than never. I'm looking forward to seeing this episode.

I've read/heard that they have not filmed the top 20 episode and won't do it till right before they air the selection results. While it's driving me CRAZY not knowing before hand who is in the top 20, I'm sort of liking that they seem to be trying to level the playing field a bit more this season.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3717188;
    Wonder what she has on the producers?
    She doesn't bother everybody. I like Mary. I easily get over the minor irritation her screams have on me. They're just not that big a deal when everything else is taken into consideration.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345