+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adam Shankman - Judge

Re: Adam Shankman Made Permanent Judge on So You Think You Can Dance

You know I would be happy with no rotating judges. The only choreographer/judge I would miss seeing as a judge would be Mia and even she gets annoying at times. I would not be unhappy at all to never see Tyce, Little C, or Toni Basil as a judge again!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Any judge without a working understanding and appreciation for all different forms of dance has no business being on the judging panel (uh, hullo, Lil C).

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Adam has been BY FAR my fav of the guest judges, so I am delighted to see him join permanently. Maybe it will leave less time for the nonsensical ramblings of some of the guest judges (I'm talking to YOU Toni Basil and Lil C!!!)

Who is John Galt?

I like him much better than some of the others. Adam, at least, analyzes the dance techniques used and gives honest and pretty unbiased opinions. Of course, I am not a fan of Mia as a judge at all and Mary's shrill voice jangles my nerves, so Adam would be a good alternative to either one of those (although since Nigel and Mary are a thing, I doubt she'll have less air time).

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3707615;
    ...(although since Nigel and Mary are a thing, I doubt she'll have less air time).
    Huh? Really? Since when? Guess I missed this info somewhere...

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Yeah - last I heard, Nigel was pussy-footin' around with Priscilla Presley.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3704682;
    So I'm confused. The article states that there is an extra chair that will be filled by guest judges. So that means there will be FIVE judges? But then he (Nigel) goes on to say that he doesn't think that the 4 judge format works because it steals time from the talent (paraphrased). So there won't be four judges all at once? Are they going to rotate these permanent judges and then have guest judges with them?

The thought of 5 judges, just no. I don't even like the thought of 4 judges at the same time.
    No, I think you're thinking of AI SYTYCD only has 2 permanent judges, Nigel and Mary. The third (sometimes third and fourth, like with Tabatha and Napoleon) is a guest judge. Adam will now be the permanent third judge. With the fourth (and sometimes fifth) being the guest judge.

I love how the article gives Nigel and Adam's ages, but not Mary's

FORT Fogey

Adam will be a great addition to the show. He always seems interested in the dancers and he does give good critiques. (Mary used to give good critiques and she's capable of giving good critiques but I get so tired of the screams and the "Hot Tamale Train.")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12