+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 9/23 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: 9/23 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Ahh. Thanks, Bug.

Quote Originally Posted by bug91;3710341;
    Speaking of Tyce -- if you have the chance to see the incredible documentary "Every Little Step" (about casting the 2006 revival of A Chorus Line), go. Tyce auditions but does not get the role. Much of the personality we saw last night was evident in the movie.
    I just got to see this movie on Sunday. It was fun to see Tyce and interesting to see how his ego got in the way of his audition. I had the impression that he was the leading contender for the role and then got carried away in the final audition and got a little out of control with his dancing and lost out.

There was one fascinating scene where he was talking about how it was no big deal; he'd done his best, and however it turned out was just fine (but said in a very cocky way). And then someone came up and told him that he'd gotten a callback, and the facade broke for a second, and you could see how desperately he wanted the role.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I haven't seen Every Little Step yet, but I'm definitely going to rent it asap.

Did Tyce audition for the role of Mike? That's the one I'd think he's the right type for although I've always pictured Benjy Schwimmer doing a great job with Mike in the "I Can Do That" number.

It's great to see such contiuity here with father and daughter Jacques and Charlotte D'Amboise contributing so much. Charlotte is also married to Terrence Mann who played Larry in the original movie.

If anyone is not familiar with the superb career of Jacques D'Amboise in ballet, you may remember him better as brother Ephraim in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers or as Louise's starlight ballet partner in Carousel. Sorry for gushing, but I've always loved his work.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Yes, Tyce auditioned for the role of Mike. The intermingling of the original audio tapes that led to the original story of A Chorus Line and the audition process for the revival is so well done. I hope you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3711366;
    I haven't seen Every Little Step yet, but I'm definitely going to rent it asap.

Did Tyce audition for the role of Mike? That's the one I'd think he's the right type for although I've always pictured Benjy Schwimmer doing a great job with Mike in the "I Can Do That" number.

It's great to see such contiuity here with father and daughter Jacques and Charlotte D'Amboise contributing so much. Charlotte is also married to Terrence Mann who played Larry in the original movie.

If anyone is not familiar with the superb career of Jacques D'Amboise in ballet, you may remember him better as brother Ephraim in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers or as Louise's starlight ballet partner in Carousel. Sorry for gushing, but I've always loved his work.
    It was cool to see Jacques D'Amboise and his daughter in the movie, but I'm confused. Did he play a role in A Chorus Line, or are you just talking about the fact that it's nice that his daughter was also a dancer/performer?

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3709848;
    With the possible exception of the ultra-clever Tom Bergeron, Cat Deeley really IS the best reality host on the air. The kind of stuff like her doing the "Pahk the Cahr" nonsense is the stuff MOST people would be too uptight to do, but she makes hay out of it.

Its funny that she comes from such a generally uptight country. I think that's why she's probably become a much bigger success here than there--she's an American sense of humor trapped in an English body.
    Umm... isn't Cat Australian, not English? Australians know how to party hard and have fun.

Actually, I take that back. I'm confused. She is English.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3711580;
    It was cool to see Jacques D'Amboise and his daughter in the movie, but I'm confused. Did he play a role in A Chorus Line, or are you just talking about the fact that it's nice that his daughter was also a dancer/performer?
    I meant to say that Terrence Mann, Charlotte's husband, played Larry in the movie version of A Chorus Line,which also included Nicole Fosse, daughter of Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon.

Jacques D'Amboise played brother Ephraim in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, but was not in A Chorus Line.

Is that what you were asking, Miss_Griss?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3715858;
    I meant to say that Terrence Mann, Charlotte's husband, played Larry in the movie version of A Chorus Line,which also included Nicole Fosse, daughter of Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon.

Jacques D'Amboise played brother Ephraim in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, but was not in A Chorus Line.

Is that what you were asking, Miss_Griss?
    Thanks, Florimel, for explaining all of that. Yes, I was wondering what connections you were talking about when you mentioned the continuity.

I didn't realize that Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon had a daughter together. I'll bet she's one talented performer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345