+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about seating for the tour

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Question about seating for the tour

I actually might be able to get tickets to see the Toledo performance after all on October 10.

Here is a link to a seating chart for the arena: Venue Information for Lucas County Arena

The seats are in section F6, row L, near the side that's by section 119. It's off to the right of the stage but facing front, and 45 rows back. (Most other seating charts have sections F6 & F4 flipped, so I'm not sure which is correct.)

I'm assuming these are not tiered seats, but folding chairs on the flat floor.

I've only seen one concert from the floor before at a Detroit area arena. Probably about 60-100 rows back from the stage. It was horrible. I only stand 5'2" tall, and I couldn't see anything without standing on my toes (I'm assuming this being a dance performance and not a musical concert, people will keep their seats...)

If you have seen a SYTYCD tour performance, please let me know if these seats are not a good idea. Thanks.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: Question about seating for the tour

Hi Fierce:
    I've seen the tour from the floor before, and while it was okay, I didn't LOVE it...
    Being further back from the stage is probably a good thing in this case. If you are up close, you can't see the dancers' feet, or see them when they are rolling on the stage (and that happens a lot with the contemporary routines). Due to your height, if you do get these tickets, I hope no one tall sits in front of you, or that you are on the aisle...
    This year, I didn't even try for floor seats, I got some in the 100 level section so that I could be up a little bit higher to see the stage better.
    p.s. I'm 5'7"

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: Question about seating for the tour

Thanks, JMB.

Unfortunately, due to finances & other circumstances, I had to pass altogether.

Just not going to happen this year.

+ Reply to Thread