+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

There weren't really any stand-outs tonight talent wise, but I really liked the b-boy called Legacy at the end. I really hope more hip-hoppers, b-boys/b-girls, ballet dancers, and ballroomers make it this year. Just too much contemporary.

Now it's time for GLEE!
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

Premium Member

Well the B Boy they were pimping all night, really wasn't all that great, especially compared to Dom and Hok from Season 3 IMO.

What happened to the deaf dancer. They never showed her again did they?

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3704260;
    What happened to the deaf dancer. They never showed her again did they?
    She got through choreography and on to Las Vegas.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3704257;
    Well the B Boy they were pimping all night, really wasn't all that great, especially compared to Dom and Hok from Season 3 IMO.
    Of course he was no where near as good past b-boyers like Dom, Hok, and Ryan, but he was still different and entertaining to watch especially since it's almost always about the contemporary dancers as of lately.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3704257;
    Seconded. Almost exactly what I said to my husband when he was up, and he agreed, too.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Amazed at the lack of chat for this season so far. Or is it usually this inactive during auditions with more participation during the performance/elimination part of the season? (I've been on the board for a couple years but really only started participating this past season.)

FORT Fogey

A question--do they trash all the cities they hold auditions in? Or just this one?

Their badmouthing Phoenix was offensive to those of us who live in desert cities.

^They don't always trash the audition cities, but yeah, this last episode was filled with a handful of things to say about Phoenix. I felt a bit bad for all the Phoenix inhabitants.

And I'm also pretty amazed about the lack of discussion. I thought the fall season would garner more attention, but I guess SYTYCD is just associated with the summer moreso.

But with that said, it wasn't an amazing episode. It was pretty boring actually.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;3704222;
    I remember these guys from last season. They look better this time around, maybe they took some of the criticism to heart.
    They definitely weren't the same guys. Last season's same-sex couple was kind of a dud; this season's was actually not that bad. They both got a ticket to Vegas.

Part of me thinks that Nigel had them on the show to show that his ill-feelings towards last season's same-sex couples were not homophobic. He approached this couple with more mellowness; he definitely didn't want to recreate a situation like last season.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 09-17-2009 at 04:19 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

These were not the same sex couple as last season. These guys had talent and last season one of the guys made it a point to say he was straight which I think ruined a good part of their chemistry. He wasn't committed to the routine...in case somebody thought he was gay or something (rolls eyes...commit or don't do it!) I thought these guys were fabulous and I was so thrilled to see how great they were with the females. One of the guys...the one who was slightly taller and stood to the right during the judges comments.....wow...he could swing those hips and rotate them like nobody's business. I'm excited for them and hope they make it far.

I was prepared to dislike the Legacy guy but then I noticed a couple of things.....he's GORGEOUS. (oh yeah, I'm a shallow thing) and he can dance. I thought he was pretty good. The best b-boy ever? I would have no idea since it's all the same to me. I can only tell you if somebody is good or stinks but other than that I have no idea the different levels of goodness since it's not a genre I'm particularly interested in.

The screaming kid...was he on drugs? I mean the way he crashed like that and had a "heart attack" just seemed really odd. Like his drugs (prescription or otherwise) had worn off because suddenly he was back to normal. Or maybe they kicked in...who knows.

Oh and I think the reason this forum is so slow is because there is so much going on right now TV wise. I'm not sure it was a good idea putting SYTYCD on in the fall against other popular reality shows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast